Problem starting Outlook 2003

raymartin01raymartin01 Posts: 1,898
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've been using Outlook 2003 for several years now on a PC running 64-bit Vista. SInce yesterday, however, when I start the program I get the UAC message asking me to confirm that I want to run it. I haven't (AFAIK) changed anything on the PC, so why would this suddenly appear?

Also, how can I stop it happening?

Comments

• s2ks2k Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    Its probably an addon of some kind. Have you uppgraded/changed your antivirus recently? Installed any scanner software? Phone synching utilities?

Also make sure you have the SP3 update for Office. Vista itself should be on SP2.
  • raymartin01raymartin01 Posts: 1,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Office and Vista are both up-to-date.

The only thing I've installed recently is Adobe Photoshop Elements.
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    It may be something that has sneaked its way onto your PC via another application/update. My advice would be to disable all addons (instructions here) and restart Outlook.

If you are running via a shortcut, double check the properties haven't been changed to run as administrator or in any kind of compatibility mode.

If UAC is still being triggered after this then try reinstalling Office. If still nothing after that then I'm stumped...
  • raymartin01raymartin01 Posts: 1,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Properties had been changed to run as Administrator - no idea how that happened!