Man United Supporters Thread (Part 36)

Comments

• f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think my local Blue Square North team who are challenging for something like their 3rd promotion in 6 years have a bigger net spend than Arsenal.

That tells you all you need to know about Arsenal's ambitions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Wonder if that will stop any players from doing their random spitting, if it might be deemed to be in the direction of another player?!

It's a disgusting habit and unfortunate that the camera always seem to be on a player when they spit (Rooney does it a lot) but I don't think that player was aiming AT the Spurs player, he just did it probably from habit after he walked off.

And a WBA sub has just run on the pitch and the first thing he did when the camera was on him - was spit!
    He's just run on the pitch!

When I'm running and HAVE to spit, I will always turn and do it behind me. Anything but that is intent to me.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    When I'm running and HAVE to spit, I will always turn and do it behind me. Anything but that is intent to me.

I don't think he spat AT him he probably just spat from habit.
    Considering how much spitting players do (always in front of them) I'm amazed the ref sent him off for that.
    And compared to some disgusting globs that have been spat out when the camera is on the player, that one today was nothing.
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Gareth Bale, brilliant again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still remaining cold on Bale. Thawing slightly, but not so much.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Bale would be fantastic in a United shirt but his price tag would be horrific.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Bale would be fantastic in a United shirt but his price tag would be horrific.

Someone on BBC comments already saying £60m.

Horrendous valuation.
    Forum Member
    Someone on BBC comments already saying £60m.

Horrendous valuation.

Not a hope!

£40m wouldn't shock me though.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bale Fellani and Zaha woop woop add that to our current midfield :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Not a hope!

£40m wouldn't shock me though.

If he was to prove to me for the rest of the season that he's got the consistency, then I wouldn't say no to offering £35-40m
    Forum Member
    If he was to prove to me for the rest of the season that he's got the consistency

I don't think there's much risk of that not happening again, he's been largely on form for a few seasons now. Obviously everyone has off-games, except maybe Messi and Ronaldo, but he would definately be a great addition to Manchester United in my opinion, Fellaini as well.

It's depressing comparing Bale to the likes of Nani, Manchester United need better quality than Nani, and this season's Valencia bring, to have ambitions of champions league domination, the likes of additions such as Bale is a must in my opinion.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Bale is one of the very few people I'd happily have us spend big on. I'm now at a point where I'm almost pleading for it to happen. 35-40 million would be well worth it, would be an unbelievable addition to the side.
    Forum Member
    Tottenham goalscorer Gareth Bale: "In the future I hope there is a role in the middle for me even though I still enjoy it out wide on the left"

Can we accommodate him in the middle, then? :D
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    Tottenham goalscorer Gareth Bale: "In the future I hope there is a role in the middle for me even though I still enjoy it out wide on the left"

Can we accommodate him in the middle, then? :D

No... We can't accommodate the ones we have. As a winger though I'd love him but I think he is one of those pipe dreams
    Forum Member
    I would expect Bale to be a Ronaldo type as he develops. An all rounder, coming in from the wing.

We have a good record with paying top money for long-term players but Spurs tend to get top money for their players and the bigger they get as a potential top 4 team the less they would ever want to strengthen us. Cant really blame them for that i suppose.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In all due respect to Tottenham Nostrikers, Bale is becoming a big fish in a small pond. I would happily see the departure of Young and Nani to part fund a Bale transfer.
    Forum Member
    In all due respect to Tottenham Nostrikers, Bale is becoming a big fish in a small pond. I would happily see the departure of Young and Nani to part fund a Bale transfer.

Definitely. Hes the type of player who would cost big money but would be a first XI position sorted for 7+ years, like Rio, Rooney and Carrick.
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    I was about to say that Liverpool were playing well...

7 points it is.
    Forum Member
    Brilliant goal.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lmfao @ Dzeko getting up after the goal. What a donkey!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zieler wrote: »
    I was about to say that Liverpool were playing well...

7 points it is.

Lol that was quick to write them of :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we're all finally warming to Bale then? Always get the impression on here that you think he's overrated. I understand the frustration with the price tag, but occassionally we have to spend big, he would be the player to bring in for our aging midfield.

He is class no doubt about it.

ETA - ooh, 1-1, sturridge is a good signing for liverpool
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Lol that was quick to write them of :p

BBC changed the table before the ball was retrieved from the net!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think recent weeks and results have shown that a match ain't over till its over :)
    Forum Member
    dmuk wrote: »
    So we're all finally warming to Bale then? Always get the impression on here that you think he's overrated. I understand the frustration with the price tag, but occassionally we have to spend big, he would be the player to bring in for our aging midfield.

He is class no doubt about it.

ETA - ooh, 1-1

Always rated him, just feel he would probably be overpriced. Having said that i dont mind paying over the odds a bit for the right player.
This discussion has been closed.