Options

Why would David be Lucy's man?

Beale_FowlerBeale_Fowler Posts: 109
Forum Member
[news]- EastEnders: David accuses Max of killing Lucy
- EastEnders' Jake Wood: 'Max is accused of Lucy Beale murder'[/news]

Apparently Ian asks David if he is (or was) Lucy's mystery man. That is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've heard. Hasn't it crossed Ian's mind that that would be incest? Have the writers forgotten that David is Ian's brother? More unrealistic than a forest in the East End of London!

Comments

• Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Where does it say that?

Mind you, if that does happen it'll show that EE is now pandering to the growing incest fan club on DS. ;-)
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Apparently Ian asks David if he is (or was) Lucy's mystery man. That is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've heard. Hasn't it crossed Ian's mind that that would be incest? Have the writers forgotten that David is Ian's brother? More unrealistic than a forest in the East End of London!
    Half-brother surely? But still gross.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where does it say that?

Mind you, if that does happen it'll show that EE is now pandering to the growing incest fan club on DS. ;-)
    WAY too much incest in EastEnders - someone needs to write to DTC about it (it's sickening). There's Lola and Ben making Lexi (Ben being Lola's third cousin-once-removed). Then there's Lauren and Joey which was just vile. There was Harry and Kat making Zoe (again, vile but it was pedophilia/rape). Ronnie and Archie (but again pedophilia/rape). Tiffany and Bobby was a terrible Lorraine Newman idea - stupid woman. There was Mary Flaherty and Joe Wicks in the 1990s. Ian and Elizabeth Beale in the 1980s. Martin fancying one of the Flaherty grandchildren. Sharon and Dennis Rickman (though that was legal but weird). Bianca fancying Jack (gross). Now Ian thinks that David is sick enough to have sex with his niece (or half-niece). They need to stop it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Half-brother surely? But still gross.

Belated Well done on the 35K posts BTW, lulu.

Simple answer to this thread question is - David wouldn't be Lucys man - it is beyond ridiculous and just completely implausible.

Never thought of the incest aspect TBH though - why would that stop David though, it didn't stop Joey - and before anyone says Cousins is ok - this still doesn't make It any less gross.

Would be implausible and ridiculous that even David would do that - same as with the Max and Lucy "relationship" really, its just very contrived for Lucy's exit, to say the least, IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Belated Well done on the 35K posts BTW, lulu.

Simple answer to this thread question is - David wouldn't be Lucys man - it is beyond ridiculous and just completely implausible.

Never thought of the incest aspect TBH though - why would that stop David though, it didn't stop Joey - and before anyone says Cousins is ok - this still doesn't make It any less gross.

Would be implausible and ridiculous that even David would do that - same as with the Max and Lucy "relationship" really, its just very contrived for Lucy's exit, to say the least, IMO.
    I think that Lucy and Max was fine but the idea that the writers could think that Ian could ask whether David slept with Lucy? I mean really? Really?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that Lucy and Max was fine but the idea that the writers could think that Ian could ask whether David slept with Lucy? I mean really? Really?

Agreed - daft to say the least - but the same is true with Max & Lucy being daft also IMO - but granted, it is probably slightly more plausible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WAY too much incest in EastEnders - someone needs to write to DTC about it (it's sickening). There's Lola and Ben making Lexi (Ben being Lola's third cousin-once-removed). Then there's Lauren and Joey which was just vile. There was Harry and Kat making Zoe (again, vile but it was pedophilia/rape). Ronnie and Archie (but again pedophilia/rape). Tiffany and Bobby was a terrible Lorraine Newman idea - stupid woman. There was Mary Flaherty and Joe Wicks in the 1990s. Ian and Elizabeth Beale in the 1980s. Martin fancying one of the Flaherty grandchildren. Sharon and Dennis Rickman (though that was legal but weird). Bianca fancying Jack (gross). Now Ian thinks that David is sick enough to have sex with his niece (or half-niece). They need to stop it!
    BIB - She also tried it on with David before she knew he was her father. He pushed her away, she was hurt by his rejection, and so she had to be told.
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Ian will be deep in grief and not thinking straight. I dare say David will say he is her uncle when Ian questions him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »
    Ian will be deep in grief and not thinking straight. I dare say David will say he is her uncle when Ian questions him.
    They should be using it as a time to reconcile the two brothers not for another incestuous suggestion!
  • Options
    Tanz01Tanz01 Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    This is so disgusting.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/eastenders-spoiler-pictures-ian-beale-3441602

Of all the people Ian accuses , he goes after Lucy's uncle? Really . Will the writers even remember that they are related or are they so obsessed with incest storylines that this is what they thought of . It's disgusting to be frank .
  • Options
    princesstinprincesstin Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB - She also tried it on with David before she knew he was her father. He pushed her away, she was hurt by his rejection, and so she had to be told.

And didn't David also fancy her before he found out he was her father? Then even after he found out he still had feelings for her for a bit and had to get counselling. As a kid in the Nineties I remember a scene where he was talking to a counsellor who was saying something like "You have to get over these feelings for her; she's your daughter".

So maybe Ian remembers that phase and so thinks Lucy wouldn't be so far-fetched for David. Not that David would have told Ian he fancied his own daughter, but whatever. Maybe Ian guessed at the time anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And didn't David also fancy her before he found out he was her father? Then even after he found out he still had feelings for her for a bit and had to get counselling. As a kid in the Nineties I remember a scene where he was talking to a counsellor who was saying something like "You have to get over these feelings for her; she's your daughter".

So maybe Ian remembers that phase and so thinks Lucy wouldn't be so far-fetched for David. Not that David would have told Ian he fancied his own daughter, but whatever. Maybe Ian guessed at the time anyway.
    Really? I must have suppressed that information.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »

This. David did go after Cindy Sr, is one of the more attractive men on the Square and a bit of a womanizer. In his grief, he probably thinks that a small thing like it being illegal won't stop him.

Fairly logical that it's someone older as she's kept it secret. He probably rules out people on the basis of not being good looking enough (Max, as we know he skips over him; Phil) or because he thinks they are decent people and wouldn't do that (Alfie, Terry etc.) Probably Jake in that category too so he isn't suspected; something he's done has probably contributed but I don't think he's ultimately the one responsible. Ian probably thinks he wouldn't go for Lucy after everything he's done for him, even though I'd suspect him first after the Lauren thing!
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David at one point was about to shag Bianca untill he discovered he was her dad, so no its not implausable considering his track record.
  • Options
    princesstinprincesstin Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I must have suppressed that information.

Ahahaha. Sorry for re-traumatizing you with it. Maybe I hallucinated the whole thing, which would be worrying since I remember it in such vivid detail. :o

I looked for it on YouTube and it's not there, though every other David-Bianca moment seems to be, including her trying it on with him, as you mentioned: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=david+bianca+feelings+eastenders
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    David at one point was about to shag Bianca untill he discovered he was her dad, so no its not implausable considering his track record.

I bet he looks at her now and thinks, Blimey, that was a lucky escape.
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    I bet he looks at her now and thinks, Blimey, that was a lucky escape.

Considering she looks older than him your probably right lmaoooooo :D