Options

is it just me or did you count series 6 as 2 again?

dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
Forum Member
when matt smith took over it was like a brand new doctor who it felt like a new beginning unlike when 10 took over from 9 which pretty much flowed easily

does anyone count it like its series 3 is coming

Comments

• Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Er, no.

Series 6 is Series 6 of the new series (2005 onwards) and Series 7 will be just that, Series 7.
  • Options
    JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Series 7 will be just that, Series 7.

Or Season 33, for those who like to start from 1963 rather than 2005.
  • Options
    sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 5 (the best series) felt like a series 1, series 6 however felt like series 6. Not sure why.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 5 (the best series) felt like a series 1, series 6 however felt like series 6. Not sure why.

What?:confused::D

Didn't Moff call series 5 series 1 at one point? Maybe series 7 will feel like series 8. Or 2. Or not.
  • Options
    sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn't Moff call series 5 series 1 at one point? Maybe series 7 will feel like series 8. Or 2. Or not.

I say series 5 felt like a first series cos everything suddenly felt fresh and new. Series 6 continued with that stuff so felt like a continuation rather than a beginning, so more like a sixth series of what started in 2005 than a second series of what started with series 5. If that makes ANY more sense:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Just you, and Tom Spilsbury.
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On a certain level every Doctor's series/seasons can feel like a separate unit starting with 1. For example, I'll sometimes think of Trial of a Time Lord as Colin Baker season 2 (even though it doesn't quite work out right on the front end, having to attach Twin Dilemma to the following season). Possibly the only real exceptions are McGann (obviously) and Eccleston with only 1 series, which keeps Tennant's first series from seeming like 1 because you never have 1 followed by 1, or if you include McGann it would be 1 followed by 1 followed by 1.

**checks in to the nearest asylum**
    of the Daleks :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Didn't he refer to it as 'Series Fnarg?' Never understood what that was all about, lol.
  • Options
    Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fire Host wrote: »
    Didn't he refer to it as 'Series Fnarg?' Never understood what that was all about, lol.

People were asking him what to call the series 5 or 31 or 1 and he said: "Call it whatever you want. You can call it Fnarg for all I care." (Or words to that effect)
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I know is that series 7 starts in August and it will STILL be series 7 when the show returns at Christmas and in the Spring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    when matt smith took over it was like a brand new doctor who it felt like a new beginning unlike when 10 took over from 9 which pretty much flowed easily

does anyone count it like its series 3 is coming

No, and i thought it was really stupid when Steven Moffat tried to say that series 5 could be known as series 1.

It doesn't start again when a new writer or actor takes over. The relaunch in 2005 was different, because there had been a huge gap, and anyway old Who is not usually referred to as series 1, series 2, etc.

I think at one point the series 5 episodes were actually named as series 1 episodes on the iplayer, which is utterly daft and likely to cause confusion at times.
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I know is that series 7 starts in August and it will STILL be series 7 when the show returns at Christmas and in the Spring.

Is this correct? source??

It's the first time I've read someone making a definite statement about the start date
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Isn't it just the preview screening in August?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it just the preview screening in August?

I doubt they'll be able to leave it long after the premiere/preview before airing it. Spoilers and all that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt they'll be able to leave it long after the premiere/preview before airing it. Spoilers and all that.

Last year the premiere was 19 days after the press launch. But the spoilers were probably out there by the morning after so there's no sure way to defeat them and still have an advance screening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year the premiere was 19 days after the press launch. But the spoilers were probably out there by the morning after so there's no sure way to defeat them and still have an advance screening.

Indeed. But the longer they leave it, the more likely that spoilers will get out and the more people will find out :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. But the longer they leave it, the more likely that spoilers will get out and the more people will find out :(

For anyone attending the screening:

Don't miff the Moff!!!

:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or Season 33, for those who like to start from 1963 rather than 2005.

.... only if someone is naive given that the original series bears no relation to the 2005+ series in anything but name.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DariaM wrote: »
    .... only if someone is naive given that the original series bears no relation to the 2005+ series in anything but name.

Presumably that's why the main character is a Chicago dentist named Harvey Who and there are never any aliens or time travel.