Why Did Bubbly In The Fridge Catch on?

Kestrel1992Kestrel1992 Posts: 990
Forum Member
✭✭
I know not everyone liked it and found it irritating but why did it become so popular? There was even a feature in Inside Soap about the remixes on youtube.

Comments

• Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its just a meme, they come and they go. Try not to worry about them, or figure them out. Once you figure it out, you will end up depressed like those who have. Its not pretty.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me do the honours...

Vanessa Gold: " Bubbly..bubbly?! BUBBLY!!!!!!???!! ARGHHH BRANNING SCUM, I'll KILL YOU ALL !!!"
  • daz_fdaz_f Posts: 6,642
    Forum Member
    coz it was bubbly funny at the time:p
  • Kestrel1992Kestrel1992 Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say without the risk of sounding crazy, I really enjoyed it. My favourite remix of them all is the one mentioned above - Branning Scum, followed closely by Vanessa's Sparta remix. Zoe Lucker is a fantastic actress. It was probably the best breakdown on TV ever.

I would really like to see Vanessa VS the curtain remix or maybe one of her smashing the house up in reverse.
  • MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is combination of high camp hilarity, the paradox of a pristine white clad clean freak demolishing her flat, everyone being able to relate to the desire sometimes to let loose and lash out. There's also the delightful transgression of the 'unruly' or 'disorderly' woman - reasons why things like 'Absolutely Fabulous' and Australian soap 'Prisoner' were so much fun, camp, and captivating.
  • Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because it was hilarious at the time and the way people made remixes of it on Youtube cracked me up, i still joke about it on this site now.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I know not everyone liked it and found it irritating but why did it become so popular? There was even a feature in Inside Soap about the remixes on youtube.

What does it mean? :confused:
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    What does it mean? :confused:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bubbly%27s+in+the+Fridge

This should help! Enjoy! :D
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "BRANNING SCUM, I'LL KILL YOU ALL!" made me laugh more than the actual Bubbly in the Fridge line. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looked like great fun to film!
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't. It's a terrible line that nobody remembers.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's become a total cliche on this forum, just like Lauren's bloody sandwiches or whatever it was and people constantly writing "I wonder if Ken will Do Something" and the likes.
    The last one irritates me the most. Talk about doing a joke to death!
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    It's become a total cliche on this forum, just like Lauren's bloody sandwiches or whatever it was and people constantly writing "I wonder if Ken will Do Something" and the likes.
    The last one irritates me the most. Talk about doing a joke to death!

HAHA I love all of them, they never get boring and lets face facts....its what Jackson would of wanted :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it was one of the most unintentionally funny lines ever on EE, a brilliant piece of comedy!
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    It didn't. It's a terrible line that nobody remembers.

Thats not really true is it

I think it was a combination of many things, the fact that we had waited months for Vanessa to do something and Zoe Lucker to show what she could do and it was certainly worth the wait. It wasnt just the Bubbly in the Fridge line that I liked, I think the funniest part was when Carol & Jack came in to find Vanessa on the floor with the photo of Max and smashing it up with a hammer or what ever it was and of course BRANNING SCUM I'LL KILL YOU ALL :D:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isn't funny, it wasn't funny, it never will be funny.

Carol Jackson falling over chasing David's car ........ now that was funny. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB: let's agree to disagree :D

I agree about the second point lol!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    BIB: let's agree to disagree :D

I agree about the second point lol!

I'll settle for that Maurice!! :)
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

haha yh they way she shouting out david,david
    then david was starting the engine, and she was with her bags, he drove off and she fell = very funny scene:)
  • SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was because it was what we where waiting for

A TANYA TURNER MOMENT
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What cracked me up was Jack walking in to the room to state the obvious.

"Look at the state of this!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its because Vanessa was quite a posh character so to hear her shout like that. and to say words like 'ima gonna kill all you brannin scum' was hilarious greatly acted though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its because Vanessa was quite a posh character so to hear her shout like that. and to say words like 'ima gonna kill all you brannin scum' was hilarious greatly acted though

Love your username BubblysInTheFridge
  • Kat's StilettosKat's Stilettos Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    I didn't find it funny, I found it interesting. It was so endearing seeing quite a preserved character lose it in the matter of seconds. I wish we'd seen more of this Vanessa. I'm still holding out for a return.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't find it funny, I found it interesting. It was so endearing seeing quite a preserved character lose it in the matter of seconds. I wish we'd seen more of this Vanessa. I'm still holding out for a return.

She did go insane and start cleaning everything lol