Options

Never seen a Doctor New Series Channel Four

owen10owen10 Posts: 127,999
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
This is a new series showing people who have never seen a doctor in their lives This is going to be fascinating watching them facing their fears and seeing them see a doctor for the first time

Comments

• Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't surprised that the woman who weighed 29 stones died of heart failure.
  • Options
    Jules_BaxterJules_Baxter Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched this - sad about Janice but frustrating because although the program kept saying that her teeth had forced her to into a bad diet, no they hadn't! Needing to eat easy to chew food doesn't force you to have to quaff bowls of trifle and melted cheese!

The dental phobia I get totally, the problem is there are good dentists out there and bad dentists, if you have the funds to be able to afford private dental care you can get a decent dentist, access to sedation at a price etc, but I couldn't afford to keep being used as a cash cow by my private dental surgery and there are no NHS dentists near me so when things get bad I have to resort to the emergency dental service and some of the dentists are nice and some are butchers, the last time I went with an abscess I heard everyone that went in before me sort of scream, I realised why when I went in and he tried to force a needle right through the flesh of the inside of my mouth instead of injecting directly into my gum! I had to make him stop! The abscess was agony as it was.

Again though this couple raise two prudent points, look after your teeth as best as you can to minimise ever needing a dentist and don't assume you can eat rubbish and you body will keep coping with the excess weight that gets piled on!

Janice's husband looked great with his new teeth bless him.