Options

Duchess of Cambridge pregnant

Comments

• Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do feel sorry for her that it's all come out so soon, as I agree I'm sure she would love to her a normal pregnancy, but I'm just glad she's feeling better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozL0El-zAU8#

As my friend has HG and suffered really badly and no one really believed her when she said how bad it was but definitely glad that people are starting to understand HG now.

My daughter's morning sickness was bad, not as bad as Kate's but still horrible for her. HG really can be life-threatening, both for mother and baby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperemesis_gravidarum
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoax call to the hospital.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20610197

The call. It's amazing how the staff from the switchboard operator to the nursing staff were stupid enough to think they were the Queen and Prince Charles - their accents were crap. No NHS hospital would give out details willy-nilly so as a private one their hospital security must be truly sh*te to let them get through to her room. Sackings ahoy I'll be bound.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/12/05/kate-middleton-pregnant-prank-call-australia-2dayfm_n_2243080.html
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why have so many ordinary posts been deleted?
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why have so many ordinary posts been deleted?

Not sure what you mean by ordinary but, there have been some very nasty ones.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member

The call. It's amazing how the staff from the switchboard operator to the nursing staff were stupid enough to think they were the Queen and Prince Charles - their accents were crap. No NHS hospital would give out details willy-nilly so as a private one their hospital security must be truly sh*te to let them get through to her room. Sackings ahoy I'll be bound.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/12/05/kate-middleton-pregnant-prank-call-australia-2dayfm_n_2243080.html

Unbelievable! I have a feeling someone might get a very severe warning at least!
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by ordinary but, there have been some very nasty ones.

There was absolutely nothing nasty about any of my posts that have been deleted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There was absolutely nothing nasty about any of my posts that have been deleted.

Some of mine were deleted too, might be because I was quite off topic. ;)
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm amazed they fell for that one. You'd have thought they'd be wise to that kind of thing by now.

As if the Queen or Prince Charles would ever call directly themselves!!

And how dumb to give away any kind of personal information over the telephone! :rolleyes::sleep:

A huge lapse of judgement there - not to mention brain cells.
  • Options
    hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The security was dire. But what kind of ******* makes a hoax call to a hospital? At the end of the day, this is a woman trying to keep her unborn child safe. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am side eyeing the radio station the most. Do they really think it's funny to make prank calls to hospital to to enquire about a woman, who is there for dehydration due to pregnancy complications? Because of them the poor nurse might actually lose her job. Just let Kate get the rest and care she needs, she will anyhow be hounded for the next 9 months more than ever, there is no need for some silly pranks.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hicken wrote: »
    The security was dire. But what kind of ******* makes a hoax call to a hospital? At the end of the day, this is a woman trying to keep her unborn child safe. :mad:

Indeed, they're idiots. Prank phone calls complete with silly accents is so old now. I am surprised anybody could have fallen for it. There must be protocol for not divulging any details over the phone.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I am side eyeing the radio station the most. Do they really think it's funny to make prank calls to hospital to to enquire about a woman, who is there for dehydration due to pregnancy complications? Because of them the poor nurse might actually lose her job. Just let Kate get the rest and care she needs, she will anyhow be hounded for the next 9 months more than ever, there is no need for some silly pranks.

What does 'side eyeing' mean?
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gawd. I've every sympathy for Kate but the media fuss over this pregnancy is beyond ridiculous.

No wonder the Aussies are rolling their eyes and making prank calls.
  • Options
    Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Gawd. I've every sympathy for Kate but the media fuss over this pregnancy is beyond ridiculous.

No wonder the Aussies are rolling their eyes and making prank calls.

What a laugh, sick of this nonsense already and i applaud the aussies for giving us a laugh.
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a laugh, sick of this nonsense already and i applaud the aussies for giving us a laugh.

Really? You think it's ok to infringe on an ill woman's privacy in this way? I think it's sick. Would it be funny if it happened to you or your loved one, during a difficult, stressful time? :confused:

I was in hospital at the same time as a woman who was suffering from the same condition as Kate, and it was absolutely awful. I have every sympathy with anyone who experiences this, I wish her all the best for the rest of her pregnancy.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofieellis wrote: »
    Really? You think it's ok to infringe on an ill woman's privacy in this way? I think it's sick. Would it be funny if it happened to you or your loved one, during a difficult, stressful time? :confused:

I was in hospital at the same time as a woman who was suffering from the same condition as Kate, and it was absolutely awful. I have every sympathy with anyone who experiences this, I wish her all the best for the rest of her pregnancy.

Whilst we all know it is a very unpleasant condition, there are far, far worse and more dangerous and painful conditions associated with pregnancy.

They're saying it's Hyperemesis Gravidarum but they can say anything. If they just said it was morning sickness it wouldn't have the same importance would it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Truth is i don't give a damn about her or her pregnancy, in the grand scale of things i'm more concerned about those less fortunate spending christmas alone, kids for whom christmas mean no presents ect.

I find it hard to give a jot about a pampered beard who has never worked a days graft in her life
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Whilst we all know it is a very unpleasant condition, there are far, far worse and more dangerous and painful conditions associated with pregnancy.

Have been thinking this all along, while I can sympathise, it aint the end of the world
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    What does 'side eyeing' mean?

Giving a bit of an evil look.

And even if one doesn't care about Kate or her pregnancy problems, there clearly has been a breach of privacy issues, which no one would like to happen to them if they were staying in the hospital.

And we all know this isn't the biggest of world problems, but then again you most likely won't find those on DS Showbiz forum.. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Truth is i don't give a damn about her or her pregnancy, in the grand scale of things i'm more concerned about those less fortunate spending christmas alone, kids for whom christmas mean no presents ect.

I find it hard to give a jot about a pampered beard who has never worked a days graft in her life

Not caring about, and laughing at, are two very different things, though, aren't they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They're saying it's Hyperemesis Gravidarum but they can say anything. If they just said it was morning sickness it wouldn't have the same importance would it?

BIB: I know - I was in hospital, because of some of them! It didn't stop me from sympathising with the other patient, who was suffering though.

As for the second paragraph, I think she would have rather kept the news to herself for a while, rather than have to spend time in hospital, so I'm inclined to believe they are telling the truth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not caring about, and laughing at, are two very different things, though, aren't they?

They are i agree,

Can i add that i'm no royalist but having known someone who had HG i have sympathy for her, the problem is that the spin machine are in overdrive, making those that have no interest in the pregnancy out to be uncaring b'stards.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB: I know - I was in hospital, because of some of them! It didn't stop me from sympathising with the other patient, who was suffering though.

As for the second paragraph, I think she would have rather kept the news to herself for a while, rather than have to spend time in hospital, so I'm inclined to believe they are telling the truth.[/QUOTE]

They could have kept it to themselves easily enough. She could have been treated at home - it's basically drips, rest and TLC. As I said the other day Diana fell down the stairs at Sandringham when she was 12 weeks pregnant with Wills and AFAIK she didn't even go to hospital.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They could have kept it to themselves easily enough. She could have been treated at home - it's basically drips, rest and TLC. As I said the other day Diana fell down the stairs at Sandringham when she was 12 weeks pregnant with Wills and AFAIK she didn't even go to hospital.

It's not that simple. As I said in a post which was culled earlier HG isn't something that can be treated at home. It needs more than a drip, the patient needs constant monitoring as it can lead to all kinds of things which can put both mother and baby in danger. If anything were to happen, hospital is the best place to be. Even with all their money, the Royals can't turn their homes into a hospital.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperemesis_gravidarum

A mother's story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mary-haft/hyperemesis-gravidarum_b_2244977.html
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It must have come on suddenly because she was running around a hockey field in high-heels on friday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2240964/Duchess-Cambridge-Kate-Middleton-plays-hockey-high-heels.html