Options

Over breeding and cute puppies

CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
Forum Member
✭✭✭
this article here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2527515/Cute-overload-Adorable-video-boy-teaching-three-week-old-husky-howl.html?offset=0&max=100&reply=44276515#comment-44276515
Is a cute article but I posted there about the responsibilities of caring for dogs and about how over breeding is resulting in dogs being killed all over the Country. I have had some replies back that have been negative.

Personally I think not getting your dog neutered (and breeding it) is irresponsible. Especially when you look at the number of strays and euthanised animals.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I can only say the breeding system is very flawed, I personally would not put my dogs through it and have them neutered but if we only have professional breeders we will drive many people out of dog owning, now some people need to be driven out but I consider us decent dog owners and we couldn't afford the price so would be driven out quicker than some of the hoodlums with dogs.

What we need is a system that insists on homes being found before dogs are born and that insists on health checking before breeding. And that makes breeders take back dogs they have bred and not allow them to become part of the unwanted dog numbers in shelters.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love boxer dogs as a breed and we've always had them. But listening to my boxer wheezing last night because he has a cold and his face shape affects his breathing, I felt guilty.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the overbreeding of cute puppies was halted.