90's Dance Classics I haven't heard in years across UK Radio now streaming online

watfordjunctionwatfordjunction Posts: 346
Forum Member
It looks like the 'famous' Megamix Events Radio are playing all the famous 90's dance floor classics.

Not sure why Megamix Radio have abandoned the 80's music which I throughly enjoyed and gone for the 90's stuff, but the imaging sounds pretty good. I've been listening for the past few hours and although they play some good tunes, the odd song or two sound awful I do wonder who purchased this music in the 90's lol

It's strange that so many people seem to slate the 90's music, but listening to some of these tracks which I have not heard for years on any commercial station most of the tunes actually sound pretty good. These are some of the dance classics Absolute 90's should be playing, but refuse to which is a great shame as many of the tunes are popular even today.

Comments

• Mr RadioMr Radio Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will forever love 90's dance :) my favs were/are Cappella, Culture Beat, 2 Unlimited, Haddaway, Corona, Ace of Base, Jinny, La Bouche, The Shamen, Dr Alban, Clock, Utah Saints, Adamski, Black Box, Captain Hollywood...
  • watfordjunctionwatfordjunction Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Mr Radio wrote: »
    I will forever love 90's dance :) my favs were/are Cappella, Culture Beat, 2 Unlimited, Haddaway, Corona, Ace of Base, Jinny, La Bouche, The Shamen, Dr Alban, Clock, Utah Saints, Adamski, Black Box, Captain Hollywood...

Wow good choice! Actually some of the ones you've mentioned have recently been played :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow good choice! Actually some of the ones you've mentioned have recently been played :)

I would love there to be a 90's dance station available on DAB it would be great even a dance station that just played dance even if some was from the present. Too many so called dance stations play a mix of dance and RNB and I am not into Rihanna, Beyonce etc
    Forum Member
    Wow it seems they have live DJ's just called the request number on the page and spoke to somebody and they're playing my tune!

I was getting a bit worried as the pre-recorded voice said I was been transferred to web cam recruitment lol

Soulsearcher 'Can't get enough' :D
    Forum Member
    Mr Radio wrote: »
    I would love there to be a 90's dance station available on DAB it would be great even a dance station that just played dance even if some was from the present. Too many so called dance stations play a mix of dance and RNB and I am not into Rihanna, Beyonce etc

I agree! Dance music was born in the 90's and some of the old school and dance dance anthems are amazing. This is why Absolute 90's on DAB will soon fail, because the most important genre of music for the 90's they refuse to play :confused:

But a dance station would be brill
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow it seems they have live DJ's just called the request number on the page and spoke to somebody and they're playing my tune!

I was getting a bit worried as the pre-recorded voice said I was been transferred to web cam recruitment lol

Soulsearcher 'Can't get enough' :D

Classic! Great choice!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree! Dance music was born in the 90's and some of the old school and dance dance anthems are amazing. This is why Absolute 90's on DAB will soon fail, because the most important genre of music for the 90's they refuse to play :confused:

Agreed! I brought all the Dance Mania double cassette alums in the 90s! :cool:
  • Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You mean the genre that produced music that sounded dated as soon as it was released and made the pop charts unlistenable?
    Forum Member
    You mean the genre that produced music that sounded dated as soon as it was released and made the pop charts unlistenable?

Plenty of dance music from the 90's are still played even today on Kiss, Heart, Heat, and played throughout thousands of clubs in the UK.

Ministry of Sound have even brought out plenty of Old School and 90's Dance Classic CD's which have been a huge commercial success.

http://www.ministryofsound.com/shop/product/music/43657/anthems-90s/
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL most of it was pretty forgettable and most of the acts consisted of a couple of faceless dancers and some 19 year old girl singing a one line song. I'm surprised anyone would want to hear rubbish like Oceanic again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plenty of dance music from the 90's are still played even today on Kiss, Heart, Heat, and played throughout thousands of clubs in the UK.

Ministry of Sound have even brought out plenty of Old School and 90's Dance Classic CD's which have been a huge commercial success.

http://www.ministryofsound.com/shop/product/music/43657/anthems-90s/
    And all 3 are pretty crap radio stations.
    Forum Member

I agree with two of them
    Forum Member

So what station do you deem to be best then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what station do you deem to be best then?
    Radio 2 and 6 Music. Yes I know they both play some Dance music but they are not perfect.
  • GenesysGenesys Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Watford - stop coming on here promoting rubbish bedroom stations.

Your a repetitive as some of the radio stations that get bashed on here!!
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    It looks like the 'famous' Megamix Events Radio are playing all the famous 90's dance floor classics.

Not sure why Megamix Radio have abandoned the 80's music which I throughly enjoyed and gone for the 90's stuff, but the imaging sounds pretty good. I've been listening for the past few hours and although they play some good tunes, the odd song or two sound awful I do wonder who purchased this music in the 90's lol

It's strange that so many people seem to slate the 90's music, but listening to some of these tracks which I have not heard for years on any commercial station most of the tunes actually sound pretty good. These are some of the dance classics Absolute 90's should be playing, but refuse to which is a great shame as many of the tunes are popular even today.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=63774037&postcount=1 Inactive.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=64510009&postcount=1 Inactive.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=61041167&postcount=1 Inactive.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=56908341&postcount=1 Inactive.
    Forum Member
    Radio 2 and 6 Music. Yes I know they both play some Dance music but they are not perfect.

There is nothing wrong with dance music...lol

I would assume many pubs, clubs and holiday destinations would probably close if there was no such thing as 'dance' music.
    Forum Member
    Genesys wrote: »
    Watford - stop coming on here promoting rubbish bedroom stations.

Your a repetitive as some of the radio stations that get bashed on here!!

We're having a good conversation here about 90's music and dance floor classics, we've been through this before!
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    We're having a good conversation here about 90's music and dance floor classics, we've been through this before!

We know!!
    Forum Member
    Technohead I want to be hippy!

OMG.. I haven't heard that song since I was a teen that does bring back some memories. This station would sound fab on DAB :D
    Forum Member
    Watford - You haven't set up a thread to just discuss 90's dance music - your objective was to promote yet another pointless internet stream.

No one is interested in these wannabe, pretend radio streams of you and your friends.

Your constant threads are boring, predictable and pointless and to be fair I for one have just about had enough with you, and moronic people like you.
  • Crapital FartCrapital Fart Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    The best dance music station ever is this

http://ministryofsound.com/radioplayer

MINISTRY OF SOUND RADIO
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Genesys wrote: »
    No one is interested in these wannabe, pretend radio streams of you and your friends.

You might not be interested, however others might be.

Don't try to assume what other people might or might not like based on your own opinion....

If you don't like what is being posted in this thread, move on.

Not hard is it :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    I hate forums being used to drum up attention for "Bedroom FM"
    This guy does this every couple of weeks and I for one am sick of it.