Options

How To Take Leave From Office - Joke

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
Forum Member
I urgently needed a few days off work, but, I knew the Boss would not allow me to take leave. I thought that I would do something crazy. So I hung upside-down on the ceiling and made funny noises. John, my co-worker asked me what I was doing. I told him that I was pretending to be a light bulb so that the Boss might think I was 'Crazy' and give me a few days off.

A few minutes later the boss came into the office and asked, "What in the name of good GOD are you doing?"

I told him I was a light bulb.

He said, "You are clearly stressed out. Go home and recuperate for a couple of days."

I jumped down and walked out of the office....

When my co-worker, John followed me, the Boss asked him, "And where do you think you're going?"

John replied, "I'm going home, too. I can't work in the dark!" :o:o

Comments

• Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    I am sorry but I dont know where you think you are, but non-sexist, non-racist and non-mother-in-law jokes will not be tolerated around here.
    Take your strange sense of humour else where before you get a ban.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet if I did that, they'd call the local mental health team and have me committed !!!
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »

At least someone here who likes my joke. Thanks :)
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    I thought it was quite funny although I think I've heard it before.

I still chuckled though! :)
  • Options
    Masher29Masher29 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    Thank you for the laugh
  • Options
    UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »

Admit it, you were the guy who walked out after Victoria cos you can't work in the dark aren't you? :p
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    I went into a butcher's shop and asked, "Do you have a sheep's head?"

He said, "No - its just the way I comb my hair."
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I urgently needed a few days off work, but, I knew the Boss would not allow me to take leave. I thought that I would do something crazy. So I hung upside-down on the ceiling and made funny noises. John, my co-worker asked me what I was doing. I told him that I was pretending to be a light bulb so that the Boss might think I was 'Crazy' and give me a few days off.

A few minutes later the boss came into the office and asked, "What in the name of good GOD are you doing?"

I told him I was a light bulb.

He said, "You are clearly stressed out. Go home and recuperate for a couple of days."

I jumped down and walked out of the office....

When my co-worker, John followed me, the Boss asked him, "And where do you think you're going?"

John replied, "I'm going home, too. I can't work in the dark!" :o:o

That's fantastic! :):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »
    That's fantastic! :):D

• Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    I chuckled, but I sniggered at Julian's post.
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB3 wrote: »
    I chuckled, but I sniggered at Julian's post.

I wonder what it will take to make you guffaw?
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent joke :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »

Picto you have disappointed me. I was waiting on one of your jokes. :(
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it too :D
  • Options
    biggle2000biggle2000 Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its an old joke but still very funny:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »

:D:D You really need to put that up now!
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uffa wrote: »
    Admit it, you were the guy who walked out after Victoria cos you can't work in the dark aren't you? :p
    The dark gives me nightmares...
  • Options
    WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sorry but I dont know where you think you are, but non-sexist, non-racist and non-mother-in-law jokes will not be tolerated around here.
    Take your strange sense of humour else where before you get a ban.

I'm not saying my wife's fat, but whenever we have sex I keep burning my arse on the lightbulb.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    A woman was very distraught at the fact that she had not had a date or any sex in quite some time.

She was afraid she might have something wrong with her, so she decided to seek the medical expertise of a sex therapist. Her doctor recommended that she see Dr. Chang, the well-known Chinese sex therapist, so she went to see him.

Upon entering the examination room, Dr. Chang said, "OK, take off all you crose." The woman did as she was told. "Now, get down and craw reery, reery fass to odder side of room." Again, the woman did as she was instructed. Dr. Chang then said, "OK, now craw reery, reery fass back to me." So she did.

Dr. Chang shook his head slowly and said, "Your probrem vewy bad. You haf Ed Zachary Disease. Worse case I ever see. Dat why you not haf sex or dates."

Worried, the woman asked anxiously, "Oh my God, Dr. Chang, what is Ed Zachary Disease?"

Dr. Chang looked the woman in the eye and replied, "Ed Zachary Disease is when your face rook Ed Zachary rike your arse."
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    An unfortunate woman goes to the doctors with a smelly fanny.

""Doctor," she says, "I have a smelly fanny."

"Take off your drawers and hop on the couch," says the doctor.

She does so and he comes over and closely inspects her fanny. He gets up, walks over to the corner of the room and picks up a long wooden pole with a hook on the end.

"Farkin ell," cries the woman, "What are you going to do with that?"

"I'm going to open a window," he says, "It stinks in here."
  • Options
    CherumanCheruman Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    A woman was very distraught at the fact that she had not had a date or any sex in quite some time.

She was afraid she might have something wrong with her, so she decided to seek the medical expertise of a sex therapist. Her doctor recommended that she see Dr. Chang, the well-known Chinese sex therapist, so she went to see him.

Upon entering the examination room, Dr. Chang said, "OK, take off all you crose." The woman did as she was told. "Now, get down and craw reery, reery fass to odder side of room." Again, the woman did as she was instructed. Dr. Chang then said, "OK, now craw reery, reery fass back to me." So she did.

Dr. Chang shook his head slowly and said, "Your probrem vewy bad. You haf Ed Zachary Disease. Worse case I ever see. Dat why you not haf sex or dates."

Worried, the woman asked anxiously, "Oh my God, Dr. Chang, what is Ed Zachary Disease?"

Dr. Chang looked the woman in the eye and replied, "Ed Zachary Disease is when your face rook Ed Zachary rike your arse."

Supplies