Options

Do i stand a chance if i audition this year?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I'm surprised another member hasn't posted in here yet ;)

I was aware of you when you auditioned in 2011? I thought you should have made it further personally, I think you could definitely do well, go for it!

Yeah i did:) know one asked so didnt see the point in explaining that haha fresh slate though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i did:) know one asked so didnt see the point in explaining that haha fresh slate though

Is it wise to audition again given your experience last time? Your mum seemed somewhat disgruntled by the way you were treated.
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had thought you should before and I still think so
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it wise to audition again given your experience last time? Your mum seemed somewhat disgruntled by the way you were treated.

disgrunted? lol she was very upset yes but she got over it...worth another try..i was inexperience then and in my opinion kind of shit haha hopefully ive improved:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    disgrunted? lol she was very upset yes but she got over it...worth another try..i was inexperience then and in my opinion kind of shit haha hopefully ive improved:)

Well, you've been through the process, so know what you're letting yourself in for. Good luck with it.
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I remember posts about you a few years back.

Definitely go for it, you're really good. (: Oh and I followed you on twitter so you should follow me back too before you get famous. xoxo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, you've been through the process, so know what you're letting yourself in for. Good luck with it.

Yeah iknow i am. Thanks mate
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw yeah definitely man, I heard all about you as I'm from nearby to you and I went to school with a few people who know you, your voice has definitely matured a lot in the last few years and I think you have a pretty good shot, I think the show has had a shortage of really great talent in the last few years so they would be foolish to reject someone like who who has a strong voice,

Good luck man!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Aw yeah definitely man, I heard all about you as I'm from nearby to you and I went to school with a few people who know you, your voice has definitely matured a lot in the last few years and I think you have a pretty good shot, I think the show has had a shortage of really great talent in the last few years so they would be foolish to reject someone like who who has a strong voice,

Good luck man!

thanks man! who do you know that knows me out of interest?ha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Oh and please could you follow me on Twitter before you become a superstar? I've followed you and my name is the same as on here. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Oh and please could you follow me on Twitter before you become a superstar? I've followed you and my name is the same as on here. :)

superstar? haha dont know about that! sure, i'll follow you !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    superstar? haha dont know about that! sure, i'll follow you !

• Options
    gazmatgazmat Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    Great stuff, Niall. I was expecting something kind of average but it was really exceptional. Way better than most of the stuff I've heard on the reality singing shows. You should definitely go for it again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gazmat wrote: »
    Great stuff, Niall. I was expecting something kind of average but it was really exceptional. Way better than most of the stuff I've heard on the reality singing shows. You should definitely go for it again.

Thanks very much:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jado wrote: »
    hey niall, I think you should definitely go for it! You're amazing!!! everyone follow @NiallSexton and @TeamSexton on twitter for all the latest news!

only seeing our comments now haha thanks alot for the feedback
  • Options
    jadojado Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that's ok, I definitely think you should audition again! I know not many people like him, but i'm a massive fan of Joe McElderry, and not many people know that he auditioned back in 2007. he got to bootcamp, but back then, he himself thought he was too young, I don't think he liked his image at the time, so he himself took himself out of the competition, started eating healthier, doing a lot more running and things, and then he went back and auditioned again in 2009. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    that's ok, I definitely think you should audition again! I know not many people like him, but i'm a massive fan of Joe McElderry, and not many people know that he auditioned back in 2007. he got to bootcamp, but back then, he himself thought he was too young, I don't think he liked his image at the time, so he himself took himself out of the competition, started eating healthier, doing a lot more running and things, and then he went back and auditioned again in 2009. :)

are u trying to say something? hahahaaa;)
  • Options
    Jaydan09Jaydan09 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    I auditioned in Cardiff this year but didn't get through the last producer round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjSaH5pgrq8

Great job though mate!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im auditioning tomorrow and have no idea what to sing...help..anyone lol
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    I would personally go with Gravity as you did that bloody brilliantly, I think you'd be really good at singing something like Falling Slowly by the Swell Season or A Drop In The Ocean by Ron Pope or Let Her Go by Passenger or even Landslide by Fleetwood Mac as they all kind of have that emotional level but have great bits to show off power and vocal range and stuff like that. Hope this helps you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    good choices and thanks:) but i was thinking maybe man in the mirror?
  • Options
    jadojado Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good luck niall, let us know how you get on! How many producer rounds are there? my friend chessie auditioned in birmingham this morning, she got through the first audition round and i think has gotta sing again tomorrow, she did an acapella version of crying for no reason. :)
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Make sure you stand out, using a song that a lot of people will have auditioned with (let's face it, I expect no more than 5 Let Her Go's, many Rather Be's and a good few Happys), do something that will make you stand out :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like Joe have met him he is ever so nice
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck Niall
    Jaydan you sounded very goodf