How do you keep humax freetime box on favourites

HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How do you get the humax freetime sat box to stay on your favourite channel list after selecting a favourite channel it goes back to all list?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    HDMI wrote: »
    How do you get the humax freetime sat box to stay on your favourite channel list after selecting a favourite channel it goes back to all list?
    At present there is no way to do that. It has been raised as a requirement on the freetime forum. Their initial response was that it cannot be done easily.
    Forum Member
    At present there is no way to do that. It has been raised as a requirement on the freetime forum. Their initial response was that it cannot be done easily.
    ...as presently implemented the favourites selection is pretty much useless. Far better to edit/delete channels to give you an EPG that consists of your favourites. That's what I've done.
  • HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So why did they not do it properly in the first place Whats the point of a favourite channel list if you cant stay in it You would think after all these years of designing satellite boxes they would now have everything well and truly sorted
  • NosferatuNosferatu Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    I agree that the favourites are pretty useless as they stand. Having to press an extra key to enable them every time you use the box is stupid.

I've read the argument before that channels that pay to be in the EPG don't like box manufacturers allowing users to hide them using favourites. I just delete more channels than I would if the favourites worked properly. Rather then rarely watching the channel, I never do to avoid it cluttering up the EPG. Some channels I have to leave in because I use them but don't care what's on and don't want them in the EPG (e.g. BBC News, CBeebies).

On another note, the ability to disable the now-next that appears when you open the EPG would also be good. It serves no useful purpose as far as I can tell and just means you have to press right twice to scroll forwards in the EPG.

Also, when going back in time in the EPG (on demand) why do all the channels you've deleted still show up (meaning the upteen regional variations of BBCOne and other channels)?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    They really need to fix this.

The Humax Foxsat HDR is a bit iffy sometimes ... I can't work out exactly what it is that makes it switch from the Favourites list to the generic list ... but mostly it stays on the fave list you select. And rightly so.

It's a usability issue: the ability to use your device as you wish; in a manner which suits you.

There really is no point in forcing people to scroll past channels they don't want, or to keep them rigidly ordered when people would rather have some flexibility to suit their own purposes.

Whilst it's true that channels pay for their position in the EPG, they have to earn their place in the viewer's interest.

Hopefully Humax will address this issue (assuming it's they who are responsible and not Freesat).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    The stock firmware does not offer a way to do what is obviously a core requirement.
    I have a Harmony One remote and have set up the Guide button to show the favorites due to some nifty key presses.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eston Bleu wrote: »
    They really need to fix this.

The Humax Foxsat HDR is a bit iffy sometimes ... I can't work out exactly what it is that makes it switch from the Favourites list to the generic list ... but mostly it stays on the fave list you select. And rightly so.

It's a usability issue: the ability to use your device as you wish; in a manner which suits you.

There really is no point in forcing people to scroll past channels they don't want, or to keep them rigidly ordered when people would rather have some flexibility to suit their own purposes.

Whilst it's true that channels pay for their position in the EPG, they have to earn their place in the viewer's interest.

Hopefully Humax will address this issue (assuming it's they who are responsible and not Freesat).

While in the epg tapping in a channel number jumps directly to the channel. eg 119 goes to ITV HD. (works on a Foxsat-hdr as well).

If you have the CF on a Foxsat-hdr and the Webif remote the favourite channel icons do the same.

Might help a bit.
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c-h wrote: »
    The stock firmware does not offer a way to do what is obviously a core requirement.
    I have a Harmony One remote and have set up the Guide button to show the favorites due to some nifty key presses.

The Foxsat is much the same - Does any true freesat PVR do this?
    Forum Member
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    The Foxsat is much the same - Does any true freesat PVR do this?
    Completely pointless comment.
    The box should do what users want it to do, not what Freesat decide it should do which is the current position. I'm away from home right now using SKY, so, so much better in terms of user GUI and reliability. It's a close call whether I abandon this troublesome 1000S and return to SKY. When I get home V.37 will decide the issue. More lock-ups/freezes, lost/missed recordings and other stupid problems and it goes in the bedroom and no more Humax. Lesson learned. Major disappointment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely pointless comment.
    The box should do what users want it to do, not what Freesat decide it should do which is the current position. I'm away from home right now using SKY, so, so much better in terms of user GUI and reliability. It's a close call whether I abandon this troublesome 1000S and return to SKY. When I get home V.37 will decide the issue. More lock-ups/freezes, lost/missed recordings and other stupid problems and it goes in the bedroom and no more Humax. Lesson learned. Major disappointment.

Hardly pointless:
    freesat write the specs that need to be conformed to.
    Try deleting channels on Sky so you don't see all those channels you don't subscribe to.
    Forum Member
    ...freesat write the specs that need to be conformed to...
    Exactly the problem. They seem to brainstorm by committee rather than listen to users. Result is the present mess of a box.
    ...Try deleting channels on Sky so you don't see all those channels you don't subscribe to.
    Don't need to, they have a proper favourites list which is immediately, and speedily, accessed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't need to, they have a proper favourites list which is immediately, and speedily, accessed.
    But from mremory is not automatically used.

A reasonable middle road would be to remember it for the duration of a boot. That way all users would get to see new channels that have appeared etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Looking across the various forums covering the HDR 1000s, I have come to the conclusion that Pollensa 1946 is a perpetual moaner. I could put it stronger than that, but most folks will know what I am thinking! I have had my box from day 1, and it has to date been faultless. A very clever piece of kit, and yes Pollensa I had Sky for 10 years and there is just no comparison with the Humax/Freetime combination which is brilliant.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly the problem. They seem to brainstorm by committee rather than listen to users. Result is the present mess of a box.

And is limited to 50 channels.
    Forum Member
    monterey wrote: »
    ...I have had my box from day 1, and it has to date been faultless...
    I'm very pleased for you, hope it continues that way. all the best.