Bates Motel - Season 2 - UK Pace

Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,620
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry if this has already been posted. Can't wait until season 2 of Bates Motel which starts this Wednesday in the UK.

I have done my best to avoid spoilers.

Comments

• cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't know it was starting this week,can't wait :D:D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Got a couple of problems with the trailer.

The horrific cover version of Stand By Me and the heavily photoshopped image of the two at the end. Farmiga looks only a few years older than her 'son'.
  • Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Got a couple of problems with the trailer.

The horrific cover version of Stand By Me and the heavily photoshopped image of the two at the end. Farmiga looks only a few years older than her 'son'.

Maybe it's her new hair style

Have you seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IWNzf9UpoE
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've been promoting this heavily (I'm not complaining). As well as obviously being shown on the Universal Channel, I've seen the trailer on Channel 5 a few times and maybe even Sky Sports, if my memory serves me correctly.
    Forum Member
    An easyish quiz to refresh your memory for the new series
    http://www.funtrivia.com/trivia-quiz/Television/Nice-Town-You-Picked-Norma-366999.html
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    I hope Miss Watson is OK - just a scratch, maybe.;-)
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oooh I love Bates Hotel - looking forward to tonight :)
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me too. Can't believe how different Vera Farmiga looks with the lighter blonde hair.
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    It's great to see Bates Motel again, enjoyed last nights epsiode looking to seeing what happends next in next weeks Bates Motel s2 epsiode 2.
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,052
    Forum Member
    Did Bradley pull that gun from where I think she pulled that gun from?
    Forum Member
    Not sure where you think she pulled it from, but Bradley, who was amazing, did put a bag down by the Sofa.;-)

Great start to BM last night, with Bradley on revenge mode, and Norma taking Norman for a driving lesson....they really work well together, in these funny moments.
    That council meeting was great too, with the home truths coming out.

And the Beaver getting Stuffed.:o
    Forum Member
    I thought it did seem a bit too smooth. If it was in her belt then you would have seen it. If it was in her bag you can imaging her rumaging around for it.

It does tell you about the state of the US and it's gun control where a 17? yr old girl finds a gun in her father's stuff and instantly knows how to remove the clip and cock it (i'm not even sure if they are the right terms but she seemed to know how to handle a gun).
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it did seem a bit too smooth. If it was in her belt then you would have seen it. If it was in her bag you can imaging her rumaging around for it.

It does tell you about the state of the US and it's gun control where a 17? yr old girl finds a gun in her father's stuff and instantly knows how to remove the clip and cock it (i'm not even sure if they are the right terms but she seemed to know how to handle a gun).

And hide it in her lady bits apparently
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great start to the new series. Definitely Bradley's episode!
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »
    And hide it in her lady bits apparently
    Watching the ending again - and Bradley does drop her bag in front of the sofa, so very easy to pick it out.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Renewed for a 3rd season. Great news
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love this show
    Forum Member
    Can't be the last we see of Bradley - can she really make a new life......but the scene at the Diner with Dylan was very film noir.:cool:

Again Norman & Norma together, makes for great fun, and their singing together, was hilarious - and then the auditions.

Loved the reaction too from Norma when Emma, running,:o - said someone had been charged with the Miss Watson {troubled} murder.

Plus we have a Drug War.:o
    Forum Member
    For me it was one of the first times i've felt pretty bored with an episode.

Still not sure why Bradley is running away as there doesn't seem to be any evidence to link her to the murder.
    Seemed to be a very quick decision to run away and start a new life without thinking about her mother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this episode, particularly mixing many dark moments, with the Norma and Norman singing at the piano scene.

I hope we haven't scene the last of Bradley. I read elsewhere the excellent Nicola Peltz was filming the new Transformers movie at the same time, so was written out, with the potential to return.

The new story twist at the end means I can't wait for next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    Renewed for a 3rd season. Great news

That is great news indeed.

Love everything about this show, especially as a big fan of the original 'Psycho' I enjoy seeing all the things that tie in with that. I think the cinematography is just brilliant, the whole look and feel of the programme is fabulous. Also I don't think they could have found anyone more perfect than Freddie Highmore as a young Norman, he plays the part perfectly.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it was one of the first times i've felt pretty bored with an episode.

Still not sure why Bradley is running away as there doesn't seem to be any evidence to link her to the murder.
    Seemed to be a very quick decision to run away and start a new life without thinking about her mother.

I'm sure with modern day forensics they would be able to pin point her - bare in mind she has the police and this weird crazy drug lord chasing her back, hence the suicide note.
    Forum Member
    The police and the drug lord don't know she did it.
    Why would her DNA be on file?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The police and the drug lord don't know she did it.
    Why would her DNA be on file?

She clearly has a motive so how long before she became a suspect?

Quite understandable to want to flee and make a new life somewhere else I would have thought?
    Forum Member
    The police don't know that.
    As far as we've been told only her and Dylan knew about the letters. The police don't know that she knew her father was having an affair.