Options

Two GMTV presenters face the axe

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1241239/Cost-cutting-ITV-Two-GMTV-star-presenters-face-axe.html

' But insiders believe Shephard will survive as he is a 'massive face on the channel'.'

Can't argue with that, his whole head is outgrowing his body daily.:D

Comments

• Options
    OlgaChristieOlgaChristie Posts: 15,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...........let`s hope it`s the irritatingly posh Garraway woman with her equally irritating laugh and she can take Penny Smith with her :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would love if they got rid of that Emma clown, there is no charisma from her at all, every bit as dippy as Fiona:mad:
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it might be Penny, she can't hide the bags anymore after a night on the booze.
  • Options
    glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Just the two?

Axe the lot of them. Every one of the smug gits.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    get rid of Shepherd, cant stand him and Garraway cant bear seeing her neck that early in the morning shes hideous
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very amusing thread...

I bet Garraway and Smith both stink of ****, too. Also - how much botox has Penny had?! She'll turn into a babbling Sherrie Hewson if she's not careful.

I read a comment about Emma Crosby (in one of the newspapers I think) - slick but dull. Ben Shephard just irritates me, and I think him and Crosby can often be rather effusive towards guests.

Don't like Andrew Castle. Smug.
    Same goes for Dr Hilary.

I never liked Fiona, Eamonn, or Anthea either.

The only ones I like on the whole programme are Carlos (:D), Claire Naisr, and Lorraine. Anyone know what's happening with Lorraine's show?
  • Options
    Midnight RunnerMidnight Runner Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to get of rid of Richard bl**ding Arnold first and foremost, if they take any notice of feedback here and on other boards they'll realise how hated he is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Get rid of smug Ben Shepherd and Kate Garraway. Promote Andrew Castle and Emma Crosby to Mon-Thur and have Penny Smith do Fridays (as well as the early part).

Then I might start to tune in again.
  • Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as Carlos is safe....:D . I really hope Andrew Castle is at the top of the GMTV scrappage list. Smug git. Not keen on the midget Shepherd either. I dont mind Penny or Kate so much....not that Id be heartbroken if they were chopped mind ;) .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to get of rid of Richard bl**ding Arnold first and foremost, if they take any notice of feedback here and on other boards they'll realise how hated he is.

I forgot him, he is exceedingly annoying and gushy.

I think they should all be exiled to Watch.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame they can't get rid of the annoying Emma Crosby.

With her constant interruptions, innane false laughter (which she employs at the most innapropriate moments), the way she talks over the other presenters, and her incredibly twee persona, she is a complete dud.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I would have thought that Lorraine will be safe - in that she has fronted her show consistently and professionally for years, without dropping the clangers that La Garraway has managed.

Kate has looked as if she is just marking time recently, maybe she knows the writing is on the wall for her. She certainly doesn't seem to be fighting to stay by upping her game.

Andrew Castle is a truly awful, creepy presenter who I'd be happy to see the back of.

Interesting that Jenni Falconer has been doing the Telly Review slot - is this a tryout for her in this position? If so, she has blown it - showing no more knowledge or preparation in this role than she ever has shown on the unlamented Entertainment Today strand. She should go.

Richard Arnold is another talentless goon who has long outstayed its welcome.

I'd be happy if the watchable Carlos Romana got more couch duties.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Carlos should come out from the cupboard and be the main presenter. Who's with me?!
  • Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carlos for the Couch!! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Pleeeease let it be Lorraine Kelly. It's time GMTV evolved!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Carlos and Lorraine? I'd be happy with that.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I have read it looks like it is going to one male presenter and one female presenter that is going.

I hope it is Andrew Castle and Kate Garraway. Andrew and Kate seem to be so up themselves and smug. I hope them to get axed.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to see Kate or Andrew go, Emma and Ben yep, they can go!!
  • Options
    c0boc0bo Posts: 6,468
    Forum Member
    I would want Ben Shepherd and Kate Garraway to leave.
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep Andrew, I need some morning eye candy!

Get rid of anyone else
  • Options
    peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma and Andrew have to stay, they work really well together...imo
  • Options
    lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Penny and Andrew. They will go for another pretty girl at Sky methinks.
    Maybe Declan Donnely's new girlfriend Georgie would be a good choice.
  • Options
    littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last female in first out, so that would be Ms Crosby then. I hope they leave our precious Carla alone, wherever she is.
  • Options
    GabriellaGabriella Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the presenters wouldn't be missed. GMTV is dire.
  • Options
    Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eugh Ben Shephard should be sacked, he's a right irritating and smug tosser. Really can't stand him. :mad:

WTF at John Stapleton being paid £220,000...don't like him either so they can get rid of him and all.