Beaver Falls series 2

thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
Forum Member
[URL="E4 http://www.thetvking.com/news/429/beaver-falls-series-2-e4-air-date/"]Beaver Falls series 2 will air on Monday 6th August at 10PM[/URL] for 6 episodes on E4.

I will be watching. I hope it is as enjoyable as series 1.

Comments

• widgerwidger Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God, this was dire! I can't believe they managed to commission a second series.
  • sparklezsparklez Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's brilliant! Who's watching?
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed Series 1 (I didn't even know there was another series), but I am watching this primarily for Samuel Robertson (and the girl who used to play Vicky in EE). :D
  • sparklezsparklez Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! Didn't know she was in it :)
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she seems to have adopted the same terrible American accent she had in Eastenders too. lol
  • dodgyONEdodgyONE Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I gave up after the first series panned out. But I was wondering... why isn't the lead character dead or in a vegetative state or whatever by now? I thought he only had so long to live. Has he found a miracle cure?
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen about 5 mins so far - is it good? I saw series 1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    dodgyONE wrote: »
    I gave up after the first series panned out. But I was wondering... why isn't the lead character dead or in a vegetative state or whatever by now? I thought he only had so long to live. Has he found a miracle cure?

No, they said it was likely he would end up like Steven Hawking. No time frame was given, but it was implied that he didn't have long before it happened. They did say that he had lost the use of his arm. (Not sure why it was in a cast though, surely they'd use a sling if anything).

I rather enjoyed it though, sure it's not exactly that realistic, but that's not really an issue. I much prefer it to The Inbetweeners (I dislike awkward comedy, just find it painful to watch and not really that funny)
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up with the first episode of the second series and really enjoyed it! Lots of little storylines been set up already, with plenty of funny moments as well. It's ratings were awful on monday though so it's pretty much gaurenteed to be the last series :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    I missed Series 1 (I didn't even know there was another series), but I am watching this primarily for Samuel Robertson (and the girl who used to play Vicky in EE). :D

I saw him in the pub once and he was an absolute tool. I watched the first series and it was ok, but I can't put the enjoy the second one without having the urge to punch the screen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    smile371 wrote: »
    Just caught up with the first episode of the second series and really enjoyed it! Lots of little storylines been set up already, with plenty of funny moments as well. It's ratings were awful on monday though so it's pretty much gaurenteed to be the last series :(
    Don't be too panicked, it's been suggested that ratings will pick up when the BBC's Olympics coverage ends on Sunday.

It's worth noting that there are a few repeats that will add to the number, and it's likely that the decision will not be made on ratings alone. It's currently on 4oD's most popular section. The Season 1 DVD comes out soon.

Also, looking at a few recent E4 shows, PhoneShop got a renewal at 190k for it's last series premiere. Beaver Falls got 181k on Monday.

Whilst I wouldn't be concerned yet, it's shot in South Africa so is presumably fairly expensive and if it goes any lower for more than a week, I'd assume it's gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Just caught up on Mondays new ep yesterday. Amazing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the 1st series but this is rubbish.

British actors with terrible American accents, Terrible actors, Rubbish storylines.