Options

Recommendations for Freeview widescreen 17" LCD

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    My Tosh 25" crt is rated at 169 watts so I guess LCD's are lower power, although the difference is maybe not as large as you might perceive. Thanks for the input on the remote delay, which as you say is a fairly std problem on all remotes easily solved bu using th eprogramme up/down button. Would still be interested to hear from anyone with experience of running these off a 12v battery although I'm sorely tempted to purchase anyway just for home use.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can someone maybe describe the dc input socket. If it's a standard type dc adapter I think it should be easy to source a cigar lighter power pack but if it's a one off plug this might prove more difficult.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oops - now gone back to £399!
  • Options
    andyfrasandyfras Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    claypole wrote:
    Can someone maybe describe the dc input socket. If it's a standard type dc adapter I think it should be easy to source a cigar lighter power pack but if it's a one off plug this might prove more difficult.
    It's a 4 pin; a bit like an S-Video connector but beefier. The power supply is rated at 6.25Amp (now I've checked instead of guessing!).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's currently a firmware download for a Beko IDTV which seems to be stopping the Wharfedale going into standby properly; its red LED carries on flashing indefinitely. This has happened before with other downloads.

Does anyone know if we'll ever get an upgrade to the firmware on the Wharfedale?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The digital tuner on my 17" Bush has gone faulty. It seemed to die slowly; for a time it would come on OK and then deteriorate as it warmed up. Now it just gives a screen full of random pixels with the occasional bit of image and badly broken up sound. The analogue tuner is still OK.

I checked my receipt and was amazed to see it was still 2 days inside the warranty. So I called up Tesco Direct to see what could be done and as they could not provide a replacement, they have given me a full refund.
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andyfras wrote:
    The digital tuner on my 17" Bush has gone faulty. It seemed to die slowly; for a time it would come on OK and then deteriorate as it warmed up. Now it just gives a screen full of random pixels with the occasional bit of image and badly broken up sound. The analogue tuner is still OK.

I checked my receipt and was amazed to see it was still 2 days inside the warranty. So I called up Tesco Direct to see what could be done and as they could not provide a replacement, they have given me a full refund.

that's very good service. you will be able to get a bigger &
    better tv with the same money. prices have plummeted ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thms wrote:
    that's very good service. you will be able to get a bigger &
    better tv with the same money. prices have plummeted ;)
    The problem is there are no 17" widescreen IDTVs to replace it and I don't want anything bigger for the bedroom. There are still lots of small 4:3 TVs with analogue tuners. I find this amazing when we are getting so near to analogue shutdown.

I guess I'll carry on using the Bush with a Freeview box and save the money for when the industry catches up.