Simon Cowell fires James Arthur after shocking new scandal.

Comments

• stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    The story came from Dan Wotton, who isn't exactly a credible source.

Actually he is pretty reliable when it comes to showbiz news. Considering everything that has happened over the last year it was pretty inevitable. Only huge sales could have saved him, and that's unlikely to happen now that radio stations have turned their backs on him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steven88 wrote: »
    Sacked for a bad song lyric? That's fairly stupid, most rappers and metal bands have come up with a lot worse lyrics than that. I'm no fan of James Arthur and I loathe the x-factor but it seems they're looking for an excuse to finally get rid of him after the other incidents involving him.

The X Factor is a "family show" and if you go on it, you have to play the game. James would have known this and has no one to blame but himself. He is the biggest idiot ever for blowing it. Had he played the game for now, a few years down the line he probably could have had enough fans to join an indie label and do what he wanted. Instead he was too thick to do things properly and such a big baby he choose to spit his dummy out instead.

Good riddance to bad rubbish, although it's a shame as he had potential.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This story seems to be everywhere now...

yahoo just has a headline that says simply 'James Arthur sacked by Simon Cowell'... usually they'd say 'reportedly' or have a question mark if it wasn't confirmed - has there been any comment from Syco?

Steve Brookstein is being very vocal though... :D
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    This story seems to be everywhere now...

yahoo just has a headline that says simply 'James Arthur sacked by Simon Cowell'... usually they'd say 'reportedly' or have a question mark if it wasn't confirmed - has there been any comment from Syco?

Steve Brookstein is being very vocal though... :D

I had a look at his twitter. He seems to be doing the most and grasping at straws.

There is no way this is not true, Cowell seems to have the media and PR covered so well, this wouldn't have leaked at all if not true.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steven88 wrote: »
    Sacked for a bad song lyric? That's fairly stupid, most rappers and metal bands have come up with a lot worse lyrics than that. I'm no fan of James Arthur and I loathe the x-factor but it seems they're looking for an excuse to finally get rid of him after the other incidents involving him.
    is this what passes for a 'shocking scandal' these days?:)

the only bit i find shocking is this bit:

But a music insider said: “It was idiotic for him to invoke images of suicide bombers no matter what the context"

If that's how the label looks at the music it's artists produce it's not one any of them should want to be on

Both of you are missing the point, James is not a hip hop star or a metal star that came up through the underground scene by rapping and singing about politics and real life issues who can write about what he wants, he came through a family show and as a result has gained a lot of young fans, he has more rules to stick to. He cannot sing stuff that does not suit a family friendly audience. If he wanted creative freedom he should not have gone on xf.

As for the comment about him having lots of label options, if he was that good, he would have got signed without XF eventually but he wasn't as his music wasn't good enough without the help of the producers and co-writers he seems to resent.

The1Kuda wrote: »
    You're nobody 'till somebody hires you.......

:D
  • kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that Brookstein has been disingenuous encouraging James to continue throwing his toys out of the pram. There is only one thing that Brookstein cares about - himself and his war against the X Factor.

If James has been following Steve's advice he is plain daft. Paul Potts gave him far better advice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was inevitable. Sadly James Arthur was the master of his own downfall
  • outof theparkoutof thepark Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    I think we're jumping the gun here slightly I'd wait for official confirmation from Syco or another more reputable tabloid than the paper that gave us stories like Wagner dominating the votes.

Anyways...I just find all of this twitter business confusing mainly because the person sending the tweets and the James that was on the show feel like two different people. The James on twitter seems to be so outspoken/OTT controversial/ while the James on TV was so polite, laid-back and quite shy. There's such a contradiction in personalities. You'd probably argue that he had to put up a front on live TV - but if he really was as insecure as his twitter suggests I think he'd very easily have said something out of order on the actual show esp when Maloney/Rylan got through over him and he landed in the B2 with Ella! He handled that remarkably maturely! If it was all fake then he must have been very well media-trained...and yet if he was well media-trained then he wouldn't be writing such crap. Again a contradiction.

Also i know that ordinarily people feel more comfortable behind a screen venting out their frustrations and being generally unpleasant BUT this is twitter and everyone knows it would be him posting!
    I cannot comment on his demenour on the show because i did not watch that year,but i do remember his comment about digital spy lowlifes, and his twitter spat with Matt Cardle before he even won.I think he had a tendancy to be outspoken even then.
    twingle wrote: »
    He's lucky to be let go if this is true. He could have been languishing on the back boiler for years as it is there is a chance he may get signed by some indie label which me thinks was his game plan anyway .
    I would not be surprised if it was his game plan too, seems to have been very critical of late of his PR and tweeting SC.
    Being a bit of a cynic i would not be surprised if he wanted to part ways with Syco with the impression he was let go because of his character/ belief in his music...rather than " just another failed x factor male winner" that others have been been labelled with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James isn't outspoken - he's an arse, plain and simple.
    Forum Member
    James isn't outspoken - he's an arse, plain and simple.
    I was being polite:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was being polite:p

Hope I didn't sound rude as it wasn't intended. :)
    Forum Member
    Hope I didn't sound rude as it wasn't intended. :)
    No not at all:)
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought James would've been let go ages ago tbh. He's messed everything up himself .
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're noboby & nobody loves you
  • BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol 'shocking new scandal' - not really dear
  • BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    You're noboby & nobody loves you

freak, get a life :confused:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The cynic in me wonders if Arthur planned this all along, and with a song like "You're Nobody til Somebody Loves You", the title is talking about himself ;) Now he's back to being a nobody again....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see he's taken to twitter to deny the rumours. However, the record label has declined to comment, which I think is rather telling. I'm sure if they wanted to salvage the situation and quash any rumours, they would have
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see he's taken to twitter to deny the rumours. However, the record label has declined to comment, which I think is rather telling. I'm sure if they wanted to salvage the situation and quash any rumours, they would have

Yeah I think you are right, if they wanted to keep him they would be denying it.

When Leona left her management last year there were rumours that Syco were planning on dropping her, but they released this statement straight away.
    Leona Lewis is one of the UK’s most successful artists, one of a few that have enjoyed huge global success in recent year selling more then 20 million records worldwide.

Leona will begin the recording of her fourth album imminently to be released later this year. She remains a key priority artist for Syco and for Sony Music Worldwide.

So it does appear very telling that they have declined to comment.
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good ^_^ (so happy:D) he's awful , maybe he should audition for the next hobbit film at least they won't have to waste money on special facial effects because they are not needed :D
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that it's not a matter of whether or not JA is dropped, but a matter of when he will be dropped. His fault for burning bridges on his way up; whatever happened to "fake it 'til you make it"?
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    If that's true why did Syco decline to comment? Surely they would have said if it's not true.

Lol really? They obviously lied about it. More like they never even asked Syco in the first place :p

It's shocking how quickly people believe in these stories esp The Sun - seriously guys??
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has he been dropped or not? We haven't got any confirmation about this.

To be honest, I don't think Simon Cowell does want to go down a route as in the winners seem to go down a pretty shit path when they win, so much so you will end up having people on the show who don't want to actually win and deliberately perform shit in the semi finals to get voted off.

Look at all the winners who are either struggling or not even in the game. Leona Lewis, Leon Jackson, Matt Cardle, Joe McElderry.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »

To be honest, I don't think Simon Cowell does want to go down a route as in the winners seem to go down a pretty shit path when they win, so much so you will end up having people on the show who don't want to actually win and deliberately perform shit in the semi finals to get voted off.

Look at all the winners who are either struggling or not even in the game. Leona Lewis, Leon Jackson, Matt Cardle, Joe McElderry.

Joe seems to be doing well with his new label and will be releasing his fifth album this year :confused:
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »

Leona's doing fairly well still - having recently been awarded the greatest number of top 10 singles by any female British artist.

Matt's doing quite well releasing indie pop material - which is what he wanted to do in the first place. I think for the purposes of being with an indie label, he's doing fairly well for himself (he was never going to be a chart topper with them tbh).

As Patti said Joe has released his fifth album too. Alex is set to conquer America. James is uber talented. No questions asked about LM tbh - they're doing very well.

The winners have been doing fairly well for themselves tbh.