Would You Buy the Records of Any of The Voice Acts?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
Forum Member
I have to say I watch this programme as a light entertainment show and would never in a million years buy the music of anyone featured on it - just not my kind of thing. No matter how good the voices, the acts seem derivative, middle of the road and appearing on the show destroys any credibility and authenticity they might have possessed. Do you think this year's winner will flop as spectacularly as the last two?

Comments

• Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would buy Sophie's and Rachael's album as I love them both.
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    I'd buy Sallys previous albums (which is currently on iTunes) and Christina Marie's material.
  • mashitupmashitup Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I would buy Sophie's and Rachael's album as I love them both.
    I would listen to them, then if liked them I would buy them :cool:
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last album I bought was around 2003. But I'd buy Sally Barker's tomorrow.
  • JonGTFCFanJonGTFCFan Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Anna McLuckie - definitely

Georgia / Jermain - possibly
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina's maries and thats it
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jermain - he sent shivers down my spine.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Sophie May, Iesher and Jermaine are all really good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    I'd buy Sallys previous albums (which is currently on iTunes) and Christina Marie's material.

I think Sally has a beautiful voice but I dread to think what they will do with her if she wins. I think the problem is people enjoy 'discovering' a musical artist, and shows like The Voice make you feel very 'marketed at' by the powers that be. I imagine if you came across one of Sally's albums in a friend's record collection, saw her perform in a small marquee at a festival or came home on a Friday night and saw a clip of her on some BBC4 documentary about folk it would be like being let in on a brilliant secret that you wanted to go out and tell everyone about, but The Voice bypasses that whole process of discovery and stops you making a personal connection with the music.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JonGTFCFan wrote: »
    Anna McLuckie - definitely

Georgia / Jermain - possibly
    Still love Anna's voice it's very pure and Sally of course, but the surprise tonight was Jermain. A definite for me - love his deep soul voice and I'd be happy for him to do some covers like Luther Vandross, Harold Melvyn and the Blue notes, Teddy Pendergrass etc. mmm Lovely.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Jazz's deep rich voice. Was very disappointed that she wasn't picked. I liked James Byron too, though I don't think he picked the right song for the knock out.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I watch this programme as a light entertainment show and would never in a million years buy the music of anyone featured on it - just not my kind of thing. No matter how good the voices, the acts seem derivative, middle of the road and appearing on the show destroys any credibility and authenticity they might have possessed. Do you think this year's winner will flop as spectacularly as the last two?

Sally is the only one who's album I'd buy .....as long as they were all covers .

Her voice is so mesmerising and I love the way she alters my fave songs and yet I prefer her version !

There is only Will Young and Alex Parks that I felt so strongly about .
  • Bella TrixBella Trix Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    I would buy Anna's and Lee's.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sally has a beautiful voice but I dread to think what they will do with her if she wins. I think the problem is people enjoy 'discovering' a musical artist, and shows like The Voice make you feel very 'marketed at' by the powers that be. I imagine if you came across one of Sally's albums in a friend's record collection, saw her perform in a small marquee at a festival or came home on a Friday night and saw a clip of her on some BBC4 documentary about folk it would be like being let in on a brilliant secret that you wanted to go out and tell everyone about, but The Voice bypasses that whole process of discovery and stops you making a personal connection with the music.

Her voce is crying out for a covers album :)

I'd love to hear her sing some Carpenters , Mamas and Papas stuff etc ... Loving you ....
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

They won't do anything with her they will show her the door and say good luck I don't think there is any real prize
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    They won't do anything with her they will show her the door and say good luck I don't think there is any real prize

I rarely buy CDs any more, I get bored listening to fourteen tracks by the same artist these days. I like Anna's voice, she'll get loads of offers of work from this. I also like Jermaine but don't believe the humble young man act. He learned to sing somewhere!
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No idea. A great voice is only half of the equation. If they don't have great material to sing, then its just a great instrument playing a bad song.
  • Miss ListerMiss Lister Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    I bought all of Sally's albums on iTunes the day after she first appeared on 'The Voice'. I've been playing them pretty much every day since. I've watched most of the xfactor series/pop idol and never felt compelled to buy before.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I would.
  • bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally and Anna are my kind of artists
  • Arnold1Arnold1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anna Mcluckie and Christina Marie.
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    Chris Royal
  • Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jazz, James Byron, Iesher, Rachael, Sophie, Femi and possibly Christina!
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd buy Anna's material, and would potentially buy Christina, Iesher, Sophie, Beth, Jamie too. :)
  • bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have downloaded one of Sally's albums from Amazon and was not disappointed - Anna would be the only other artist I would be interested in listening to - good as the others are it is not my style of music.