Quick update Ref EPG Update

Comments

• paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One feature request in another update - please can we have series link for radio and the ability to auto-hide the menu/info bar.
  • TGITCTGITC Posts: 2,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got it on my 'office' box, but not in the Lounge yet, even though they are the same make and model

But I do kinda like the new look - So I'm happy :)
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've yet to get it, can see not much value add in it, yet I still feel like I'm missing out somehow!

Stupid brain..
  • spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TGITC wrote: »
    I got it on my 'office' box, but not in the Lounge yet, even though they are the same make and model

But I do kinda like the new look - So I'm happy :)

we have the same, got it on the box in the lounge, but not on the box upstairs in the bedroom, even though both boxes are the same make and model, anybody know why this would be?, I understand the phased rollout, but would have thought that 2 of exactly the same boxes in the same house would update at the same time?
  • NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceman05 wrote: »
    we have the same, got it on the box in the lounge, but not on the box upstairs in the bedroom, even though both boxes are the same make and model, anybody know why this would be?, I understand the phased rollout, but would have thought that 2 of exactly the same boxes in the same house would update at the same time?

The batches are seemingly random, they certainly arnt done by household or area.
  • TestingTimesTestingTimes Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    There haven't been much changes in the DRX890/5 range on where they've been made or modifications, so I suspect there may be millions of them now - forgive me as I don't know the exact figures but this will be why only some of the same box is updated at any given time.

We could do with an updated box (are you listening Sky?) mind you - bigger HDD and ability to act as a server etc
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One feature request in another update - please can we have series link for radio and the ability to auto-hide the menu/info bar.

Not a chance in hell of the series link. There is no programme data in the Sky EPG for the radio channels and the banner merely displays info from the DVB-S EPG that they broadcast along with actual transmission. Radio channels pay significantly less for their EPG slot due to this lack of data - how many would be prepared to pay as much as the TV stations merely to provide this data. There is also the consideration that most of the early digital boxes do not have sufficient memory for much more EPG data which is the reason that the launch queue for SD TV channels closed.
  • kenedinkenedin Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceman05 wrote: »

Are they different Version Numbers?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kenedin wrote: »
    Are they different Version Numbers?

Every time the hardware changes slightly the version number changes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Got updated to the R009 on 27th March for my drx890 to R009.066.77.03P

Last night it got updated to R009.066.77.08P
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    Got updated to the R009 on 27th March for my drx890 to R009.066.77.03P

Last night it got updated to R009.066.77.08P

The latest update includes a fix for the padding issue:).
    Forum Member
    The latest update includes a fix for the padding issue:).

Padding?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    Padding?

Where you choose to add extra recording time to the strart and end of a recording.
    Forum Member
    Nsewell wrote: »
    Where you choose to add extra recording time to the strart and end of a recording.

Ahh yes did experience that problem :)

There was a temp fix suggested to delete your current recordings and re add them. Have not seen any further ones that have failed.
    But did have a couple early on after the first update.
  • Radio RuderhamRadio Ruderham Posts: 13,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well got ours this morning, Both boxes. :rolleyes:
    Disappointing is hardly the word I would use,
    I can access the Planner, no probs; :cool:
    TV menu, No Probs, Box sets and other On Demand, No probs. :p

But, If I go to New series it tells me, know again to connect my box to the net??!! :(
    Then other times it works, then freezes then has a melt down to it's self.
    What's that all about? >:(
    Love the colours tho', Hawick colours, blue and yellow :D
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 HD boxes here in total , made up of 2 x 2TB boxes , 1 x 1 TB box and a 500 gig box , still no update on any of them

I will just sit and wait :)
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Still not available for download then of course!!!! :o
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone had the update on they're wifi boxes yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    daclick wrote: »
    Has anyone had the update on they're wifi boxes yet?

DRX895 2tb wifi version 4f3157 nope still waiting and waiting and so is my DRX 890 500gb non wifi waiting and waiting Christmas is a coming >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Sky said few weeks to update DRX 890/5 it been 5 weeks none of my boxes have got the update, sky should explain to us what they mean by few weeks.for my understanding few weeks is up to up 4 weeks
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stonerday wrote: »
    .for my understanding few weeks is up to up 4 weeks

the term "few" has no defined number.
    you have chosen to define it as "up to 4" but that is only your definition.
    Forum Member
    So what you are saying few weeks can be up to 50weeks chenks? ?
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stonerday wrote: »
    So what you are saying few weeks can be up to 50weeks chenks? ?

i'm saying few is undefined.
    it is anything more than 2 (which is defined as a couple).
    Forum Member
    So don't you think sky should come out and say something to us (the customers) chenks ??
  • Auntie ClimaxAuntie Climax Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would imagine most people are completely unaware of any updates coming. Why would Sky explain to customers about any of it? The only reason I know of this update is because I look on this site. I'll get it when I get it, Sky owe me no explanation or apology for anything regarding this update unless it breaks my box.