What does your pet do when they hear fireworks?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My neighbour has just left she is devestated her collie had a heart attack and died when she was walking this afternoon and some nasty idiot let a firework off at the end of the road.

Broad day light ---- WHY !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear this, how horrible.
  • dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patch (6 year old Jack russell) just tries to kill them all by barking constantly.

We've had to put his muzzle on him this evening, because its the only thing that subdues him.

I'll be glad when the fireworks have stopped :(
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow70 wrote: »
    My cats are asleep on the bed too. Next door's dog is going ballistic.

Poor animals that get scared, they must be wondering what is happening.

Things are a bit quiter now..but I know of 2 parties tomorrow night....:(
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cat doesn't usually sit on my lap but he's been up on it all night.

Think he's petrified and just wants to know he's safe:(

I wonder how pets coped during the war?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this week as soon as its got dark my labrador has just gone and laid on his bed and shook constantly untill they stop going off.. He's settled now as theyt have stopped. It will take him a few weeks to get back to normal and not associate the dark with fireworks but then we will have the christmas/newyear to deal with x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pasodaisy wrote: »
    My neighbour has just left she is devestated her collie had a heart attack and died when she was walking this afternoon and some nasty idiot let a firework off at the end of the road.

I'm so sorry to hear this, how horrible.

Your poor neighbour. Please pass my cuddles on to her. I just wish her old boy or girl had a more easy way out than the awful noise
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »

So Horrible thats how one of my old friends lost her Springer spaniel but it was at night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »

That poor lady. She is in my thoughts.

My puss cat was curled up under a blanket trembling last night. Not fair.
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had to go out yesterday but we were concerned about leaving Simba as he's only 4 and half months.

We were out maximum 6 hrs, we were home by 8.30pm, he seemed fine, thank God! I was panicking so much for him.

I wish we could take him out with us when we go out, I always feel guilty when we leave him behind.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cat sh*t on the carpet today as he's been too scared to go out the last few days!
  • Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moonbean wrote: »
    My poor collie is hiding behind the sofa. Our old collie used to hide in the bath of all places! The rest of the year you couldn't get her near the bathroom, but as soon as those bangs started it became her bunker!

Our one year old afghan Agnes did exactly that last night. This is a raised bath in their room, good job she is a good jumper.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another night of Fireworks and a frightened dog, fingers crossed that's it until New Year.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The gerbils don't care and neither did the dog when he was alive. Can't tell with the pleco, seeing as it pretends to be dead all the time anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing they just carry on sleeping.
  • MwarpieMwarpie Posts: 559,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cats don't mind them but the cockatoo hates them, I wonder how the birds and wild animals get
    on poor things,the trouble is it's not just on november 5th.these days, it's any excuse to let them off very often after midnight, no thought for anything or anyone, about time they were banned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    My 2 dogs don't mind the fireworks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    My cats don't react to fireworks at all.

My dog on the other hand, if we let her out and some fireworks go off she loves watching them and will get excited and chase them!
  • LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time fireworks go off around here my Cat looks at me in disgust as if to say "For goodness sake will YOU stop that noise"
    She is a bit of a diva mind!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our dogs must have been wierd. As soon as they heard fireworks, rather than cower they would do the complete opposite, they would demand to be let outside and then bark their heads off. They tried to find the source of the bangs, rather than hide from them.