Does anyone else think a 2 hour show is a bit of a killer?

MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Don't get me wrong, I love Strictly, but 2 hours? I could barely remember the dances at the start by the time we reached the end, and I felt so tired it was as if I had been dancing too!

Maybe they could keep it split over two nights, so people like me (yes, I realise I sound like an old woman!) could enjoy all the dances instead of feeling a bit tired with a numb bum by the last few!

Just a thought.

Comments

• ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Stating the obvious perhaps but you could record it and watch at your leisure and convenience. [highlight]●[/highlight]
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all - 2 hours isn't enough ! Always sad when it's finished for the night ( and ITT also ). Been watching Strictly for years so you know that at the start it's going to be a long show to fit them all in. I personally wouldn't want it split over two nights.
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arcana, I suppose I could split it over 2 nights, but then I wouldn't be able to vote?
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Moonbean wrote: »
    Arcana, I suppose I could split it over 2 nights, but then I wouldn't be able to vote?

My idea is a moneysaver too! ✔
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't think of it that way. :D
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I would prefer two hours than a split show. I do find a 6.30pm start a bit early though, but that's just a personal thing.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like a long show because I'm very busy on Saturday mornings/afternoons and I love a nice long Strictly show to relax with in the evening. I can see why people would find it trying but it's necessary while there are this many couples in the competition as the most even playing field possible.
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I did sky+ the show last night and watched it minus the drivel in between dances, when some of the duffers have gone and when I choose to vote I will have to watch the show proper....
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's not too long at all. I enjoyed all of it last night. If people don't want to watch it for 2 hours they can either record it and watch it in two halves or watch it on iPlayer. Splitting it over two nights would be awful.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Not at all - 2 hours isn't enough ! Always sad when it's finished for the night ( and ITT also ). Been watching Strictly for years so you know that at the start it's going to be a long show to fit them all in. I personally wouldn't want it split over two nights.
    It didn't feel like 2 hours....and I don't mean it felt more, time flew by.
  • cranford fancranford fan Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two hours is long but I didn't find last night as long and drawn out as some of the early weeks in previous series. The worst was the year they put the results at the end of the main show. I seem to remember the first show where there was an elimination going on for about two and a half hours, and there was hardly any time to vote.
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, the two hours flew by and I'd have been just as happy to watch more. :o

Brucie's drivel is as useful as an ad break to nip to the kitchen to put the kettle on, as is Tess's drivel before the scores are announced to nip to the loo.

I'm glad it's not spread over two nights - my social life takes a bit of a knock during a Strictly run as it is and thank goodness for the spoiler thread, or my Sunday nights would be a dead loss, too.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seemed to fly by to me.
  • beaky29beaky29 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    I have a cunning plan!
    Start to record it for say 20 mins or so, then start the show and fast forward all the waffles bits!
    Works great!!!
    I do this with anything I watch on ITV so I don't have to watch the adverts!
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be on all night for me. I switch the TV on as it starts and switch it off when it finishes.:eek:
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starpuss wrote: »
    It could be on all night for me. I switch the TV on as it starts and switch it off when it finishes.:eek:

I'm with you.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It didn't feel too long for me - the show will soon get a bit shorter with couples leaving.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I'm with you OP. Nothing this good can go for more than three minutes. That's what I tell the wife and I'm sticking to it.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all - 2 hours isn't enough !

Exactly!!!!!!!
    :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I love it being a loooong show :D I agree with the timing though, I wish it started 7pm or after, I have actual dancing finishing at 7 :p and I always have to record it so are behind, or the sky+ box keeps packing up, as it did this saturday and I missed up to Richard Arnold (I saw his scores...) hahah. I do understand how they minimise the X Factor competition though... Also, Its finished by 8/9, and there's not a lot else on :D
  • Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't feel like two hours to me either. I was having so much fun watching it!! I love Strictly... Every bit of it. Including Brucie!! Yes- I adore him. The only thing I'm not so struck on is having to wait until near the end to see darling Anton. Although saying that, if he was on first I'd be all flustered for the rest of the show.... :-S
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a bit too long because by the time we got to Lisa and Robin I couldn't remember the first 2 dances at all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    I don't mind the 2 hour show as I know I have Merlin to look forward to straight after.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moonbean wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I love Strictly, but 2 hours? I could barely remember the dances at the start by the time we reached the end, and I felt so tired it was as if I had been dancing too!

Maybe they could keep it split over two nights, so people like me (yes, I realise I sound like an old woman!) could enjoy all the dances instead of feeling a bit tired with a numb bum by the last few!

Just a thought.

I sky plus it, and watch it a bit later, so I only watch the bits I want to watch, much better that way, for me. :)
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think a 2 hour Strictly show is long then you should have some pity for the people who watch the X-Factor's marathon shows. At least you don't have adverts every 5 minutes, fake arguments between judges, sob stories galore, karaoke standard singing and an audience that screams whenever anything male with a pulse emerges

I say push it back to 7.30PM and take ITV on. I have no doubt that Strictly would win