Options

Family Guy Season 8

stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it me, or has BBC been slow to premiere Family Guy Season 8? Anyone know if and when its due?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a clue, and doesn't even look like starting soon, especially when the last series was under way by this time.

I really think they could seriously damage their ratings if they wait too long, as those who want to see it can do surprisingly easily online. This is the main reason we now get US shows within a week of the US, rather than months or years in some cases.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    OnMacca wrote: »
    Not a clue, and doesn't even look like starting soon, especially when the last series was under way by this time.

I really think they could seriously damage their ratings if they wait too long, as those who want to see it can do surprisingly easily online. This is the main reason we now get US shows within a week of the US, rather than months or years in some cases.

dont know but have the bbc got the rights to the new series or could it be going to e4 after the cleavland show has finished airing, or with it being by the same people will bbc only be able to show new family guy after the cleavland show has finished its run? I really havent got a clue just some guesses
  • Options
    burchybabiburchybabi Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Saw an advert on BBC3 last night promoting a Family Guy weekend to kick off the new series.

I am guessing the new episodes will be in the usual 10pm Sunday slot but nothing confirmed on the advert, just that it was coming soon

Was tempted to acquire the new episodes as its taken them a while to get round to showing them but I think I can wait now :D
  • Options
    burchybabiburchybabi Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Just a little update on my last post incase anyone is interested and hasnt seen the adverts etc yet...

Family Guy weekend starts this Saturday on BBC3, including lots of old episodes on both Saturday and Sunday, a Top 20 characters special and the Alex and Seth Almost Live Comedy Special that aired mid-season in the US

All of this leading up to the first two new episodes of UK Season 9(8 in the US) starting at 10pm on Sunday night
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    burchybabi wrote: »
    Just a little update on my last post incase anyone is interested and hasnt seen the adverts etc yet...

Family Guy weekend starts this Saturday on BBC3, including lots of old episodes on both Saturday and Sunday, a Top 20 characters special and the Alex and Seth Almost Live Comedy Special that aired mid-season in the US

All of this leading up to the first two new episodes of UK Season 9(8 in the US) starting at 10pm on Sunday night

Nice, about time (even though I've already watched most of the new stuff). :)
  • Options
    Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well C4 poached The Simpsons from the BBC when they already had Futurama, it wouldn't be a shock if that happened again to show FG/CS/AD triple-bills etc etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    burchybabi wrote: »

Hurrah, great news, though the Alex and Seth Special got panned in the US, especially for some near the knuckle jokes. As for the top 20, really not sure who will be top, it'll be either Peter or Stewie, maybe even Brian as a long shot.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's finished in America now. I watch it online and there hasn't been a new episode for a month.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    OnMacca wrote: »
    Hurrah, great news, though the Alex and Seth Special got panned in the US, especially for some near the knuckle jokes. As for the top 20, really not sure who will be top, it'll be either Peter or Stewie, maybe even Brian as a long shot.

I thought that the special was pretty funny, it's worth it just for the "Gregory Peck auditions for Transformers" bit!
    Aneechik wrote: »
    I think it's finished in America now. I watch it online and there hasn't been a new episode for a month.

It's not finished yet. There was a new episode last sunday. It was an hour long 150th episode special, and there are at least 4 more episodes to air (including the tv premiere of 'Something, Something, Something Dark Side') before the end of the season.

EDIT: Just checked Tv.com, and there are 4 episodes left in the season, but only 3 episodes left to air, because episode 21 is the controversial abortion episode that Fox are refusing to air.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    EDIT: Just checked Tv.com, and there are 4 episodes left in the season, but only 3 episodes left to air, because episode 21 is the controversial abortion episode that Fox are refusing to air.
    I wonder if the BBC will air that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first two episodes of the new season are on BBC3 this Sunday as part of the Family Guy weekend.

I've already seen the Brian/ Stewie Multiverse episode on the internet though. The Disney Universe is one of my all time favourite FG moments!
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    The first two episodes of the new season are on BBC3 this Sunday as part of the Family Guy weekend.

I've already seen the Brian/ Stewie Multiverse episode on the internet though. The Disney Universe is one of my all time favourite FG moments!

Thanks- you rock Sir! :)