Options

The edge of London/Fields and Trees

NorthcroftNorthcroft Posts: 450
Forum Member
Awight?
I had a dream the other night, a recurring one I've had since I was a lad
Anyways, it's me talking to 2 people in London, they say "come look at this"
They lead me through an urban landscape, and in front is rural, fields stretching into the distance, trees in leaf, cows grazing and no houses.
I go into the fields and after a while I look back and there's London beneath me, stretching out as far as the eye can see, I turn round and as far as I can see is fields and trees

Is there a place where this is possible on the edge of London?
Or is it just one long urban sprawl and eventually it thins out wherever you are or whatever part you're in?

Comments

• Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    It doesn't take long to get to Surrey or Buckinghamshire.

Hampstead Heath is rural. I often hear the early morning cock.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I dont know London at all .But was a visitor there last year and we stood on a hill on Greenwich common and we could see London sprawl in front of us and behind us all we could see were trees and green .
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    I dont know London at all .But was a visitor there last year and we stood on a hill on Greenwich common and we could see London sprawl in front of us and behind us all we could see were trees and green .

Greenwich Common? Were you in Greenwich park or on Blackheath?
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Greenwich Common? Were you in Greenwich park or on Blackheath?
    Sorry , Greenwich Park , we walked from Blackheath Common into Greenwich Park and down to the Cutty Sark and on to a Klipper .I have to say it was glorious even in December . Except for the cheeky squirrels who followed us quite boldly .
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    Sorry , Greenwich Park , we walked from Blackheath Common into Greenwich Park and down to the Cutty Sark and on to a Klipper .I have to say it was glorious even in December . Except for the cheeky squirrels who followed us quite boldly .

it's a lovely walk any time of year. There's a good view of London from the west side of Blackheath looking down over the river with St. Pauls and Tower bridge.