Options

I think Louis might just do it

Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
Forum Member
✭✭
I think Louis has got this one. My reasoning...

I think Denise was the best all rounder tonight, but it's clear she hasn't had as much public support as some of the others.

Dani made too many errors, more so in her showdance

Kimberlys show dance for me was a mess. It lacked control and precision. Her first dance being a sedate waltz might get forgotten when compared to the others.

Louis gave two good and crowd pleasing performances, it's also clear he has public support. So unless Denise gets a bigger following due to her dances, I think Louis might have this one.

Despite me still having reservations about her being on the show, I think based on dances tonight, Denise should win.

Comments

• Options
    JambobJambob Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was always between Kimberley and Louis. Louis is edging it so far but it's going to be a close one.

I agree that Denise deserves to win based on tonight's dances but there's been so much negativity towards her throughout the series I can't see it happening.
  • Options
    katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bookies think he has it in the bag. The best odds you can get on him at the moment are 2/9.

Compared with:
    Kimberley: 5/1
    Denise: 18/1
    Dani: 151/1
  • Options
    sanfran1sanfran1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    I hope you're right - I think Louis and Flavia deserve it.

IMO it's more difficult for the male partner to lead the dance and support and present his partner.
    So I think Louis has a harder task than any of the other finalists.
    I loved their showdance too - it left me wanting more which must be a good sign.
  • Options
    Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he did it for me earlier!

Quite a mess! :o
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    I think Louis has got this one. My reasoning...

I think Denise was the best all rounder tonight, but it's clear she hasn't had as much public support as some of the others.

Dani made too many errors, more so in her showdance

Kimberlys show dance for me was a mess. It lacked control and precision. Her first dance being a sedate waltz might get forgotten when compared to the others.

Louis gave two good and crowd pleasing performances, it's also clear he has public support. So unless Denise gets a bigger following due to her dances, I think Louis might have this one.

Despite me still having reservations about her being on the show, I think based on dances tonight, Denise should win.

agree
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Usually I'm all for who I think is the best dancer but though I've nothing against Denise her dancing is a little too slick without any soul even her smile looks practised. I much prefer watching Kimberley dance. I thought Louis and Flavia's dances tonight were fantastic and much preferred their showdance to D+J
  • Options
    grittygritty Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sanfran1 wrote: »

IMO it's more difficult for the male partner to lead the dance and support and present his partner.
    I loved their showdance too - it left me wanting more which must be a good sign.

They looked SO HAPPY - they've won already for me !!
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want Louis and Flavia to win, fingers crossed they will :) .
  • Options
    DoubleOrchidDoubleOrchid Posts: 83
    Forum Member

Agree with this, I have already watched his showdance more than once, but none of the others made me think "I want to see that again....."
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I totally agree :).
  • Options
    Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't personally agree with that. Dancing, in the most general sense, is all about the woman, if she is bad, it shows. I think male dancers can hide a little. But it's swings and roundabouts really, a man has to be a rock for his female dancer and both work just as hard. I'm not undermining the role of the male at all! I'm also making generalisations, but yeah, it's mainly women who do all the flashy and attention grabbing stuff, and all eyes are on her.

That said, I've not thought much of Louis this whole series, found his dancing stiff and his performances dull. But tonight he did stand out for me.
  • Options
    BruciesToupeBruciesToupe Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved his show dance. So different from many we have seen before - it ranks up there second to Tom and camillas for me.

Clever move from Flavia. It was beautiful and executed brilliantly. Cmon Louis - you can do it :-)
  • Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted for Louis but I only made my mind up after the showdances!

It was almost as iconic as Tom & Camilla.
  • Options
    DancingQueen74DancingQueen74 Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I certainly hope he does do it! He was amazing tonight, and I think he's had perhaps the biggest 'journey' on this show out of the four. He's really come out of his shell and Flavia has worked so hard to bring the best out of him. I'd be delighted for both of them if he won! Bring on the Charleston! I missed it first time round!
    In my house he's the one we were rooting for and thrilled by this eve!
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not only will he win, he will win fairly. I can't find fault with any of the dancers, being the amateurs they are, but Louis (and Flavia ofcourse) brought something original to the table as well as showing he is as much an all rounder as any of the girls.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might just do it? Might?

He won the series weeks ago. He didn't even have to turn up tonight and he still would've won.
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    WOW, Louis and Flavia have been truly incredible tonight! I am VERY happy with how things are shaping up so far :D Good luck to them for the next show.
  • Options
    DancingQueen74DancingQueen74 Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ps...MIGHT??!!
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as I heard what the dances and music were for Louis, I thought he had it in the bag. After that show dance, it's a foregone conclusion.
  • Options
    nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be surprised if anyone other than Louis wins it and that's even after what was for me a very average Salsa. But then I think a Louis win has been very much on the cards since week 1.
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Not only will he win, he will win fairly. I can't find fault with any of the dancers, being the amateurs they are, but Louis (and Flavia ofcourse) brought something original to the table as well as showing he is as much an all rounder as any of the girls.

This is a nice post and I agree with you... He might not appeal to everyone but he has been amazing tonight :)
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Order wrote: »
    Might just do it? Might?

He won the series weeks ago. He didn't even have to turn up tonight and he still would've won.

True, I think he may well do it. Or Denise.

Dani to go out now.
    Kimberley hopefully then. Always olvermarked, nice lass though she is.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shhhh, you'll jinx it. :eek::p

I don't really mind if he wins or not this time, he's had the most amazing night and I'm so happy that he did the final justice. Nothing is bringing me down off my cloud 9. ;)
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope so:)

They are all good but I like him best of all the four contestants in the final. He and Flavia make such a good team. It is not easy for a man to be in the final competing against ladies that are being led in their dances. He has learned to dance from being a non-dancer, he has learned to lead his partner, and he has learned to really enjoy himself.

Louis and Flavia will be the winners for me irrespective of the result.:)
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    I really hope so:)

They are all good but I like him best of all the four contestants in the final. He and Flavia make such a good team. It is not easy for a man to be in the final competing against ladies that are being led in their dances. He has learned to dance from being a non-dancer, he has learned to lead his partner, and he has learned to really enjoy himself.

Louis and Flavia will be the winners for me irrespective of the result.:)

Exactly:)