Options

if I liked Deadwood, what else should I watch?

ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
Forum Member
Got 2 episodes left of the box set, then I'm finished watching Deadwood. I've been addicted. Never thought Ian McShane would be this good in anything and it's just outstanding.

Going to be a big void in my TV viewing that Sky Atlantic's True Detective might fill once a week, but what other box sets should I have a look at? I have Sky On Demand but nothing jumps out at me.
Also have Lovefilm, but not Netflix. Any other HBO series?

cheers.

Have to stop myself muttering "c**ksucker" in Mr Wu's accent when seriously p'd off :D

Comments

• Options
    TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Deadwood - was re-watching some of the episodes on CBS Action

You should get Netflix and watch House of Cards! (also has a few Deadwood cast in it) - that is also brilliant
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Ok, cheers. Keep them coming!
    what's the difference between UK and US netflix as every time I look at programmes/films available, I'm bombarded with offers to subscribe via a proxy to US netflix.
    I'd be using my smart TV app and would prefer to keep things simple (and legal) :p
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Hell on Wheels seems an obvious choice.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    what's the difference between UK and US netflix as every time I look at programmes/films available, I'm bombarded with offers to subscribe via a proxy to US netflix.
    I'd be using my smart TV app and would prefer to keep things simple (and legal) :p

Watch Justified. The actor who played Bullock on Deadwood is the star, and he is once again playing a "cowboy-ish" lawman, even if it is modern day. I think UK Netfix has the show. And the difference between US and UK Netflix is that the US version has a MUCH larger selection of series.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Sons of Anarchy
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carnivale might be a good fit. I seriously can't believe how amazing True Detective is though.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Just generally - The Sopranos and Dexter.

Keith Carradine who was in Deadwood also makes an appearance for a season in Dexter.
  • Options
    chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Second vote for Justified. It is awesome.
  • Options
    Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Third for Justified. I think this is the immediate choice for a Deadwood follow up, starring the same main actor and having a similar gift for mesmeric dialogue and a rich base of characters to spout it :D
  • Options
    srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hell on Wheels is another good western show.
    Game of Thrones if you want more gritty violence.

The Shield is a great show populated with anti heroes worth a watch.