Tf300t any tips ?

AnthonymcQAnthonymcQ Posts: 222
Forum Member
Hi, I got one of these with dock for only £180 in HMV recently.

It's a good, interesting machine, and is running 4.2.1, but I do find it lags when browsing, etc.

I am using it on high performance mode, and it should be more than powerful enough to run smoothly, so a bit disappointing, especially compared to my ipad mini.

Any tips ?

Comments

• Mr. CoolMr. Cool Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnthonymcQ wrote: »
    Hi, I got one of these with dock for only £180 in HMV recently.

It's a good, interesting machine, and is running 4.2.1, but I do find it lags when browsing, etc.

I am using it on high performance mode, and it should be more than powerful enough to run smoothly, so a bit disappointing, especially compared to my ipad mini.

Any tips ?

I have also got the TF300T. Is it new/refurbished?

I also sometimes get the occasional lag (due to low quality flash memory) but it doesn't bother me that much and I find it's an amazing tablet.

It's good that you also got it for £180 :)
  • AnthonymcQAnthonymcQ Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Yeah, brand new, one of those random hmv bargains recently.

Have you rooted yours ? I am thinking it might improve things a bit. Seems a lot of bloat ware.

It's very good, just likes to freeze up a bit too much. I am really impressed with its connections, video playback, etc though.
  • Mr. CoolMr. Cool Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnthonymcQ wrote: »
    Yeah, brand new, one of those random hmv bargains recently.

Have you rooted yours ? I am thinking it might improve things a bit. Seems a lot of bloat ware.

It's very good, just likes to freeze up a bit too much. I am really impressed with its connections, video playback, etc though.

No mines stock. If you want you could purchase a class 10 memory card for sotrage and use Browser2Ram to prevent lockups (root required of course).

Was it running 4.2 out of the box? If so that could be the source of the stutters as the cache might just need clearing.

Like I said, It's an excellent tablet for the price. If you want to void your warranty and root it (some do, some don't) go for it. I like having the ability to root a device so I can decide whether I want to or not, and I also like Android's less-restrictive approach compared to Apple's. Hence, why I didn't but an iPad :D
  • AnthonymcQAnthonymcQ Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Thanks, might look at browser2ram

Wasn't 4.2.1 out of box, did update, then full reset etc, not as smooooth as I would like, nice gadget though.