Options

BGT loses 2.2million viewers from last week

SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
Forum Member
BGT's ratings plumetted yesterday by losing 2.2million viewers from last week. An average of 8.3m viewers [excluding +1] watched the Itv reality show, which was its worst rating for a second episode since 2007. It was also the show's worst share for a second episode since 2008!

Comments

• Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it is easter weekend so expect all ratings to be down
  • Options
    Forum Member
    adamski94 wrote: »
    The share was down a lot too. Worst share in years. That shouldnt be effected by the Easter weekend.
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    You are so predictable and boring, we all knew it would be down - due to earlier start and the Easter weekend.

You conveniently miss out the 11.1m(50%) peak didn't you. That tells you it is starting too early.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamski94 wrote: »

Why would it being Easter Weekend cause ratings to be down?:confused:
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,994
    Forum Member
    By the way, what aired against BGT last night on BBC Samuel? You're so predictable
  • Options
    Forum Member
    By the way, what aired against BGT last night on BBC Samuel? You're so predictable
    Pointless Celebrities
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Pointless Celebrities

So I take it the share for PC is equally bad, if not worse?
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I've noticed Amanda Holden isn't copying and pasting the ratings on Twitter this week.

To be honest, they're still great ratings BUT I do think the sob stories may have put some people off last week. Plus, like you say, it was Easter Saturday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So I take it the share for PC is equally bad, if not worse?
    Pointless is a cheap daytime gameshow, theres no reason or expectation for it to rate well against BGT. But it appears to have drawn some of BGT's older audience away, so it's done a good job.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They didn't miss much, terribly low standard last night. I'm afraid I shall be joining those 2 million next week.

And what has Easter Saturday got to do with it? Are X Factor ratings ever down on Yom Kippur? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Pointless is a cheap daytime gameshow, theres no reason or expectation for it to rate well against BGT. But it appears to have drawn some of BGT's older audience away, so it's done a good job.

So the BBC have given up on airing against BGT? Now they just put a "cheap daytime game show" on against it?
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't feed the troll
  • Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    I guess ITV expected the ratings to drop as last night BGT was very poor.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some facts:

-BGT last night actually averaged 9.3m and got a share of 45%.
    -The audience was 1.8m lower than last week, not 2.2m.
    -The 45% share was actually the show's fourth highest share for a second episode ever.
    -Easter weekend drags it down every time it airs there. It actually got a higher share than previous Easter weekend episodes. The lower audience is because of the early 7pm slot as much as anything.
    -It peaked at 11.1m/50%, showing it grew a lot across the episode.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont watch it and haven't for a couple of years now but if my FB feed was anything to go by then I can understand why rating have dropped.

Those that cannot understand why Easter would affect ratings.. Many people go away for Easter as its a very long weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Score wrote: »
    Some facts:

-BGT last night actually averaged 9.3m and got a share of 45%.
    -The audience was 1.8m lower than last week, not 2.2m.
    -The 45% share was actually the show's fourth highest share for a second episode ever.
    -Easter weekend drags it down every time it airs there. It actually got a higher share than previous Easter weekend episodes. The lower audience is because of the early 7pm slot as much as anything.
    -It peaked at 11.1m/50%, showing it grew a lot across the episode.

Thanking you for the actual facts lol
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They didn't miss much, terribly low standard last night. I'm afraid I shall be joining those 2 million next week.

And what has Easter Saturday got to do with it? Are X Factor ratings ever down on Yom Kippur? :confused:

It's an excuse that's frequently trotted out by the Cowell apologists when one of his shows doesn't perform as well as usual. If it's not Easter then it's warm weather and barbecues and yes, X Factor bad ratings are frequently blamed on viewers being out doing their Xmas shopping or being on their work Xmas do's.

No one ever suggests that maybe people might have just switched off because they've seen it all before
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    It's an excuse that's frequently trotted out by the Cowell apologists when one of his shows doesn't perform as well as usual. If it's not Easter then it's warm weather and barbecues and yes, X Factor bad ratings are frequently blamed on viewers being out doing their Xmas shopping or being on their work Xmas do's.

No one ever suggests that maybe people might have just switched off because they've seen it all before

Nail on the head!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually they do, but the actual facts don't support their claim so it tends to be ignored :)
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Score wrote: »
    Some facts:
    -The audience was 1.8m lower than last week, not 2.2m..

The Cowell spin is getting very very desperate:D
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trash TV for a dumbed down generation.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Cowell apologists LMFAO. He has got absolutely nothing to do with me liking or disliking a tv show....brilliant! DS is comedy gold sometimes :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jake lyle wrote: »

More comedy gold :D:D
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Strange - I'd say the snide comments from people who have nothing constructive to add to the thread are more desperate.

The rating is low but that's down to the idiotic scheduling. As Score said, everything outside the raw figure is fine.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was a statement of fact. It wasn't supposed to be spin. If I was trying to spin I wouldn't have mentioned it being 1.8m down.

Maybe instead of trolling threads of shows you don't like you could do something more constructive with your time.