The Tunnel: Sabotage starts April 5th- Sky Atlantic

Comments

• StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Evo102 wrote: »
    BIB i thought more Anders Breivik than Paris and Brussels.
    But with him, it was indiscriminate - the guy last night, just picked out 2/3 to kill.

Great episode.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only twigged yesterday that the Step Father arranged his wife's murder in the car while they were in the Tunnel.
  • Jedi_KnightJedi_Knight Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone confirm whether or not if Madeline Duggan was in Episode 2, who I remember being the original Lauren Branning in Eastenders?
  • fergferg Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    It was a Crimewatch level recreation of the Breivik case, not worth the praise being heaped on it here, the main storyline is progressing well though.
  • lindenlealindenlea Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    But with him, it was indiscriminate - the guy last night, just picked out 2/3 to kill.

Great episode.
    And the three killed were picked very specifically … "One of each", he said earlier … which is why the Jewish young man was spared, as he'd already shot the rabbi.

This is the best contemporary drama series I'm watching at the moment (currently viewing The A Word, Marcella, Line of Duty).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope there's going to be a third series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a repeat on Sky Atlantic if one misses an episode?
  • MR. MacavityMR. Macavity Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »

Normally tonight at 9pm I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you type in The Tunnel in the search box of the homepage on Sky, then it'll show when the repeats are shown, if there are any.
  • SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    We had a binge today and watched the whole series. It wasn't bad at all, I still prefer Saga to Elise though.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When Fournier, Rosa and Thibault were discussing the next step in the their the name "Koba" often cropped up. This was a name sometimes used by Joseph Stalin in his early days as a revolutionary. I wonder if it is meant to provide some sort of clue as to the indentity of this season's Big Bad.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great show.,
  • deisegirldeisegirl Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pacing is excellent so far.

Love all the "old school" detective work: Karl tapping away one fingered on the keyboard to find the info on that there interwebz then driving around to all the possible sites.

Wonder if Elise told that girl that she was a twin as well. She seemed rather animated at the end of that scene.

I like the William Ash character so he's likely to die right?

Also Karl fangirling over Sonny Persuad was amusing.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    I binged watched the whole series but still wached last night and I will watch next week and every week after

far better than the overrated Marcella
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This twin business: yes the Nazis were interested in twins - but surely identical twins, not a boy-girl set like the woman from Chile & her brother....:confused: Surely she & her brother are no different to siblings born a couple of years apart, two eggs fertilized at the same time as opposed to a fertilized egg splitting in two.
  • pixiebootspixieboots Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately Mengele used non-identical twins too as well as physically disabled people for his "experiments".
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    I finished this on a second sitting tonight, it's very very good but not flawless. I'm glad it's branched out on its own, I view this as a first series and the actual first series as a bit of an experiment.

Hopefully we'll get some more series as I think the 2 lead characters are breaking away from the shackles of the Bridge. Stanis Baratheon is brilliant in this, so good I might have to start calling him by his real name, Carl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deisegirl wrote: »
    The pacing is excellent so far.

Love all the "old school" detective work: Karl tapping away one fingered on the keyboard to find the info on that there interwebz then driving around to all the possible sites.

Wonder if Elise told that girl that she was a twin as well. She seemed rather animated at the end of that scene.

I like the William Ash character so he's likely to die right?

Also Karl fangirling over Sonny Persuad was amusing.

I can't get my head around hearing him with a southern accent - I've always thought of him as a 'professional northerner'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I may have missed something but why was that beardy cop helping the villains??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I may have missed something but why was that beardy cop helping the villains??

He killed himself at the end didn't he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't get my head around hearing him with a southern accent - I've always thought of him as a 'professional northerner'.

He is sexy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He killed himself at the end didn't he?

Yep, in the hospital room where the severely injured policewoman was
  • deisegirldeisegirl Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    I finished this on a second sitting tonight, it's very very good but not flawless. I'm glad it's branched out on its own, I view this as a first series and the actual first series as a bit of an experiment.

Hopefully we'll get some more series as I think the 2 lead characters are breaking away from the shackles of the Bridge. Stanis Baratheon is brilliant in this, so good I might have to start calling him by his real name, Carl.

He'll always be the One True King of Westeros to me :D

Actually thought the show was pulling a GOT in ep 4 with that cop Julie.

I definitely prefer this series but I wonder would there be enough potential storylines to have them interacting? Guess I will have to reassess at the end :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is sexy.

Yes he is rather a good-looking chap.