Wasn't this couple on Wife Swap recently?

Rachel2006Rachel2006 Posts: 726
Forum Member
✭✭
While browsing on YouTube I came across an episode of Jeremy Kyle about Religious cults and I could swear I'd seen a couple of the guests were on the Wife Swap recently, the one entitled "Bin Raiders" and lived in a motor caravan. It got me wondering how this couple who don't even own a TV could get signed on to appear on another TV show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUeThYv6z5A&feature=related

Comments

• fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    whats the link
  • WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    Rachel2006 wrote: »
    While browsing on YouTube I came across an episode of Jeremy Kyle about Religious cults and I could swear I'd seen a couple of the guests were on the Wife Swap recently, the one entitled "Bin Raiders" and lived in a motor caravan. It got me wondering how this couple who don't even own a TV could get signed on to appear on another TV show?

Link please? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member

Yes... it looks like them to me
    Forum Member
    Depends which couple you're talking about.

I can see several.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Woowookid wrote: »
    Depends which couple you're talking about.

I can see several.

The man and the woman on the right

http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/W/wifeswap/images/series9/susan_gianstefani_180.jpg

Picture from the channel 4 website
    Forum Member
    Cheers. :)

I've watched most of the Wife Swap programmes, but I can't say I've seen those two on it.
  • Rachel2006Rachel2006 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought so!!! It was one of those moments when you wonder where you'd seen that person before!!

Anyway, what a couple of weirdos they are!!
  • sara76sara76 Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Yes, they were the bin raiders who lived in a caravan with their son.

If I remember rightly she went to live in a millionaires house and was trying to get the family to eat stuff from the bins, the little girl was crying and the father was sick in the sink.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

sara76 wrote: »

If I remember rightly she went to live in a millionaires house and was trying to get the family to eat stuff from the bins, the little girl was crying and the father was sick in the sink.

Yes I remember them too, the couple on the far right, they were the dustbin divers. They lived in a caravan with their son, no TV nothing. I remember them not believing in celebrating birthdays, they never bought their son presents or aknowledged his birthday at all :(

I also remember her making the little girl from the well off family eat food she had got out of peoples wheelie bins and when the little girl started crying and being sick she told her she was a spoilt little girl and should eat what she was given :(

They stated they didn't work because that was their religious ways, that people should provide for each other, that they shouldn't have to pay into society or get jobs and pay taxes. But believed their child had the right to go to school, that they should receive benefits and made full use of the NHS dentistry/doctors, as long as the rest of us foot the bill in the name of their religion :rolleyes: . I remember the dentistry bit more than anything because the well off mother was upset that her son didn't qualify for NHS dental care to get a brace (which was going to be over four thousand I think she said, which they couldn't afford straight away) after both parents had worked all their lives and paid taxes, yet the 'eco dustbin divers' who had never worked due to their 'eco reglious ways' got everything free!
  • Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I saw that - they were raiding the bins the supermarkets chucked out. It wasn't even a caravan more like a large van, they took their son to school in it and he made them drop him off round the corner. Do you know if they were on JK or WS first?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AngelStar wrote: »
    Yes I remember them too, the couple on the far right, they were the dustbin divers. They lived in a caravan with their son, no TV nothing. I remember them not believing in celebrating birthdays, they never bought their son presents or aknowledged his birthday at all :(

I also remember her making the little girl from the well off family eat food she had got out of peoples wheelie bins and when the little girl started crying and being sick she told her she was a spoilt little girl and should eat what she was given :(

They stated they didn't work because that was their religious ways, that people should provide for each other, that they shouldn't have to pay into society or get jobs and pay taxes. But believed their child had the right to go to school, that they should receive benefits and made full use of the NHS dentistry/doctors, as long as the rest of us foot the bill in the name of their religion :rolleyes: . I remember the dentistry bit more than anything because the well off mother was upset that her son didn't qualify for NHS dental care to get a brace (which was going to be over four thousand I think she said, which they couldn't afford straight away) after both parents had worked all their lives and paid taxes, yet the 'eco dustbin divers' who had never worked due to their 'eco reglious ways' got everything free!

I remember thats what made me so angry about watching Wife Swap and how I thought I recognised the womans face on Jeremy Kyle. Yeah I rememer their so called cult religion "jesus christians" preaches they have to give everything they own ....yet they sponged off the state for every penny they could get their hands on.... while their poor son had nothing. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Makes me glad I didn't see this particular episode, I think my TV would have ended up being thrown out of the window!! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woowookid wrote: »
    Makes me glad I didn't see this particular episode, I think my TV would have ended up being thrown out of the window!! :eek:

LOL, if your bin was outside your window you may have seen the lady scurrying off with your TV, ducking and diving behind the wheelies! :eek::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they were. They were also living by the cult rules on the wife swap programme. It's the kid you gotta feel for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beep2 wrote: »
    Yes they were. They were also living by the cult rules on the wife swap programme. It's the kid you gotta feel for.

I followed some links to this so called freegans cult from one of the comments on YouTube. They call themselves Jesus Christians and the couple who were on Wife Swap regularly post on the message board. It was interesting to see how they attempted (miserably) to defend their cult and life style choice after appearing on Jeremy Kyle and Wife Swap. But what really made me mad was where one of the members on the message board said how the little girl of the rich family on wife swap deserved a lashing for spitting out her milk and banana that Sue (the freegan) made for her. :mad:
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering they don't have jobs..they appear to like firing up a media exposure career :rolleyes:

I don't usually lose my temper on these wonderful forums, but....

Get a job you lazy cretins and stop using God as an excuse. If you want to spead God's word and not work-volenteer full-time instead of appearing on TV. If they are healthy and want to live in society, drive a car on public roads,use the NHS..pay for it you scroungy dodgers :mad:

Live in a field with a donkey and some seed - many do around the world in the name of God, but stop scrounging off me because you don't contribute and use a God as an excuse!!!!!...and meanwhile turn up on TV every few months:mad: :rolleyes:
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember them on Wife Swap too, I was intrigued by the bin raiding. I didn't know it was a cult, I just thought Freegan, was what they labelled themselves for nicking food out of bins :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    I remember them on Wife Swap too, I was intrigued by the bin raiding. I didn't know it was a cult, I just thought Freegan, was what they labelled themselves for nicking food out of bins :D

I had no idea it was part of a cult thing, I just thought they raided bins because they were too tight to pay for food and too lazy to go to work. Guess I was right all along then!! :D:p

Seriously though, it just makes me laugh how they use Gods name to hide behind their bizarre behaviour. The mother Sue admitted in a thread on the cult message board after her appearance on Wife Swap that her son who admitted on the show that he was embarrassed to be taken to school in a mobile home really did prefer to live in a mobile home rather than a house. I can't believe just how cunning and manipulating these people really are.

I wish they'd p*ss off back to Australia where they came from.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had no idea it was part of a cult thing, I just thought they raided bins because they were too tight to pay for food and too lazy to go to work. Guess I was right all along then!! :D:p

Seriously though, it just makes me laugh how they use Gods name to hide behind their bizarre behaviour. The mother Sue admitted in a thread on the cult message board after her appearance on Wife Swap that her son who admitted on the show that he was embarrassed to be taken to school in a mobile home really did prefer to live in a mobile home rather than a house. I can't believe just how cunning and manipulating these people really are.

They need deporting. Either that or we invoice the Aussies.

And if they are feeling a child out of rubbish bins, social services need to be involved.
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And if they are feeling a child out of rubbish bins, social services need to be involved.

This is what I've been wondering about...not just living out of the bins there's other things that might make social services question their parenting but they don't...my dad accidentally popped my shoulder out playing with me when I was little, and because we lived in one room of a house and were poor they were on him like flies on shit..why aren't they on these people????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member

No really you can keep them....we have enough weirdos already :p
  • Connie BeachampConnie Beachamp Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

my OH was boaking as well while watching he manky b'stards who are bin raiders on the show,if ever there is a case of child abuse thats in your face its them who love to get food from bins :eek::eek:
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

...I wish they'd p*ss off back to Australia where they came from.

You mean they're not even British?:mad: FGS, get rid!

They must be getting paid for their TV appearances. What are the rules surrounding this if they're claiming benefits? Which I'm pretty sure they are...
  • RandyRandy Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, that`s them..
  • Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazurka wrote: »
    No really you can keep them....we have enough weirdos already :p

How about Antarctica? I bet they'd have trouble finding anything in the rubbish there :p