Options

Malaysian Airline 777 missing 239 feared dead

Comments

• Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see a recent 'newbie' has joined the team.

Bunga Mas Enam a Malaysian Military Ops vessel. Unfortunate name to be stuck with. Maybe Bunga means something quite pleasant in Malay lingo?
  • Options
    curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OOOOPS :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amazing that in 46 days (?) they haven't found a single piece of the plane or real hard evidence. With all the man power and techonlogy they have invested into this search. Quite shocking really.
    Part of me feels like we are literally no closer to finding the truth and never will!
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    I see a recent 'newbie' has joined the team.

Bunga Mas Enam a Malaysian Military Ops vessel. Unfortunate name to be stuck with. Maybe Bunga means something quite pleasant in Malay lingo?

It seems as though Bunga Mas Enam means "Six golden flowers"! :)

It's there to give logistics assistance.

http://www.ntv7.com.my/7edition/local-en/LOCAL_EN_1_1397635826.html
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruled out, by the sound of it.

"Analysis of the photos is enough not to warrant further analysis of the material," Australian Transport Safety Bureau Chief Commissioner Martin Dolan said.

It was found near Augusta, about 300 kilometers (186 miles) south of Perth.

* EDIT * CNN now criticising the authorities for being "too transparent" by mentioning a piece of something had been found and was being investigated! :o:D
    re CNN...means they have something to hide. ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CNN back with object of(non)interest. Malaysian ATC now speaking....important search continues...( well said lad, as it has to) :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amazing that in 46 days (?) they haven't found a single piece of the plane or real hard evidence. With all the man power and techonlogy they have invested into this search. Quite shocking really.
    Part of me feels like we are literally no closer to finding the truth and never will!
    Don't give up, as it will be found:)
  • Options
    NirvanaGirlNirvanaGirl Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D'@ve, Cough or BG...where's plucky little echo gone? :o

I'm on iPad so marinetraffic is a bit glitchy...I've been following Toowoomba's vessel trail for the last week (don't know how to get rid of it since I have no 'right click' :D) & I can't see our Echo anywhere
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member

I'm on iPad so marinetraffic is a bit glitchy...I've been following Toowoomba's vessel trail for the last week (don't know how to get rid of it since I have no 'right click' :D) & I can't see our Echo anywhere

Halfway to Perth!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Halfway to Perth!
    Thank you for saying as I couldn't find it last night, and searched all over the Ocean to Perth. Did see that Ocean Shield had moved out of the search zone.

Well am off until next time:) -waves to all_ :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems as though Bunga Mas Enam means "Six golden flowers"! :)

It's there to give logistics assistance.

http://www.ntv7.com.my/7edition/local-en/LOCAL_EN_1_1397635826.html
    Yes........strange though, i couldn't get your link open. Unknown 'powers' are at work. :cool:

Two more here;

https://my.news.yahoo.com/video/bunga-mas-enam-logistics-assistance-123000184.html

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-color-red-mh370-tragedy-font-bunga-mas-enam-sails-off-to-help-sar-1.569519
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Halfway to Perth!

Hmmm ... marinetraffic seems to have lost interest in our plucky little friend! The last update I have of her position was the wee small hours of Wednesday morning! I reckon she should be heading into Garden Island late Thursday night or early Friday morning, and the updates tend to come thick and fast whenever a ship nears port.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Halfway to Perth!
    485 miles away.....2 days and 3hrs sailing time at a rather mysterious 9.6 knots. :confused:

I think the lads need to get the oars out. :cool:
  • Options
    SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    This is the list of the 26 questions that the families have listed on Weibo. They don't seem to have asked anything about the cargo manifest, which is strange considering there was supposed to be 4 tons of mangosteens, even though they aren't due to be harvested until next month.

The key of questions from family members (2014-04-16 17:44:40)转载▼
    Emergency locator transmitter
    As far as we know, MH370 has one fixed ELT and two portable ELT. All ElT has passed the latest maintains check (Malaysia airlines has promised to ask when they did the last check and what has been checked)
    1. How many ELT are there on the plane? Including fixed and portable. We have heard two versions. We would like to insure how many?
    2. Did Malaysia Airline have regular maintains check for ELT? When was latest check for MH370 ‘s ELT? What is the maintainous interval? And we need to see results of maintainous check. If not possible to see the result during the investigation. We would like to know what has been checked.
    3. How your 406 MHz is certified. Your licences?
    4. Is it possible to break the ELT at high impact? Where is the 406 MHz ELT exactly located on MH370? (tail of the flight or on the celling of business class)
    5. Is the ELT protected in the compartment within the fuselage? Surrounding by metal? will the signal be weaken if the metal shield_
    6. Is the cable and blade antenna 9G certified? How much impact is need to active ELT? Does the ELT active in Asiana accident and France Air 447?
    7. Are 121.5 MHz 243 MHz useless when aircraft crash in water?
    8. The manufacturer of the ELT, the signal of 406MHz supposed to be detected by satellite.
    9. Is the 406 MHz is a separate service beside the 121.5 and 243 MHz?
    10.If the crew has been trained on how to use ELT?
    11. Can ELT unlock and bounce to the surface of water?
    12.When plane is trying to land on the sea, can ELT can be activated?
    Black box
    1. The serials number of the black box on MH370. Manufacturer?
    2. What kind of characteristic signal does MH370’s black box pinger send? Is it a pulse, with a peak at 37.5 kHz? The width, the shape of the pulse?
    3. What is the sample that Boeing has sent to Australia to compare with the detected pinger? Was it from a normal black box signal or the specific black box on boeing 777, or even the exact black box mount on MH370?
    4. How many items can the Flight Data Recorder provide? 25, 57 or 88?
    5. How long time can the Cockpit Voice Recorder provide? When did Malaysia Airline start to prolong 2 hours record?
    6. Can the detected frequency 33.3kHz can illustrate the coverage environment of the black box? Can the location of the black box also te illustrated?
    7.Can the investigation team make an experiment on checking the 33.3kHz is caused by the weaken battery? And how long can 33.3 kHz can be detected under the weaken power situation?
    Protocol
    1. What protocol does ICAO do when flight missing. What did Malaysia Airline do when MH370 missing. What organization are Malaysia in.
    2. We want MH370’s logbook
    3. We need Malaysia Civil Aviation Control MH370 Voice Record.
    4. Inmarsat in Malaysia , NTSB ,Chief engineer Zaharie personal contact phone number. Directly contact information.
    5.Have the searching and rescue team got final result from the searched areas? Are they ensure any impossibility on thosed closed area, if not why close all the other areas?
    6. Can Malaysia Government specify the right of kins, especially the right to know the facts of a cases or the details of an incident?
    7.We require the ATC audio.
    The Committee of MH370 family
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    485 miles away.....2 days and 3hrs sailing time at a rather mysterious 9.6 knots. :confused:

I think the lads need to get the oars out. :cool:

It seems as though everyone's marinetraffic runs differently! What time was the last update for you?
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    There is something way off about this plane.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems as though everyone's marinetraffic runs differently! What time was the last update for you?
    Just done a page refresh and shows the same. However i also notice it's saying the last signal received from Echo is 19 hours ago!! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soomacdoo wrote: »
    This is the list of the 26 questions that the families have listed on Weibo. They don't seem to have asked anything about the cargo manifest, which is strange considering there was supposed to be 4 tons of mangosteens, even though they aren't due to be harvested until next month.

I'm pretty sure the international Cospas-Sarsat satellite system stopped processing signals from the 121.5-MHz frequency in 2009, and even when they had full satellite processing available, the coverage wasn't global.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soomacdoo wrote: »

The key of questions from family members (2014-04-16 17:44:40)转载▼
    Emergency locator transmitter
    As far as we know, MH370 has one fixed ELT and two portable ELT. All ElT has passed the latest maintains check (Malaysia airlines has promised to ask when they did the last check and what has been checked)
    1. How many ELT are there on the plane? Including fixed and portable. We have heard two versions. We would like to insure how many?
    2. Did Malaysia Airline have regular maintains check for ELT? When was latest check for MH370 ‘s ELT? What is the maintainous interval? And we need to see results of maintainous check. If not possible to see the result during the investigation. We would like to know what has been checked.
    3. How your 406 MHz is certified. Your licences?
    4. Is it possible to break the ELT at high impact? Where is the 406 MHz ELT exactly located on MH370? (tail of the flight or on the celling of business class)
    5. Is the ELT protected in the compartment within the fuselage? Surrounding by metal? will the signal be weaken if the metal shield_
    6. Is the cable and blade antenna 9G certified? How much impact is need to active ELT? Does the ELT active in Asiana accident and France Air 447?
    8. The manufacturer of the ELT, the signal of 406MHz supposed to be detected by satellite.
    9. Is the 406 MHz is a separate service beside the 121.5 and 243 MHz?
    10.If the crew has been trained on how to use ELT?
    11. Can ELT unlock and bounce to the surface of water?
    12.When plane is trying to land on the sea, can ELT can be activated?
    Black box
    1. The serials number of the black box on MH370. Manufacturer?
    2. What kind of characteristic signal does MH370’s black box pinger send? Is it a pulse, with a peak at 37.5 kHz? The width, the shape of the pulse?
    3. What is the sample that Boeing has sent to Australia to compare with the detected pinger? Was it from a normal black box signal or the specific black box on boeing 777, or even the exact black box mount on MH370?
    4. How many items can the Flight Data Recorder provide? 25, 57 or 88?
    5. How long time can the Cockpit Voice Recorder provide? When did Malaysia Airline start to prolong 2 hours record?
    6. Can the detected frequency 33.3kHz can illustrate the coverage environment of the black box? Can the location of the black box also te illustrated?
    7.Can the investigation team make an experiment on checking the 33.3kHz is caused by the weaken battery? And how long can 33.3 kHz can be detected under the weaken power situation?
    Protocol
    1. What protocol does ICAO do when flight missing. What did Malaysia Airline do when MH370 missing. What organization are Malaysia in.
    2. We want MH370’s logbook
    3. We need Malaysia Civil Aviation Control MH370 Voice Record.
    4. Inmarsat in Malaysia , NTSB ,Chief engineer Zaharie personal contact phone number. Directly contact information.
    5.Have the searching and rescue team got final result from the searched areas? Are they ensure any impossibility on thosed closed area, if not why close all the other areas?
    6. Can Malaysia Government specify the right of kins, especially the right to know the facts of a cases or the details of an incident?
    7.We require the ATC audio.
    The Committee of MH370 family
    They don't want much do they?

I'm surprised they don't want to know what was on the flight menu or which in-flight movie was being shown. :confused:
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    Update, and official confirmation that the Augusta debris has been ruled out. http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/april/mr036.aspx
    Bluefin-21 AUV is currently completing mission 12 in the underwater search area. Bluefin-21 has now completed more than 90 per cent of the focused underwater search area. No contacts of interest have been found to date.

The focused underwater search area is defined as a circle of 10km radius around the second Towed Pinger Locator detection which occurred on 8 April.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) has advised that after examining detailed photographs of material washed ashore 10 kilometres east of Augusta, it is satisfied it is not a lead in relation to the search for missing flight MH370.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update, and official confirmation that the Augusta debris has been ruled out. http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/april/mr036.aspx
    That new search area is approaching pretty near the Diamantina Deep. If it's down there they will need a lot more than Bluefin! It's 8000mtrs deep so well out of the range of even Tireless which has a maximum dive depth of just 600mtrs.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree. Not to find anything is all rather strange.
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    I agree. Not to find anything is all rather strange.

No it really isn't.
    The ocean is so huge that unless they knew where it went down then finding any wreckage would be a lottery.
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    There is something way off about this plane.

Really? :o
    (See mods. THIS sort of thing is exactly what the rolleyes smiley was for! ;) )
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it really isn't.
    The ocean is so huge that unless they knew where it went down then finding any wreckage would be a lottery.

Well yes, I know its a large area but still find it hard to understand that nothing has been found.
This discussion has been closed.