HIGNFY series 45 - starts Fri 5th April 21.00

ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,255
Forum Member
✭✭
New series starts tomorrow night! Stephen Mangan is hosting - Richard Osman is one of the panellists.

Brian Blessed is hosting next week!! :D

Comments

• BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    I thought this came out later in the year :confused:

Tomorrows should be interesting :o But cannot wait for Brian Blessard hosting again :eek::D

Cannot understand why the more recent episodes have not been put on DVD. I have written but they have not bothered to reply :mad:
  • sporter92sporter92 Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I thought this came out later in the year :confused:

Tomorrows should be interesting :o But cannot wait for Brian Blessard hosting again :eek::D

Cannot understand why the more recent episodes have not been put on DVD. I have written but they have not bothered to reply :mad:

Usually HIGNFY have 2 series per year, one in April/May and a longer one from October to Christmas. I cannot wait for the return of Brian Blessed next week and am looking forward to Richard Osman again tomorrow as he was brilliant the last episode he was on before Christmas but they should of got Alexander Armstrong to host with Osman as guest.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

Might be a similar reason to what happened with QI, something to do with the rights over used content, the video and photos they show.
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watch? Thought the bit on Di Canio was the best. There were some pretty good bits in it but didn't think it was the best episode overall.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Waiting for the extended version on Monday
  • moondewmoondew Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »
    Anyone watch? Thought the bit on Di Canio was the best. There were some pretty good bits in it but didn't think it was the best episode overall.

Neither did I. I'm glad they've got rid of all the effing and jeffing, but there were some rather disgusting comments - human saliva in quorn :eek:
  • enfant_terribleenfant_terrible Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Elitist, out of touch, and past its sell by date.

Hislop and Merton are far too comfortable and the progamme's lost its edge as a consequence.The death knell for satire.

Someone needs to poke Hislop with a stick and tell him that Labour hasn't been in power since 2010. And the new kids on the block are just as shady. I'm guessing it's difficult for him to find comedic value in policies he agrees with. :rolleyes:
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member
    Was good, but Paul Merton really adds nothing anymore (or for the past 5+ years really)
    Just interjects with a half funny comment then looks either confused or smug.
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    Excellent host and guests. It should be like this every week.

Is this comment satirical? I thought this episode was pretty bad.

I vaguely remember that I used to laugh out loud at HIGNFY but I now find that more often than not I just sit through it without even raising a smile.
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does this show always take so long to come up on iPlayer? It's infuriating!
  • glorafinglorafin Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    That first episode of the series was a bit bland. It ended before I coulf find any substance to it.

But I thought that, for once, Ian Hislop was quite chummy with his Labour team partner, while not very complimentary for the Tories mentioned in the questions.:)
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    Why does this show always take so long to come up on iPlayer? It's infuriating!

Click on the Watch Live link on Iplayer. It will let you 'rewind' up to two hours before. (Your post was timed at around 11pm, and the show started at 9pm I think.)
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The best episode? It's the only one so far this series!

(I saw the recording yesterday, haven't seen the TV version yet. Recordings are always a lot more fun, and it was great seeing it in super-HD and real 3D. However I was looking at the back of Ian's head most of the time except for the rare occasions he deigned to address our section of the audience!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think the Brian Blessed one next week will be particularly good!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bart4858 wrote: »

!)

There have been 44 series before this! :p
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit I can't find the Tories benefit "reforms" funny on any level. I was glad when they left that behind.

Richard Osman was predictably good.
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit more is on Monday at 22.30.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That story has been flogged to death, I very quickly got bored with it days ago. I thought the video of Ed Balls' double was the best part of the programme.
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got mentioned on have I got news for you once. true story
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    It was OK but nothing special.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised those two from Derby didnt get a mention?
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Surprised those two from Derby didnt get a mention?

Not really; I'm not sure there's any humour to get of that.
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    id watch again with new captains not with the same old pair whov done it for 23 years
  • LabLab Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bart4858 wrote: »

(I saw the recording yesterday, haven't seen the TV version yet. Recordings are always a lot more fun, and it was great seeing it in super-HD and real 3D. However I was looking at the back of Ian's head most of the time except for the rare occasions he deigned to address our section of the audience!)

Was it you who, when the audience was asked who was working class, replied, "RAther!" :D
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    sporter92 wrote: »
    Usually HIGNFY have 2 series per year, one in April/May and a longer one from October to Christmas. I cannot wait for the return of Brian Blessed next week and am looking forward to Richard Osman again tomorrow as he was brilliant the last episode he was on before Christmas but they should of got Alexander Armstrong to host with Osman as guest.

I thought it was only once a year :o

How big is Richard Osman :eek: His like a giant :D