Ronnie's fascination with Stacey.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In a way I'm glad TPTB opted to take both characters down this route, rather than a clichéd catfight in the middle of the Square. What do you make of this new direction or do you find it believable or not?

I personally find it believable and interesting to watch, as Ronnie harboured a deep hatred of her father ever since he molested her as a young girl and she probably wanted to see him dead ever since, but she as his daughter never had the strength or courage to go through with it. It is only natural that her fascination of Stacey stems from the fact that Stacey carried out an act that Ronnie was never able to.

Comments

• Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I think it's just as Stacey assumed, the Danielle connection.
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's just as Stacey assumed, the Danielle connection.

No. I think it's like what the OP said.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a "new" direction. There was no cat fight or anything the first time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    It's not a "new" direction. There was no cat fight or anything the first time.

No. I mean usually when on Eastenders when there is hostility between two women, they seem to always resort to measures such as cat fights in the Vic or in the middle of the square (well during the Slater years anyway).
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but the lack of one between Ronnie and Stacey is nothing new.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan-Yell.

I do think its to do with Danielle but also as the OP says that Stacey did what she couldn't do. If she helps Stacey then she thinks this will make amends for what happened to Danielle and all the bad things thats happened to her. It won't of course and Ronnie will become more unstable
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the Danielle connection is one, but maybe they both empathizes with each other because they've been through similar experiences.
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Two murdering pieces of scum together... add Nick Cotton as he has also killed before and they could form a band.