Appreciation Thread for Rachel.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
Forum Member
Hey Every1 i'm kinda new to this forum and have been supporting Rachel from the very start of I'd do anything. :D

I haven't seen an Appreciation thread for her so i made 1 sorry if there is! :o

I can see that there are quite a few people who dislike Rachel on this forum and just wanted to make a place where Rachel fans can come and talk.

Also has any non-rachel fans changed their minds about her after hearing her in the dreaded sing-off??

Thanks for reading. :D

Comments

• rolacola1987rolacola1987 Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    welcome to ds :D:D:D
    To start with I really could not stand Rachel, I thought she was one of the worst contestants....
    ... but as the weeks go on, she is growing on me a lot (thats not just after the sing off... i think i mentioned it last week). I think that fact that she was saved over sarah will have a negative affect on her popularity but i do still think she'll reach the semis at least
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's actually growing on me. Also, did anyone else notice her Phantom of the Opera necklace? It's so cool. I really want one.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,007
    Forum Member
    I think I've made it clear I don't like Rachel that much. I want to like her, I really do. I just can't seem to connect with her. That said, her singoff performance was outstanding. Obviously the fact Sarah's left the competiton means I'm generally pretty gutted, but the sing-off was the first time I've watched/listened to Rachel perform and thought "she's really good". If next week she can perform her solo number with as much passion and as strong a vocal as she managed in that sing off, who knows what will happen to my opinion?

It will be interesting to watch her Nancy Diaries on the website this week because so far she seems like to only contestant we've not really gotten to "know". I do hope she's able to make me warm to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaLaLaur wrote: »
    I think I've made it clear I don't like Rachel that much. I want to like her, I really do. I just can't seem to connect with her. That said, her singoff performance was outstanding. Obviously the fact Sarah's left the competiton means I'm generally pretty gutted, but the sing-off was the first time I've watched/listened to Rachel perform and thought "she's really good". If next week she can perform her solo number with as much passion and as strong a vocal as she managed in that sing off, who knows what will happen to my opinion?

It will be interesting to watch her Nancy Diaries on the website this week because so far she seems like to only contestant we've not really gotten to "know". I do hope she's able to make me warm to her.

I completely agree with all of this post, my thoughts exactly!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do quite like Rachel actually and I'd rather see her win the role than a couple of girls who are left in there. I can see why people may be a bit put off because of the way she comes over in the VT's but I always felt a bit like this towards Connie and Lee, though that could have just been me. I think she's just preparing herself for if she does win the competition.

And as much as I love Sarah, I don't think any blame can be put on Rachel for being saved. I think neither of them deserved to be in the bottom 2 but that's how it goes. Watching the sing off back I think Rachel comes across as a much stronger yet natural actress compared to Sarah. She does have a really good voice and I enjoy watching her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The very reasons that people have not taken to her are why she would make a decent Nancy.
    Forum Member
    I do quite like Rachel actually and I'd rather see her win the role than a couple of girls who are left in there. I can see why people may be a bit put off because of the way she comes over in the VT's but I always felt a bit like this towards Connie and Lee, though that could have just been me. I think she's just preparing herself for if she does win the competition.

And as much as I love Sarah, I don't think any blame can be put on Rachel for being saved. I think neither of them deserved to be in the bottom 2 but that's how it goes. Watching the sing off back I think Rachel comes across as a much stronger yet natural actress compared to Sarah. She does have a really good voice and I enjoy watching her.

you can't blame rachel for being put in that situation but some of the sarah fans will be a bit bitter, and rachel (sadly) may (not saying by everyone) be seen as the reason for that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I've said this already numerous times but her strengths are that she is gusty and determined! exactly what nancy is. Think in the results show we also saw her more vulnerable side....

They don't seem to have focused on her very much at all in the VT's. In the acting task in the Queen Vic everyone else was featured during the cockney task, but the only time Rachel was shown was really to do with how emotional Jessie was at the end of the dialogue.. All of her VT's seem to do with her competitive streak, but I think this probably is down to editing... I would like them to show the fun side to Rachel.

If this role doesn't come her way, I'm sure she'll still go onto great things!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you can't blame rachel for being put in that situation but some of the sarah fans will be a bit bitter, and rachel (sadly) may (not saying by everyone) be seen as the reason for that

I can completely understand why people would be upset. Lewis, my favourite last year got the brunt of it when Daniel was voted off, which was much worse I can tell you! :p

Hopefully this may have come as something of a 'shock to the system' and she works her backside off this week to do a great performance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I'm a bitter Sarah fan, I don't really have any bitterness against Rachel - my anger is more channeled towards ALW in general (and to several Nancys who I felt should have been in the bottom 2 instead of either Sarah or Rachel). Though I hadn't liked Rachel much, I don't have any hard feelings towards her.

I was actually quite moved by Rachel yesterday - before she always left me cold and her acting came across as fake. But I'm thinking that perhaps I have been too harsh on Rachel in the past; maybe the fact that she doesn't connect with me was because of her intensity and focused-ness in getting the role, rather than necessarily being aloof/overcompetitive/arrogant etc. I think she's a nice lass really but she doesn't quite know how to endear herself to the public. I'll be watching her closely in the next few weeks and if she impresses me as much as she did in the singoff, then I might even become a supporter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    shaunie93 were you by any chance in the audience on Saturday night?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never used to be able to stand Rachel, but the sing off has completely changed my mind. She was amazing in it, and her voice was full of emotion. It was just great and I'm looking forward to her performance next Saturday, hopefully it'll be as good as her sing off performance :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I wasn't in the live show on Saturday night! although i would love to go and see it for real but does anyone know how to get tickets or something to get in?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaunie93 wrote: »
    I wasn't in the live show on Saturday night! although i would love to go and see it for real but does anyone know how to get tickets or something to get in?

I think they've sold out unfortunately; my friend and I tried to get tickets and there were none left. :(
    Forum Member
    Awww thats ashame! Thanks for letting me know Holly Oaks.
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    It's nice to see that people on here are being open minded and even changing their minds rather than all that, "my favourite is better than your favourite" stuff you sometimes get on internet forums.

Rachel has been in my top three from the get go, but I marked her down this week because her voice cracked a bit on her solo song. Cruel, I know, but the final is getting closer!
    I still rate her highly, though.
    And I am rather shocked she got so few votes, I really am.
    Forum Member
    Breaking news... i have just decided if jodie doesnt win, i want rachel to win (just realised these are the only competitors over the age of 19... thats quite sad and i now feel old :( )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,007
    Forum Member
    Breaking news... i have just decided if jodie doesnt win, i want rachel to win (just realised these are the only competitors over the age of 19... thats quite sad and i now feel old :( )

Isn't Ashley twenty-something? :confused:
    Forum Member

I forgot about her, i though i was missing someone oopsie :o:o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She's 24, according to the IDA website :)
    Forum Member
    Hey
    Does anyone know where i can send fanmail to Rachel as i saw a video blog of Ashley with her fanmail. i really want to show Rachel my support especially after saturday night i think she really needs positive feedback off her fans and the people who voted for her.
    I would be really greatful for somebodys help! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    I like Rachel but she doesn't seem to be very popular. I think she's an all rounder, consistent in her performance, and I think she can pull off Nancy without too much trouble. However, I think she lacks the amorphous factors which keeps her in people's minds in positive ways. Jodie has personality. Jessie has 'raw talent' and that hair. Sam is pretty. Rachel has talent and experience and the past ability to pull off a performance. However, that doesn't show as easily as the quirks of the other contestants. Most unfortunate.
  • QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    Hey
    Does anyone know where i can send fanmail to Rachel as i saw a video blog of Ashley with her fanmail. i really want to show Rachel my support especially after saturday night i think she really needs positive feedback off her fans and the people who voted for her.

It's been said on previous threads that the girls and/or their families read these boards. So you might get your message across posting here.

If not, send something to your favourite at I'd Do Anything c/o BBC TV Centre (google the address...Wood Lane but can't remember the post code!) and I'm sure it would get passed on.

EDIT: Googled it myself! BBC TV Centre, Wood Lane, London W12 7RJ
  • rebecca87rebecca87 Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel is my favourite now Sarah has gone. She has a great voice and was incredible in that sing off. It's a pity people are so easily manipulated by the editing and seem to think she's a horrible person. My friend's dad has something to do with music in Northern Ireland (not quite sure what he does) and says that Rachel is one of the nicest people he's ever met.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Hey

I think Rachel would really appreciate that!:) The girls receive all fan mail which is posted to BBC Television Centre.

Rachel Tucker
    "I'd do anything"
    BBC Television Centre
    Wood Lane
    London
    W12 7RJ