Options

Dexter: Melodramatic And Insincere To The Point Of Nausea

Tillymint82Tillymint82 Posts: 946
Forum Member
✭✭
Why is Dexter so cringeworthingly over dramatic.

He is wanting to come across a sincere and emotional but he's melodramatic, over the top and he really makes my teeth itch!

I hate the way he constantly eludes to being a changed man by the experience. It's like he's saying what he thinks the public want him to say

He's insincere to the point of nausea and I cannot believe people want to crown him

Comments

• Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He is wanting to come across a sincere and emotional but he's melodramatic, over the top and he really makes my teeth itch!

I hate the way he constantly eludes to being a changed man by the experience. It's like he's saying what he thinks the public want him to say

He's insincere to the point of nausea and I cannot believe people want to crown him

should be honest and stop talking in riddles
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed
  • Options
    dorsetwaspdorsetwasp Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least he's not boring and one dimensional. Many have found him interesting and intriguing - enough to keep them watching when they would otherwise have switched off. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I think he's a bit ott, as he is afraid. Don't matter tho he's been a brilliant housemate and deserves to win imo.
  • Options
    MummyNutNutMummyNutNut Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find ginger helps or peppermint tea
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. It's like he's reading from a really bad daytime soap script. How anyone can think he's genuine is beyond me.

I understand that might be popular with those who enjoy a gameplayer but he bores the arse off me. As I watch bb as 'reality tv', not a gameshow, I find him a waste of a Hm; nothing real about him.

I actually keep forgetting he's in there, so it's weird for me reading how popular he is and how 'he's made the show'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. It's like he's reading from a really bad daytime soap script. How anyone can think he's genuine is beyond me.

I understand that might be popular with those who enjoy a gameplayer but he bores the arse of me. As I watch bb as 'reality tv', not a gameshow, I find him a waste of a Hm; nothing real about him.

I actually keep forgetting he's in there, so it's weird for me reading how popular he is and how 'he's made the show'.

Same here he's bored the liver out of me
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Proper cringey
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    How Melodramatic is this thread title
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorsetwasp wrote: »
    Well at least he's not boring and one dimensional. Many have found him interesting and intriguing - enough to keep them watching when they would otherwise have switched off. :)

He has intrigued me, all the changes......who is he, what is he......a puzzle......that's Dexter......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stargate03 wrote: »
    How Melodramatic is this thread title

Yay am I a forum favourite now too?
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dexter was right about making a good politician, though. He never answers a question, he just skirts around it and waffles on about 'processes' and 'journeys'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care if he wins or not, no skin off my nose, but he really is a cheesy wee runt.

And the biggest liar we have ever had in the history of the show.ut a

But he has kept me ranting at the telly for a few weeks, and without that other massive gameplayer Gina, the series would have been over weeks ago.

Changed days - BB is no longer the social experiment it was, and us old buffers have to move with the times sadly.
  • Options
    hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

he`ll grow up one day..in the meantime he`s cringeworthy to the point of extreme:eek:
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You obviously dont understand him then.
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find ginger helps or peppermint tea

:D:D:D
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I understand that might be popular with those who enjoy a gameplayer but he bores the arse off me. As I watch bb as 'reality tv', not a gameshow, I find him a waste of a Hm; nothing real about him.

You keep forgetting Dexter is in the house?:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    should be honest and stop talking in riddles

Absolutely but that's his inconfidence? He overthinks everything when he's talking about himself in order to leave the gangway to the exits clear. He doesn't seem to hold back however when giving his view on others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dexters opinions are fake
  • Options
    Fink-NottleFink-Nottle Posts: 60,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He may have more sides than a 50p piece, but his shallowness makes him one-dimensional to me. He seems to operate in a moral vacuum, but his attitude has been challenged and, perhaps, the nihilist who entered the house may have gained an awareness about truth and loyalty.
  • Options
    Noisy OysterNoisy Oyster Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He may have more sides than a 50p piece, but his shallowness makes him one-dimensional to me. He seems to operate in a moral vacuum, but his attitude has been challenged and, perhaps, the nihilist who entered the house may have gained an awareness about truth and loyalty.

That's a really interesting post, describes Dexter to a T. Even though he shows different sides to his personality - the tears when he's saved from eviction, the adoration of Charlie, the conflict with Callum and Sam, friendship with Gina, the tall stories, he still doesn't seem to have any real depth of character.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    You keep forgetting Dexter is in the house?:eek:

:o Yeah. Did it again last night on here. Had to edit my post to include him as I'd left him out, having completely forgotten about him.

Had high hopes for him to start but he's a disappointment. I think he's overhyped and overrated. Not sure what he's supposed to have done that's so entertaining. And those nonsensical chats with Charlie...snack time!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    If you find Dexter and Charlie cringey, avert your eyes from Sam's declaration of love to Gina:eek:
    C.R.I.N.G.E.
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member

I agree with everything you have just said..am catching up on last 2 nights BB and was just feeling exactly the same as you..everyone speaks normally..Dexter sounds like a textbook.
  • Options
    Colbert BumpColbert Bump Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭