Comments

• nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm used to seeing Vicky McClure with short blonde hair dressed as a mod
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom deleting 7 Danny messages from his mobile. Maybe its setting up the story, but the "clues" are being shouted at the screen. Now the paper woman knicking a cuddly toy from the scene.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like this bit, showing us all the people we're going to be suspecting over the coming episodes. Neat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd give that a 9/10. Pretty damn good. Acting, script, direction.
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    I like this bit, showing us all the people we're going to be suspecting over the coming episodes. Neat.

I enjoyed that and loved the setting up
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was alright. Hadn't planned on watching it, but I caught it from about 5 minutes in and it kept me engaged. I might stick with it.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed that. I have no idea who killed him but I'm guessing the dad. We haven't even met some of the characters so there's lots more twists and turns to come, I'm sure!
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very good. No doubt people will be on here soon to tell us that it was crap simply because its on ITV though.
  • xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superb drama. The final scene viewing all the suspects was excellent.
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    I thought it was really good and will definitely be tuning in next week. I'm not sure how they'll make it last eight episodes, though.
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Really good first episode.

For me the pacing is fine. I prefer long form dramas rather than your procedural 2-parters.
  • paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does DT ever make a bad programme?
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good despite a few bits of dramatic licence here and there.

Can't believe that was Lol from This Is England.

I think the Dad was having an affair with the woman running the hotel.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Very good. No doubt people will be on here soon to tell us that it was crap simply because its on ITV though.

Yes, because only ITV drama gets a hard time on here ;). Planning on watching this later so I'm glad people enjoyed it, looking forward to it.
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've sky+d it - it sounds much better than Mayday. Have you abandoned that?
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit slow for me. and not sure I'm going to commit to 8 episodes. Loving West Bay though one of my favourite places.

I found it slow too. 8 episodes? If I watch it again I hope I'll enjoy it better than I did tonight?
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it.

Only tuned in out of curiosity but it quietly drew me in :cool:

Interesting mix of characters - decently filmed & written.
    I'll be back for the next episode.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was really good. Not too slow at all - they are setting the scene and starting to introduce the different characters.

I thought the acting was very good throughout.

I think series like The Wire and The Killing have shown that good police/crime drama does not have to wrap up a case in 60-120 minutes to be worthwhile.

In don't think this is meant to be a 'let's find the killer as fast as we can' type drama - I think it probably is more along the lines of The Killing looking at the profound effect of the crime on the family and community along the way to finding out what happened - so hopefully a much more rewarding watch than a 1 or 2 episode who-done-it in the long-run.
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. Spotting the Doctor Who acting connections was fun - I counted three who've appeared with 11 and now they're all in a programme with 10!
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The mind boggles at what kind of fast-pace some people think these type of dramas should move at?
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank God I recorded it. I persevered with Mayday on BBC1. But, oh, it is woefully bad...
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluray wrote: »
    Very good despite a few bits of dramatic licence here and there.

Can't believe that was Lol from This Is England.

I think the Dad was having an affair with the woman running the hotel.

That's what I think as well.
  • Susie-RSusie-R Posts: 1,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think it was too slow, I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the story to unfold
  • elven62elven62 Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    8 maybe 9 out of 10 from me. Quality work from Olivia Coleman and DT. Lots of back story and/or possible motives for everyone lining up nicely. Defo one to follow. Looking forward to seeing more of Arthur Darvill too!

I missed Mayday last night was thinking of iPlayer-ing but I glean from comments on here it didn't go down as well as Broadchurch so may not bother?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    I've sky+d it - it sounds much better than Mayday. Have you abandoned that?

Recorded it. Had a quick skip through the Mayday thread - looks like it got a rough ride!
This discussion has been closed.