Is Grand Theft Auto VI (6) on the way already?

Comments

• Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    2 years to storyboard and build maps? Films get made and released in that time! lol

They did this whilst creating DLC for GTA IV amongst other things but I suspect you already knew that.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 years to storyboard and build maps? Films get made and released in that time! lol

You clearly have not idea about games development. Building maps large maps does take years. Lots of texturing/modeling/lighting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are those that develop the games also 40 year old virgins?

Which category are you in btw?
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are those that develop the games also 40 year old virgins?

Which category are you in btw?

Oh get over it and stop being so sensitive and insecure! lol :D
    Look at the profile of the people whose calling me names - late 30s early 40s. It's just an honest observation.
  • Ultra MagnusUltra Magnus Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't project on to me.

Calm down dear.
    You start off by saying that you don't care what anyone thinks and then post a link to other people's views as if it somehow matters to me.

Clearly the views of others are very important to you - that's why you keep prattling on about review scores.

Now, are you going to give us a source for the '2 year development' of GTA 5 or not?
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL at some of this nonsense. Using Naa_KwaKai logic some of the parents on this forum must be the parents of the next son of god miracle child. Half the "40 year old virgins" on here have kids.

The music and film industry have there fair share of trash which could hardly be considered 'art' and they both have some crazy fanatical fans who don't only call for people to be fired but also hopes for them to die if a director of a film chooses an actor which displeases them.
    Ads wrote: »
    I guess the inevitable discussion on what city GTA6 will go to will start warming up soon.

I guess Las Venturas (Las Vegas) or Miami are the most likely. It would be nice to go somewhere new though. I guess we all live in hope they might come to London again, but maybe that would be seen as too much of a risk in terms of US sales.

I would like this see all GTA cities on a huge connected map then have the stories set in different areas over different games but keeping the same world for the Online element. So a game set in Vice City would largely be set and focused in Vice City but the player could if they wanted to travel to Los Santos ect. Then the next game has a story set in Los Santos ect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calm down dear.
    Clearly the views of others are very important to you - that's why you keep prattling on about review scores.

Now, are you going to give us a source for the '2 year development' of GTA 5 or not?

For somebody who "doesn't give a flip what people think" I find it odd that you would post a direct link of somebody else's views and opinions as if it's the Bible. :D You're really desperate to prove that video games mean anything, it's kind of cute. :blush:
    But sadly for you they don't - they're just mindless fun/escapism for couch zombies.

The reference to consistently high review scores are to demonstrate how low the standards are in gaming. You know how hard it is for a film to get above a 60% on rotten tomatoes on film? Film reviews are important because they're done by professionals who have studied the industry. I think John Campea says it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPjOSuxmehg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have a source, do you?
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    They should go back to London, and have a female lead character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should go back to London, and have a female lead character.

London would be interesting but they would never have a female lead character, they would lose sales.
    Forum Member
    Um, no babe. An artistic achievement is something like Gone with the Wind. Video games are cute but can hardly be considered amongst the greatest artistic achievements in human history! There's a reason why other entertainment industries look down upon it.

lol

Oh dear.
    Forum Member
    London would be interesting but they would never have a female character, they would lose sells.

They wouldn't. The brand name is too strong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol

Oh dear.

Why did you change your original response to my quote. This is what you originally wrote:
    Completely arbitrary and baseless opinions.
    Forum Member
    Why did you change your original response to my quote. This is what you originally wrote:

The first version was too wordy

The second version was a better fit for purpose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They wouldn't. The brand name is too strong.

They would most definitely lose sales. Masculinity and misogyny are key characteristics of this franchise and considering that most of the target demographic are male I can't imagine them wanting to play a character that has sex with other men. It would totally change the game. I mean can we really imagine a woman going to a male strip club and buying male prostitutes?
    Can you imagine the gamer sitting back as a male stripper winds up all over the protagonist with his oily six pack and leather thong? lol :D
    On second thought, R* do it - it'd be hilarious!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first version was too wordy

The second version was a better fit for purpose.

Your first response was fine. It was 5 words, we'll live. The second was less original though - "lol" is the go-to phrase when people have nothing to say or can't be bothered to write out the long hand version of The Funny but you already did the long hand version so to change it was pointless. Anywho...
    Forum Member
    They would most definitely lose sells.

Unlikely, and even if they were worried about it, they could simply do what GTA V did and have multiple characters, with one who happens to be female.
    I can't imagine them wanting to play a character that has sex with other men.

She wouldn't necessarily need to. It depends on what her storyline is, and what activities are made available to her. GTA could do with a creative shake up anyway. They whole strippers/hookers thing has got stale now.
    Forum Member
    Your first response was fine. It was 5 words, we'll live. The second was less original though - "lol" is the go-to phrase when people have nothing to say or can't be bothered to write out the long hand version of The Funny but you already did the long hand version so to change it was pointless. Anywho...

No, "lol" is my go to phrase when the post I'm responding to (and your other posts in that vein) does not warrant a lengthier response.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They would most definitely lose sells.

'Sales'. It's 'sales'. Anyway, you got that source yet? Any will do; HP, Daddies, Heinz...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Sales'. It's 'sales'. Anyway, you got that source yet? Any will do; HP, Daddies, Heinz...

Yeah, fixed it.
    Ooh, a play on words. Well aren't you just the little Shakespeare...

ETA: I love how you made sure your grammar and punctuation was impeccable for this post just so you wouldn't come under scrutiny from me. You really do care what others think :D
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For somebody who "doesn't give a flip what people think" I find it odd that you would post a direct link of somebody else's views and opinions as if it's the Bible. :D You're really desperate to prove that video games mean anything, it's kind of cute. :blush:
    But sadly for you they don't - they're just mindless fun/escapism for couch zombies.

The reference to consistently high review scores are to demonstrate how low the standards are in gaming. You know how hard it is for a film to get above a 60% on rotten tomatoes on film? Film reviews are important because they're done by professionals who have studied the industry. I think John Campea says it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPjOSuxmehg

This is ridiculous.

Having a problem understanding that gaming is still essentially in its infancy when compared to film? Of course professinal film critics are able to study the industry and the language of film as the the medium has existed in a basic form for 130+ years.

Game developers have really only had access to the technology and tools that let them create interesting and creative narratives and concepts within the last decade.
    As technology advances the lines between interactative and passive mediums are no doubt beginning to blur.

Game designers are now starting to embrace motion capture technology and use it as a tool to get physical performances from the actors portrating the characters, and yes, I use the term actor because it translates to a performance.

To just lump together all forms of gaming and boil its playerbase down to two sets of the often used 'gamer stereotype' is fairly shortsighted and shows a lack of overall understanding towards both the industry and the people who put a lot of time into creating these games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, "lol" is my go to phrase when the post I'm responding to (and your other posts in that vein) does not warrant a lengthier response.

Hmm...but seeing as you initially made a lengthier response this proves that a) my posts did b) you were desperately going out of your way to prove to me that my posts didn't warrant a response yet, ironically, by editing it to get that point across you've proven that not only do my posts warrant a response but they warrant a response that is perfected and edited to get that message across when the best way to show that my post didn't warrant a response was to not respond at all...
    Forum Member
    Hmm...but seeing as you initially made a lengthier response this proves that a) my posts did b) you were desperately going out of your way to prove to me that my posts didn't warrant a response yet, ironically, by editing it to get that point across you've proven that not only do my posts warrant a response but they warrant a response that is perfected and edited to get that message across when the best way to show that my post didn't warrant a response was to not respond at all...

OK now you're just talking gibberish.

Even more so than your other posts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh get over it and stop being so sensitive and insecure! lol :D
    Look at the profile of the people whose calling me names - late 30s early 40s. It's just an honest observation.

No answer then?

Have you heard of the EA wives partition?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unlikely, and even if they were worried about it, they could simply do what GTA V did and have multiple characters, with one who happens to be female.

They had their chance to do that with the last game. Franklyn (who felt more like a token character to make up the 3 person arc) could have easily been a woman.
    She wouldn't necessarily need to. It depends on what her storyline is, and what activities are made available to her. GTA could do with a creative shake up anyway. They whole strippers/hookers thing has got stale now.

True, but like I said I think R* are smart enough to know that their general audience have no desire to play as a woman - even if the activities don't include sleeping with men there are other things she will do as a woman that some male gamers may find degrading to play. Also, to not have her have any sort of sexual relations with a man will water down her character as sex should be a part of her like it is a part of the male characters if she is to be fully fleshed out. Which leads me to my next point - there would be too many restrictions on things she can say or do for the sake of making sure gamers don't feel uncomfortable. It's best to just stick to the formula they have. It works.