Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rafa was actually blamed for their CL exit by some fans when the only thing he could literally do was win and hope that other teams slipped up. (He did, they didn't).

I've said all along that if we can't win it I don't care who does as long as it isn't Mourinho.

Bloody terrified for today though, even with the extra breathing space (if anything it's made me more nervous).
  • snukrsnukr Posts: 19,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JWH says Liverpool are "ahead of schedule" and he's "delighted and surprised" by their title bid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27081621
  • Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    Last summer the biggest signing was keeping hold of Suarez and for me, this summers signing needs to be keeping hold of Rodgers. Essential that we get him on a long contract before another club starts sniffing around!

On to today - need to do the job today. Ideally going in at half time with a good lead would be best as we can then look to rest Gerrard ./ Suarez to protect them due to Henderson's suspension and Sturridge's injury, Mind you I wouldn't wanna tell either of them they're coming off!
  • snukrsnukr Posts: 19,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    While I'm happy to see Chelsea drop points, when it comes to it, nothing changes for us. As far as I can see, if we really want to win the title (and given where we've been for the last few years let's really let this sink in) we need to win the next 4 games. Simple as that.
    What yesterday's result means is that if we beat Norwich today and Chelsea next Sunday they will be out of it, it would be between us and City with us being able to afford to draw one of our last two games, if we draw against Chelsea they could still mathematically win it, though it would be unlikely.
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Team: Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan, Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez

Subs: Jones, Toure, Agger, Cissokho, Moses, Alberto, Aspas

No surprises in the line up today. :)
  • TalkmanTalkman Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool win this game and I strongly fancy our chances of winning the league
    But I have horrible feeling we are going to drop points today.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talkman wrote: »
    Liverpool win this game and I strongly fancy our chances of winning the league
    But I have horrible feeling we are going to drop points today.

You take every game as it comes. I know it's a cliche but it's true. The players won't need to be told how important this is..

2-0 Liverpool but Norwich will put up a fight i reckon.
    Forum Member
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Team: Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan, Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez

Subs: Jones, Toure, Agger, Cissokho, Moses, Alberto, Aspas

No surprises in the line up today. :)

Be interesting to see if Gerrard pushes further forward today - with Lucas proving the protection to the back 4.

So exited / nervous / scared for today!
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect a professional job, and whilst Norwich will fight, I think we'll win 3-0.

The results Sunderland and Palace achieved at the Etihad, Stamford Bridge and Goodison will essentially be Brendan's team talk. We have won nothing yet, and these 'smaller' sides are gonna give it everything. Rodgers and the team will know this.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably a midfield diamond.

Liverpools U18s are playing against Ajax kids this morning, currently leading 1-0

Team against Ajax: Wheeler, Whelan, Brewitt, , Travis, Dobie, Chirivella, Oviemuno Dominic, Rossiter, Wilson, Ojo, Canos.

Its a comp called Aegon Future Cup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Cup

2-0 now Ojo and Wilson.
  • TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    There wasn't even that bad a decisions to argue with. The penalty against them was blatant, neither of theirs not given were. The only blatant decision missed was Ramirez elbow.

There is too much deliberate fouling that players get away with on the balance of probabilities. We need the similar system to cricket and tennis where three calls for a video replay are allowed.

Last weekend the Man City game would have ended three all if the ref had bothered to see the hand ball in the penalty area.
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Liverpool get Norwich on the ropes early on they should try to utterly annihilate them and do everything they can to bring their goal difference up, its whats keeping City in the title race. If they go 2-0 up early on and things are looking rosy they should look to win 5 or 6 nil, don't pull back and retreat if they get 1 or 2.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on you Red Men.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a goal Sterling! :D
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sterling value is rising on the markets!
  • taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,950
    Forum Member
    This boy Sterling could turn out to be quite good one day :)
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Unreal goal! What a hit
    Forum Member
    Sterling is looking a really class prospect! What a goal!
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Small deflection but a great hit nonetheless! We've started at a good tempo here!
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    another goal in the 1st half.

tough game... :D;-)
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ANOTHER early Liverpool goal - great strike.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this title race was a boxing fight this is the point the referee would be stepping in to stop the contest.
  • TalkmanTalkman Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get in Stirling I had a fiver on him for the first goal :D
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    another goal in the 1st half.

tough game... :D;-)

Tough game indeed, not over yet, City scored in the first 2 minutes against Sunderland, and look what happened to them.

Anything can happen.
This discussion has been closed.