Undercover BBC1

Comments

• LushnessLushness Posts: 38,165
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    I thought that was brilliant, can't wait for next week.

Me too, very enjoyable! :)
  • FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    Me too, very enjoyable! :)

It may just be us three then :D:D
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will be interesting to see how the plot develops.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    If it was just about Adrian Lester's character there might be something to it,, but she just gets on my nerves, i might have to record and FF through her bits, or just knock it on the head

Yeah but what would it be about without her, just watching him going about his day? If you don't like her i'd give it a miss, her scenes will be pivotal to the plot so there is no point fast forwarding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    FortyTwo25 wrote: »

People clearly aren't giving it a chance. To say you are bored after only 10-15 minutes is ridiculous. I think people just like moaning for the sake of it on here sometimes. It was the same with The Night Manager thread and London Spy.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FortyTwo25 wrote: »

Number four here. I am enjoying it too.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like Adrian Lesters character I'm a martyr to left calf cramp!

Sophie Okonedo is a victim of typecasting - she is always playing put-upon or righteous sorts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Yeah but what would it be about without her, just watching him going about his day? If you don't like her i'd give it a miss, her scenes will be pivotal to the plot so there is no point fast forwarding.

More enjoyable :p:D
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How they have structured the story makes it confusing but I will stick with it. A 20 year lie wow.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know black people age much, much better than white people, but even so, it's rather too much of a stretch to see the two main characters looking exactly the same in 1966 as they do today. That's fifty years ago for goodness sake.
    Are all those three children forty odd, then? Pfft. As if.
    And as for his dearly departed Dad, my word, he he had a splendid bum for a man who is old enough to have a son who's about eighty years old. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    mike65 wrote: »
    Like Adrian Lesters character I'm a martyr to left calf cramp!

you need to drink more water :p
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My theory is ...
    he was an undercover cop infiltrating her activist group, but they fell in love, had kids and now he lives his real life as his undercover alter ego. He's left the force but no one in his family knows his real name or previous life
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    I know black people age much, much better than white people, but even so, it's rather too much of a stretch to see the two main characters looking exactly the same in 1966 as they do today. That's fifty years ago for goodness sake.
    Are all those three children forty odd, then? Pfft. AS if.
    And as for his dearly departed Dad, my word, he he had a splendid bum for a man who is old enough to have a son who's about eighty years old. :D

It was 1996 not 1966 ( or at least that's what I thought it said on the screen)
  • CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it was brilliant too. Looking forward to next ep. Those that gave up after ten minutes....shame on you!
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't think that was all that great and agree with others about the lead actress.

Shame as I was quite looking forward to it but it failed to engage me or interest me. Will give next weeks episode a go but not sure if I'll stick it out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

1966? The riots were in 1996 I think.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

1966?????? :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Missed, will watch and iPlayer and return.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    It was 1996 not 1966.

Oh. Thank you very much for putting me straight.
    Suppose it's time for me to go to Specsavers. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are all those three children forty odd, then? Pfft. As if.

1996 dude.

Edit: Never mind, beaten to it, I did have to check though. :)
  • Kim PKim P Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was OK and I will stick with it. Can't say I was gripped with excitement at the beginning but got better as it went along.
  • FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    Supratad wrote: »
    My theory is ...
    he was an undercover cop infiltrating her activist group, but they fell in love, had kids and now he lives his real life as his undercover alter ego. He's left the force but no one in his family knows his real name or previous life

;-) ...
  • DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I enjoyed it too. Good setup and an intriguing story in prospect. I'm assuming the Michael character Maya has been obsessed with for 20 years is going to turn out to be based on Stephen Lawrence?
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really loved that. Really interesting can't wait for next week. Sophie Okonedo always keeps my attention. Such an interesting face and actress.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kim P wrote: »
    It was OK and I will stick with it. Can't say I was gripped with excitement at the beginning but got better as it went along.

I thought it was intriguing to begin with, and did a good job of highlighting how awful death sentences are. It grew into something more gripping as it went on. I really enjoyed it all.