Options

O2 XDA2 Problem

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
Forum Member
Hi There, I have an XDA2 as the title suggests. The problem I am having is with the MMC card. I have a 1GB MMC card in the XDA which I use to store the maps for my tomtom navigator software among various video files, the usual etc.. Every few days for some reason I will come to use tomtom and find that the entire MMC card is wiped and no data remains. I put it in my PC card reader and the same nothing at all. I then have to recopy the files over and it will work fine again for another few days. Anyone any ideas what causes it to loose its data?

Cheers
Ashley

Comments

• Options
    TeachingStaffTeachingStaff Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Hi There, I have an XDA2 as the title suggests. The problem I am having is with the MMC card. I have a 1GB MMC card in the XDA which I use to store the maps for my tomtom navigator software among various video files, the usual etc.. Every few days for some reason I will come to use tomtom and find that the entire MMC card is wiped and no data remains. I put it in my PC card reader and the same nothing at all. I then have to recopy the files over and it will work fine again for another few days. Anyone any ideas what causes it to loose its data?

Cheers
    Ashley

*Theoretically* (ie. according to documentation/instructions) you should always remove MMC/SD etc. cards from Pocket PC's/XDA's when the device is reset/turned off/loses power - otherwise loss of data can occur.. (or if you turn off the device especially when data access is occuring).
    Strictly speaking you shouldn't keep the card in their all the time (although most people, including me), you may just be succeptible to problems.
    A similar problem has occured to me with several devices including a Mitac PPC and an O2 XDA - the data just randomly corrupts and gets wiped.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ive never lost any data using a very similar setup even after resetting
    have you set the lock on card to on?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Its an MMC card not an SD, there is no data lock on it. I think I might start remvoing the card see if that makies any difference. Cheers for ya help.