2»

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulsh1 wrote: »
    One observation about the ending...
    Did anyone think it was a bit odd that the helicopter pilot wasn't surprised or suspicious to be picking up a woman considering the high security!

Although I'm pretty sure that it has been set up for a sequal.Robot In The City?

Well ..
    I did find that quite strange as well, but then, to be fair, we weren't shown any interaction between them so she could well have spun him a story about why she was there and Caleb wasn't. I like the ideal of the sequel though :D
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There isn't going to be a sequel. Alex Garland has ruled it out. Good move in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    There isn't going to be a sequel. Alex Garland has ruled it out. Good move in my opinion.

I imagine Paul was just having a laugh with his sequel idea :)

They really shouldn't do a sequel though, although I suspect Garland wouldn't have a lot of control over the situation if the studio decided they wanted to do one.
  • Options
    AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well ..
    I did find that quite strange as well, but then, to be fair, we weren't shown any interaction between them so she could well have spun him a story about why she was there and Caleb wasn't. I like the ideal of the sequel though :D
    Well, if you were the pilot expecting Caleb and Ava turned up, I'm sure you'd not question it too much either. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asarualim wrote: »
    Well, if you were the pilot expecting Caleb and Ava turned up, I'm sure you'd not question it too much either. :)

You're not wrong there :)
  • Options
    MmmbopMmmbop Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this last night. Favourite film of the last 12 months or so. Fascinating, tense, thought-provoking and visually brilliant. Will be looking out for any future Alex Garland work.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed this. No real surprises as I am familiar with the field, and a few off notes, but mostly it was a pleasure to watch. As for a sequel:
    I reckon her battery ran down a few minutes after the end and she had no way to recharge it. The only people who understood her well enough to help, are dead.

Aside from that, I think humanity dodged a bullet. At the end she seemed like an intelligent but psychopathic human: dangerous, but no more than other humans. Had the guy continued, the next model would have been better and probably more able to enslave humanity.

I have to say, if I was in his position, I would not want key-card security in my own home. If he locked himself out of his room, he'd be stuff. Even as a guest I wouldn't have been happy about it. Suppose there's a fire and the fire causes a power-cut?
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I will have to see it then..its the first time a trailer on tv has intrigued me..and thanks for the spoiler tags folks that's very considerate :) thumbs up etc.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks as if it did poorly at the UK box office - I have at least a dozen cinemas within 20 miles of me and only one of them is showing it this week - and that at 21:30
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Looks as if it did poorly at the UK box office - I have at least a dozen cinemas within 20 miles of me and only one of them is showing it this week - and that at 21:30

The film's been out for a few weeks. Still had regular showings at my local Cineworld this week.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw it last Wednesday - at the *only* showing at the local Vue for the entire week (a late show!). Would have gone to the Picturehouse, but they'd already ditched it (or never had it on, which would be odd if so).

Loved it, anyway :)
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched this twice over the weekend and loved it.

It's such an intriguing film (as are the actors) and you never know where it's going.

Imo, the CGI is groundbreaking to the extent that you accept what you are seeing is real and sit back and enjoy the film.

I'm upping my rating in the 'Last movie you watched' thread from 7.5 to 8.