Do you carry any weapons around with you?

124»

Comments

• Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure they are that bad. They give flexibility to having a good reason for the possession, and in practice it works well.

The alternative is a complete ban, which wouldn't work, or complete freedom, which would be stupid.

This.

Said it before but I came off an oil rig, forgetting I had a leatherman on my belt, and walked straight onto a flight at Aberdeen airport with it.
    Cop stopped me, spotted it and I thought I was going to have it confiscated (as he had every right to do) but, instead, he just rolled his eyes and told me to shove it into my carry-on bag and leave it there.

I'm sure it depends how reasonable the cop wants to be but I'm sure that's often decided, itself, by how plausible the person is.
    geniusgirl wrote: »
    When I saw this thread, I thought,
    'how many posts til Si comes in willy waving'

:D

Sorry to disappoint you then. ;-)
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't and never have. I believe carrying a weapon can bring far more trouble than it's worth. It could so easily be turned on you.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just my keys
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in an average sized town in a close to town centre location. It's hardly posh, but not overly scally either.

No wonder you are safe.
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    No wonder you are safe.

I live in London. A Bank was robbed not long ago not far from us. It's not what you would call safe.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    No wonder you are safe.

Which endz u from?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    At night a large metal torch, when in a car, it can be classed as a weapon, but the contents of my tool box.
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live in London. A Bank was robbed not long ago not far from us. It's not what you would call safe.

Still so long as you're not a bank you should be OK...
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Only my handbag. I have hit myself with it and can vouch that it hurts.:blush::(
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuanDesu wrote: »
    Does a fist count?
    McMahauld wrote: »
    Open goal here... anyone?

Didn't Julian Clary give Norman Lamont a good fisting back in the 90's? :D
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carlos_dfc wrote: »
    I'm out in the car very late (and the wee small hrs) - often in the middle of nowhere - on a regular basis, and so I've been stopped for a 'routine check', many times.

I know what you're doing :D:D
  • TyrTyr Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    I did wonder about that. Some are almost 50 years old! :o

Think i will phone them and ask.

One or two cost a small bloody fortune but i just don't like them around the house. I've never used them since i came out of Hotel work and they aren't even in my Kitchen......i locked them away in the loft!

I know it's crazy isn't it?

Undoubtedly the most lethal are filleting and boning knives i have which are a narrow slim bladed knife. In the wrong hands they could easily kill in seconds, yet anyone can go in a Catering suppliers and buy these knives no problem at all.

Sounds like they are a decent set of cooking knives. Why not just give them away or sell them to a chef or somebody you know who really likes cooking? It would be shameful waste to hand them into the police to be destroyed.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On weekends, I compete in Archery in a local league ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes.. My fists of fury!!!