Who here is ditching the Iphone after IOS7?

123457»

Comments

• tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    jioscar wrote: »
    Stiggles mine is about a year old and only happened when I updated on apple site this has happened to maybe thousands of users

Don't know what you mean by "updated on Apple site". IOS is updated either through iTunes or OTA. You don't go to the Apple site.
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry updated through itunes but been on apple site tried everything to cure the problem with no luck
    Forum Member
    jioscar wrote: »
    Sorry updated through itunes but been on apple site tried everything to cure the problem with no luck

How close are you to an Apple Store ? They are very good at fixing/replacing iDevices.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    Noted, but it also annoys me if someone says "don't ever buy this", or "xxxx is rubbish". If everyone has the same problem then yes don't buy it and its rubbish. Everyone doesn't have the problem though.

That's all I was saying

Well for whatever it's worth, it's something that bugs me no end as well. I get that people can have problems or bad experiences, but it doesn't automatically make that product or company "one to avoid" for everyone.

Anyway, in an attempt to remain on topic, I suppose Beta 4 will be out on Monday ?. I've been running Beta 3 since it was released with zero issues - I haven't really noticed any massive improvement in battery life apart from when I go through a day with little use of the phone - had 1 day and 6 hours use a few days ago which was decent.

That aside, it's running very nicely though.
  • DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    Sometimes reading comments in this thread make me think I am the only one who likes iOS 7 it adds some needed things to the operating system it brought a revamped design one of the minor things and bits like control panel which are important for ease of use. This is called development and yes it won't be liked by all but it is also apple trying to capture other people to the platform.

I like it too! I've noticed similar names cropping up here as do in the Win8 bashing threads in C&N. I just think some people don't like change
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »
    Don't know what you mean by "updated on Apple site". IOS is updated either through iTunes or OTA. You don't go to the Apple site.

Stop nitpicking.

It comes from a site from apple. It's the same thing....
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure what was happening with my phone today.

When I was on a call with someone (who does not have an iPhone) it would try and Facetime them for some reason :confused:
    The phone would eventually freeze and reboot itself.

All seems to be okay now but I was very, very confused - I think the phone was as well! :D

(Running iOS7 Beta 3)
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mobile companies are by the sound of it.

"Tim Cook reportedly expressed dismay that 80 per cent of all iPhones are sold through carrier stores, rather than Apple Retail Stores"

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/07/17/russia_says_nyet_to_apple/

So it looks like Tim is laying an egg, fast track hatched from chicken that are fleeing the expensive roost.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eh? All that's about is how people tend to buy iPhones from places like the Vodaphone and O2 stores, rather than Apple's own stores.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    Eh? All that's about is how people tend to buy iPhones from places like the Vodaphone and O2 stores, rather than Apple's own stores.
    I guess most sales in Russia wll be now via Apple's own stores.

Maybe it was words put into Tim's mouth but expressing dismay at one's sales partners is not good PR.
    Forum Member
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Stop nitpicking.

It comes from a site from apple. It's the same thing....

I wasn't nitpicking, I genuinely thought the OP may have been doing the wrong thing, so keep your vitriolic comments to yourself please.