Options

Is JASON the reason why Dancing On Ice bit the dust ? - No place 4 'RUDE' On SUNDAY

TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
Forum Member
✭✭
Is JASON the reason why Dancing On Ice bit the dust ? - No place 4 'RUDE' On SUNDAY

Many have said that Jason was cruel to mention Kyrans personal damp areas, is this a prime example of why viewers have been switching off in droves on Sunday nights, leading to the final demise of Dancing On Ice?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    So agree with this. Just hits below the belt each time. Definitely Karens camp.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moozy wrote: »
    So agree with this. Just hits below the belt each time. Definitely Karens camp.

I am definitely in Karens camp, I can't see many people condoning Jason's rudeness on a Sunday night, it is all just so uncalled for, and spoils an otherwise great show.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As has been said loads of times before, they obviously wanted a Craig Revel Horwood type but he just doesn't have any charm about him, unlike Craig!

They've messed about too much with the panel and pros which they don't seem to realise people care about. Why they asked Ashley back I'll never know. They should have rotated panellists from all the series for this one!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Absolutely - he doesn't add anything to the show, just demeans people. Not nice :-(
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd agree, the judges are there to give constructive criticism. I don't understand how his comments to Kyran, interrupting Karen and comments to her are constructive. His attention seeking is incredibly annoying and off putting. Listening to his criticisms are boring and the way the show portrays this "Oh what will Jason say / do next, how exciting will it be" card isn't very exciting but more of a broken record.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moonmoon wrote: »
    Absolutely - he doesn't add anything to the show, just demeans people. Not nice :-(

Its a shame that Jason has chosen to go that way or perhaps that is just his natural persona.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Its a shame that Jason has chosen to go that way or perhaps that is just his natural persona.

I don't think he is really like that. There was a dance show on last year and he was a judge and was really nice and went easy on the contestants.
  • Options
    LONERIDER37LONERIDER37 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In answer to your question Op....NO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    I don't think he is really like that. There was a dance show on last year and he was a judge and was really nice and went easy on the contestants.

What was that show called?
  • Options
    Haggis&ChipsHaggis&Chips Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a word TERRY - NO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a word TERRY - NO.

You maybe someone of few words but perhaps you can elaborate a bit for us ?
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    What was that show called?

Stepping out.
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason came off worse during their argument tonight. He interrupted Karen when she tried to give her comments to Kyran, when she didn't interrupt him and his "drone on" comment was nasty.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    Jason came off worse during their argument tonight. He interrupted Karen when she tried to give her comments to Kyran, when she didn't interrupt him and his "drone on" comment was nasty.

He is so rude but I am glad he is back::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    He is so rude but I am glad he is back::D

I wish I could share your enthusiasm bornfree.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    He is the reason why I don't watch. I should be a dead cert as a viewer for this show in theory, it ticks the right boxes but I have only watched 2 series and bits of a third. I can't bear Jason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is the reason why I don't watch. I should be a dead cert as a viewer for this show in theory, it ticks the right boxes but I have only watched 2 series and bits of a third. I can't bear Jason.

That seems to be what has happened among a large number of core viewers, which is a shame for the show.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    I agree with terry to be fair, this is meant to be light hearted entertainment and even craig makes a lot more entertaining comments on scd. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    I agree with terry to be fair, this is meant to be light hearted entertainment and even craig makes a lot more entertaining comments on scd. :D

A bit of light hearted entertainment on a Sunday evening should relax you not get you all upset and worked up into a frenzy, one thing is for sure if Dancing on Ice had Craig's entertaining comments instead of Jason on the show it would probably still be going strong.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe people still take Jason's comments seriously. The sensible contestants don't.:D
  • Options
    SliverOfDiamondSliverOfDiamond Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's a "Me too", I can't bear him (along with all the padding, slow pace of the show, and a gazillion adverts).
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did think he was being a lot less rude last night at first in his comments to the skaters, pointed but constructive. I thought maybe words had been had, "it's the last series, make an effort Jason", etc.

Then unfortunately came the "armpit" comment to Kyran, and his interrupting of Karen (for the record he should not interrupt anyone IMO, though he seems to do it most to her).
  • Options
    CranfieldCranfield Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Its all part of the "game", he is cast as a sort of Pantomime Villian.
    I suspect most of its scripted.

Schofe and the Bleak One said, when summing up the show, that the spat between Karen and Jason, "was the bit they liked the best".
    Thats some indictment.
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Cranfield wrote: »
    Its all part of the "game", he is cast as a sort of Pantomime Villian.
    I suspect most of its scripted.

Schofe and the Bleak One said, when summing up the show, that the spat between Karen and Jason, "was the bit they liked the best".
    Thats some indictment.

Exactly. Jason Gardener is playing a character and is following the producers instructions. The idiot hosts draw attention to it because they're desperate to generate controversy/interest.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jason is one of the reasons, yes.