Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How far through the game are you? I've just finished the first "present day" challange. I'm starting to see how this links with AC 3. It still throws up a heck of a lot of questions that I hope get answered at the end of the game.

I'd actually like to see a game set during the gunpowder plot. Maybe it could tie in with the death of Elizabeth I and James I taking the throne of England....

I am enjoying AC: Black Flag alot more than 3. Though that isn't hard when I was finiding inventive ways of having Conner die!!

Only just noticed that your a girl (sorry makes no difference to me, girls who play AC are awesome in my book as well as someone who appears to be a bit of a history buff, what are you Xbox/PS3?)

Aah, Templar royal family, that would answer a lot of questions....

Maybe Queen Liz has been using a piece of eden to live this long!

I have to admit to blitzing the game, partly due to actually liking the main character (lets be fair up against Connor isnt difficult) as well as out of some deep seated loathing of the game which at times I am finding the "main story" hard to dislike (once again compared to AC3 isnt really hard)

I finished the main mission (multi player holds no interest for me until I can play as a ships captain and take on other ships)

I feel the ending is in a response to all those who hated the ending of AC3 and also to a point goes very much against what was said in that ending by certain "characters" (dont want to spoil it for you and right now may sound a little insane) but will say that we get a welcome cameo(s) at the end (sorry, must stop, too many spoilers)

Love the idea for gun powder plot and an AC in england is way over due, would prefer victorian london, Jack the Ripper style but not sure how that would fit with AC despite all the stabbing and blowing each other up, its fairly a bloodless game and Mr Ripper certainly wasnt but thats not to say that it cant be done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I feel the ending is in a response to all those who hated the ending of AC3 and also to a point goes very much against what was said in that ending by certain "characters" (dont want to spoil it for you and right now may sound a little insane) but will say that we get a welcome cameo(s) at the end (sorry, must stop, too many spoilers)

I need this game right now, this post has intrigued me so such, damn you next gen and the waits for yearly games :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I need this game right now, this post has intrigued me so such, damn you next gen and the waits for yearly games :(

I am going to upgrade this month when I go next gen despite the bad reviews that the game has had in terms of graphics (screen ripping and jarring)

I need time for the ending to settle with me as right now (only finished it yesterday) Its left me actually feeling positive and actually quite interested about the next game's possible direction (despite my still numerous misgivings about the way this game has done some things) but feel that in a couple of days once I have digested this new twist I may end up calling bullsh*t as they appear to have gone back on something that was (very) implied by the ending of AC3.
  • Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only just noticed that your a girl (sorry makes no difference to me, girls who play AC are awesome in my book as well as someone who appears to be a bit of a history buff, what are you Xbox/PS3?)

Aah, Templar royal family, that would answer a lot of questions....

Maybe Queen Liz has been using a piece of eden to live this long!

I have to admit to blitzing the game, partly due to actually liking the main character (lets be fair up against Connor isnt difficult) as well as out of some deep seated loathing of the game which at times I am finding the "main story" hard to dislike (once again compared to AC3 isnt really hard)

I finished the main mission (multi player holds no interest for me until I can play as a ships captain and take on other ships)

Love the idea for gun powder plot and an AC in england is way over due, would prefer victorian london, Jack the Ripper style but not sure how that would fit with AC despite all the stabbing and blowing each other up, its fairly a bloodless game and Mr Ripper certainly wasnt but thats not to say that it cant be done.

Lol! No offence taken. And I'm a PS3 owner.

God, ACIII almost killed my love of the franchise completly. The thing is, I loved playing Haytham. He had personality and was really fun. Ok, so he is a templar.....

According to my stats I'm only 23% of the way through. I have been doing some of the side mission stuff and I'm loving attacking the naval ships in the carribean.(Sorry, my spelling is really bad.)

Have just completed my first "present day mission", so there was a bit of an 'AH HA!' moment. I do like how they linked Desomnds Arc with this game.

Not sure how the Jack the ripper stuff would fit in with an Assassin/Templar story. For some reason the gunpowder plot and Queen Elizabeth I seems to stick out as a potential storyline. All the "who will succeed her and political upheaval" would be interesting without covering the same time period of Etzio
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol! No offence taken. And I'm a PS3 owner.

God, ACIII almost killed my love of the franchise completly. The thing is, I loved playing Haytham. He had personality and was really fun. Ok, so he is a templar.....

According to my stats I'm only 23% of the way through. I have been doing some of the side mission stuff and I'm loving attacking the naval ships in the carribean.(Sorry, my spelling is really bad.)

Have just completed my first "present day mission", so there was a bit of an 'AH HA!' moment. I do like how they linked Desomnds Arc with this game.

Not sure how the Jack the ripper stuff would fit in with an Assassin/Templar story. For some reason the gunpowder plot and Queen Elizabeth I seems to stick out as a potential storyline. All the "who will succeed her and political upheaval" would be interesting without covering the same time period of Etzio

No offence meant at all just pleasantly surprised (not that it should but when you think "gamer", especially AC I instantly think male although I shouldnt)

I have both and got AC:BC on the xbox but have traditionally played AC on PS3 for some strange reason tried this one out on the xbox. (please feel free to add me as a friend: matdevine21)

I would think that with next gen, it would allow the AC devs to open up the game to something like victorian london or even earlier maybe "the war of the roses".

I loved the modern day areas of AC3, the only issue I had was with how they treat Daniel Cross (a chracter out of the comics who is added to the game)

There are alot of easter eggs in modern day AC4 but does get a little bit too "cute" and comes aufully close to breaking the fourth wall between Abstergo and Ubisoft.

Its not until the real "ah ha" moment occurs at the end which sort of explains how Abstergo got their hands on Desmond's body and by extension his super concentrated ancient DNA...in the secret tomb...where no one could find them.sorry...sorry...I will stop.

I still think that what is occuring in the future/present day should always be the main driving force for any adventure into the past.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No offence meant at all just pleasantly surprised (not that it should but when you think "gamer", especially AC I instantly think male although I shouldnt)

I have both and got AC:BC on the xbox but have traditionally played AC on PS3 for some strange reason tried this one out on the xbox. (please feel free to add me as a friend: matdevine21)

I would think that with next gen, it would allow the AC devs to open up the game to something like victorian london or even earlier maybe "the war of the roses".

I loved the modern day areas of AC3, the only issue I had was with how they treat Daniel Cross (a chracter out of the comics who is added to the game)

There are alot of easter eggs in modern day AC4 but does get a little bit too "cute" and comes aufully close to breaking the fourth wall between Abstergo and Ubisoft.

Its not until the real "ah ha" moment occurs at the end which sort of explains how Abstergo got their hands on Desmond's body and by extension his super concentrated ancient DNA...in the secret tomb...where no one could find them.sorry...sorry...I will stop.

I still think that what is occuring in the future/present day should always be the main driving force for any adventure into the past.

I will be buying Assassins creed:liberation HD when it released for PS3. The chance to play as a female Assassin?? I'm in! Lol!!

I do agree with the "cute" easter eggs, but anything is better than AC III.
    I do like the idea that you, in the present day are (at least in my opinion so far) are working as a double agent. Though I am confused how Abstergo doesn't realise that the guy working on the coffee cart is an Assassin intelligence person. Also if you are a double agent, Abstergo are either really arrogant in their approach to the assassins, or really dumb. Their recruiting process really does suck!! lol

War of the roses is a good idea. Warwick the king maker a Templar etc....

Or you could have Revolutionary Russia. With the death of the Tsar etc. There is plenty of scope. Though with the little teaser about Assassins Creed: Raising (Rising) Phoenix or something along those lines, it suggests some sort of power shift again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be buying Assassins creed:liberation HD when it released for PS3. The chance to play as a female Assassin?? I'm in! Lol!!

I do agree with the "cute" easter eggs, but anything is better than AC III.
    I do like the idea that you, in the present day are (at least in my opinion so far) are working as a double agent. Though I am confused how Abstergo doesn't realise that the guy working on the coffee cart is an Assassin intelligence person. Also if you are a double agent, Abstergo are either really arrogant in their approach to the assassins, or really dumb. Their recruiting process really does suck!! lol

War of the roses is a good idea. Warwick the king maker a Templar etc....

Or you could have Revolutionary Russia. With the death of the Tsar etc. There is plenty of scope. Though with the little teaser about Assassins Creed: Raising (Rising) Phoenix or something along those lines, it suggests some sort of power shift again.

AC Liberation was the only reason for me to buy a VITA and it doesnt disappoint (apart from a few niggles like having to change outfit to get through certain areas...seemed a bit...misogynistic to me as you dont do this in any other game when you play as a male assassin)
    well you cant help it these days, you have to employ everyone despite their religion/race/colour/ ability to destroy your company from the inside out, otherwise HR will be all over you! lol

The power shifting cycle appears to be that the Templars grow strong then the assassins bring them down at which point "Juno" influences things so that the order falls apart and the Templars rise again at which point the cycle starts all over again.

Juno influenced the assassins to fall apart the first time through the piece of eden (Altair) and following events so that she would get Desmond to the temple at the right time so that he had no choice other than to release Juno to save the world but at the same time damn the world by allowing her release.

When we left AC:R the assassins were at their peak so maybe a game set in Russia could be seeing a losing a battle against the Templars.

Russa would be amazing, the time of the czars, jumping off the Kremlin etc
    With so much of Russia being unexplored coupled with the tunguska mystery could make for an interesting backdrop to an AC game.
    Its easy to see that the KGB would/could be Templar controlled and would make the white assassin outfit actually look sensable as camo against the snow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AC Liberation was the only reason for me to buy a VITA and it doesnt disappoint (apart from a few niggles like having to change outfit to get through certain areas...seemed a bit...misogynistic to me as you dont do this in any other game when you play as a male assassin)
    well you cant help it these days, you have to employ everyone despite their religion/race/colour/ ability to destroy your company from the inside out, otherwise HR will be all over you! lol

The power shifting cycle appears to be that the Templars grow strong then the assassins bring them down at which point "Juno" influences things so that the order falls apart and the Templars rise again at which point the cycle starts all over again.

Juno influenced the assassins to fall apart the first time through the piece of eden (Altair) and following events so that she would get Desmond to the temple at the right time so that he had no choice other than to release Juno to save the world but at the same time damn the world by allowing her release.

When we left AC:R the assassins were at their peak so maybe a game set in Russia could be seeing a losing a battle against the Templars.

Russa would be amazing, the time of the czars, jumping off the Kremlin etc
    With so much of Russia being unexplored coupled with the tunguska mystery could make for an interesting backdrop to an AC game.
    Its easy to see that the KGB would/could be Templar controlled and would make the white assassin outfit actually look sensable as camo against the snow.

There are so many possibilities and events in history that could be modified to suit the Assassins v Templar storyline. I had considered waiting and getting a PS4, but due to finances, I'm having to hold off on a next gen console. Glad I do have ACIV though
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I like the War of The Roses idea, the political unrest at the time is perfect for Templar infiltration and conspiracy, Warwick is the perfect choice, he was playing a real life game of chess at the time. The Gunpowder plot would also work, with Fawkes a Templar. A common theme to all these suggestions is British history, so I reckon any part of British history is a winner for me.

Regarding Jack the Ripper, I like the story in Alan Moore's From Hell, it's a popular theory (though it's now pretty much discredited by historians) that Sir William Withey Gull was the Ripper. After finding out about Alberts marriage to Shop girl Annie Crook, he puts her in an asylum under Queen Victoria's order's. Annie's friends (a group of prositutes) try to blackmail them. So Sir William is again called upon to shut them up and protect the crown. So in an AC game, he could be a Templar gone rogue in a mad attempt to protect the government and the Royal family, I can picture a strange Assassin/Templar team up to get rid of him. It's probably a bit too violent and gory for AC, which is saying a lot considering the throat stabbing in AC!

I think I'll wait till I get a PS4 to play this game though, maybe when it's cheaper. I'm not planning to get a PS4 till next year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    Oh I like the War of The Roses idea, the political unrest at the time is perfect for Templar infiltration and conspiracy, Warwick is the perfect choice, he was playing a real life game of chess at the time. The Gunpowder plot would also work, with Fawkes a Templar. A common theme to all these suggestions is British history, so I reckon any part of British history is a winner for me.

Regarding Jack the Ripper, I like the story in Alan Moore's From Hell, it's a popular theory (though it's now pretty much discredited by historians) that Sir William Withey Gull was the Ripper. After finding out about Alberts marriage to Shop girl Annie Crook, he puts her in an asylum under Queen Victoria's order's. Annie's friends (a group of prositutes) try to blackmail them. So Sir William is again called upon to shut them up and protect the crown. So in an AC game, he could be a Templar gone rogue in a mad attempt to protect the government and the Royal family, I can picture a strange Assassin/Templar team up to get rid of him. It's probably a bit too violent and gory for AC, which is saying a lot considering the throat stabbing in AC!

I think I'll wait till I get a PS4 to play this game though, maybe when it's cheaper. I'm not planning to get a PS4 till next year.

I'm the same. I am waiting on the PS4 to come down in price or for one of my fave devlopers to not do a PS3 version. I can see this being Naughty Dog to be honest.

If we are going for the Victorian era, why not have it based on the expansion of the colonisation of india, africa etc. Would be a good idea for templar/assassin stand-offs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I loved "from hell" (the book not the dodgy movie), when will they ever make a decent Alan Moore film!
    In fairness Mr Moore has always maintained that his works are made to be viewed as a graphic novel rather than a movie so its probably best to leave his works alone.

I have always considered that what we call historical fact could be viewed as Templar conspiracy / rewriting of history.

Could Guy Fawkes have been a rogue assassin who was trying to stop the Templar controlled british empire by blowing them up?

Maybe the women who the ripper killed were more than just prostitues? female assassins (possibly from an all female order (sorry, Joss Wheedon moment) ) who were trying to bring down the Templars but were killed and labelled by the Templar controlled police/government as prostitues? so as not to gain to much sympathy with the public as well as a last act of disgrace on the assassin order?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved "from hell" (the book not the dodgy movie), when will they ever make a decent Alan Moore film!
    In fairness Mr Moore has always maintained that his works are made to be viewed as a graphic novel rather than a movie so its probably best to leave his works alone.

I have always considered that what we call historical fact could be viewed as Templar conspiracy / rewriting of history.

Could Guy Fawkes have been a rogue assassin who was trying to stop the Templar controlled british empire by blowing them up?

Maybe the women who the ripper killed were more than just prostitues? female assassins (possibly from an all female order (sorry, Joss Wheedon moment) ) who were trying to bring down the Templars but were killed and labelled by the Templar controlled police/government as prostitues? so as not to gain to much sympathy with the public as well as a last act of disgrace on the assassin order?

If any of these ideas pop up in the next game, we will know the teams have been reading our comments. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm the same. I am waiting on the PS4 to come down in price or for one of my fave devlopers to not do a PS3 version. I can see this being Naughty Dog to be honest.

If we are going for the Victorian era, why not have it based on the expansion of the colonisation of india, africa etc. Would be a good idea for templar/assassin stand-offs.

Great idea, the time of the raj, the empire in decline and interested partys from both sides trying to take advantage of this situation.
    Perhaps a female indian assassin as the main protaganist (how much more variant genetic diversity can be crammed into Desmond before it becomes a running joke?)

The taj mahal is a must to be featured.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If any of these ideas pop up in the next game, we will know the teams have been reading our comments. ;)

I would say I that I demand a cut of the profits but would settle for them never mentioning Conner ever again! lol
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well I will be waiting for my payment from Ubisoft, It will fund our PS4 purchases if nothing else!

I did initially think I would skip AC4, but Edward seems to be more interesting than Conner, so that helps. I'm like you, liked Heytham, hated Conner. So I trust your judgement on Edward. I have been thinking about playing AC2 again, I did platinum it so the thought of all the collectables again puts me off. I could skip all that, but I still need the cash for armor and the like. I really love that game, one of my favourite's this gen, plus AC2 has one of the best game soundtracks out there, 'Ezio's family' gives me goosebumps I swear. Quite an emotional story really, I'm a sucker for that type of thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I will be waiting for my payment from Ubisoft, It will fund our PS4 purchases if nothing else!

I did initially think I would skip AC4, but Edward seems to be more interesting than Conner, so that helps. I'm like you, liked Heytham, hated Conner. So I trust your judgement on Edward. I have been thinking about playing AC2 again, I did platinum it so the thought of all the collectables again puts me off. I could skip all that, but I still need the cash for armor and the like. I really love that game, one of my favourite's this gen, plus AC2 has one of the best game soundtracks out there, 'Ezio's family' gives me goosebumps I swear. Quite an emotional story really, I'm a sucker for that type of thing.

The Ezio family gets me everytime as well, such a heart breaking set up since you get to experience Ezios life before it all turns to hell.
    Knowing what happens to his wife and at least one of his children is heart breaking.

Not to spoil anything but you get a type of armour from hunting white whales (three to be exact).

I have not done it yet but not sure where I stand with going murdering (obviously digital) whales for armour....I think thats maybe a bit too far.
    Its all optional so I may skip this paticular feature.

The main selling point for a PS4 for me is the gaikai network which (may) future proof my purchases.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say I that I demand a cut of the profits but would settle for them never mentioning Conner ever again! lol

Agreed 5000%. He should be forever refered as "He should not be named!!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great idea, the time of the raj, the empire in decline and interested partys from both sides trying to take advantage of this situation.
    Perhaps a female indian assassin as the main protaganist (how much more variant genetic diversity can be crammed into Desmond before it becomes a running joke?)

The taj mahal is a must to be featured.

I'd quite like it if they had a new protagonist. Maybe from another branch of Desmonds family tree. I mean Etzio did have a sister. Or even Edwards daughter or the illigitimate child of Etzio or Edward. Someone that they don't really know about.

By Protagonist, I mean in the present time. Not the past
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

AC2 fuelled my interest in Italian history. Etzio is very much in the same vein as Edward in my opinon. Both thrown into the conflict through circumstance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd quite like it if they had a new protagonist. Maybe from another branch of Desmonds family tree. I mean Etzio did have a sister. Or even Edwards daughter or the illigitimate child of Etzio or Edward. Someone that they don't really know about.

By Protagonist, I mean in the present time. Not the past

Totally agree, it would of course be interesting if it was that case that the sister is a full sister of a step/half sister?

I think it was Desmonds father makes the point Desmond is a genetic anomoly "1 in 10 million" to have this concentration of "ancient genome" which allows him to use the Animus much more safely than say you or I.

I usually hate this fuzzy logic as while "1 in 10 million" is a direct hit, there should be a percentage compatability, say Desmond was 100% but I was only 40% but you were 70%.

By that rating you should be a better candidate to view the memories of your ancester but if your looking for something very specific then my DNA may have what Abstergo / Assassins are looking for.(does that make sense?. probably not)

Desmonds Sister should be fairly close to the mark or what about others in the family tree or what about his father or mother?

Lets be fair, the chances of Ezio knocking up a lady was fairly high...infact you help him get in to the window of one such woman if I remember correctly at the start of AC2!

Connor...sorry, "he who must not be named" must have got lucky with at least one girl...somehow, otherwise Desmond would not have been able to view that selfish miserable sods memories...hell I would have pressed that button to save humanity if it meant not having to put up with Conner any more.

On the Kenway side of things, well Edward would have been knocking boots with every thing that had a heart beat,Haytham as well I would have thought (he did go native after all and look who he ended up with!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AC2 fuelled my interest in Italian history. Etzio is very much in the same vein as Edward in my opinon. Both thrown into the conflict through circumstance.

Am I the only one who misses Shawns (Danny Wallace) audio commentaries in AC2, they only did it for AC2 which was such a shame as I really enjoyed them.

I love all history but Italian history is so very rich and was very much the creative beating heart of the European renaissance.

Have you read Dan Browns new book "inferno", its essentially the same as Da Vinci Code and every other book he has written but his descriptions of the true Italian history and architecture is really well done.(one of the few nice things to say about the book)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree, it would of course be interesting if it was that case that the sister is a full sister of a step/half sister?

I think it was Desmonds father makes the point Desmond is a genetic anomoly "1 in 10 million" to have this concentration of "ancient genome" which allows him to use the Animus much more safely than say you or I.

I usually hate this fuzzy logic as while "1 in 10 million" is a direct hit, there should be a percentage compatability, say Desmond was 100% but I was only 40% but you were 70%.

By that rating you should be a better candidate to view the memories of your ancester but if your looking for something very specific then my DNA may have what Abstergo / Assassins are looking for.(does that make sense?. probably not)

Desmonds Sister should be fairly close to the mark or what about others in the family tree or what about his father or mother?

Lets be fair, the chances of Ezio knocking up a lady was fairly high...infact you help him get in to the window of one such woman if I remember correctly at the start of AC2!

Connor...sorry, "he who must not be named" must have got lucky with at least one girl...somehow, otherwise Desmond would not have been able to view that selfish miserable sods memories...hell I would have pressed that button to save humanity if it meant not having to put up with Conner any more.

On the Kenway side of things, well Edward would have been knocking boots with every thing that had a heart beat,Haytham as well I would have thought (he did go native after all and look who he ended up with!)

I like that anaology and really get what you are saying with the percentage thing. Though the odds are slim, there is bound to be someone else out there who has the same "genetic" anomoly that made Desmond such a good match.

I'm still confused on how the female assassin from Liberation factors into Desmonds family tree. (If she does... )

Wonder which poor soul ended up lumbered with C.. "He who Shall Not Be named)?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like that anaology and really get what you are saying with the percentage thing. Though the odds are slim, there is bound to be someone else out there who has the same "genetic" anomoly that made Desmond such a good match.

I'm still confused on how the female assassin from Liberation factors into Desmonds family tree. (If she does... )

Wonder which poor soul ended up lumbered with C.. "He who Shall Not Be named)?

I understood (not really looked into it though) that Avaline (the female assassin) was a seperate blood line to Desmonds that is being viewed by Absergo.

Avaline and "he who must not be named" meet up in the game (yes he is still as dull!)

The only thing I can think of is that "he who must not be named" paid a lot of money or meet up with a deaf and dumb girl who had serioulsy low expectations!(the Katie "Jordan" Price of the American Colonies if you will...and may explain where typhoid fever came from as a well.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understood (not really looked into it though) that Avaline (the female assassin) was a seperate blood line to Desmonds that is being viewed by Absergo.

Avaline and "he who must not be named" meet up in the game (yes he is still as dull!)

The only thing I can think of is that "he who must not be named" paid a lot of money or meet up with a deaf and dumb girl who had serioulsy low expectations!(the Katie "Jordan" Price of the American Colonies if you will...and may explain where typhoid fever came from as a well.)

So that other bloodline is a potential avenue then.....

I don't get how you can play as Avaline in Assassins Creed 4, especially if Avaline meets up with "he who must not be named..."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So that other bloodline is a potential avenue then.....

I don't get how you can play as Avaline in Assassins Creed 4, especially if Avaline meets up with "he who must not be named..."

Liberation is an offshoot of AC3, not sure of the time line but its fairly close to "he who shall not be named" timeline which enables them to meet up