Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just made my first twitter post and now some unknown person wants to follow me. And my post was nothing profound or insightful. What's up with that. :littlecreepedout:
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I know I've mentioned it before but Smooth FM. For the last couple for weeks we've had the radio on at work and Smooth FM is making me want to throw myself out the window. :(

Before we had the radio I hadn't heard "More Than A Woman" for about 10 years, I've heard it at least 8 times in the last couple of weeks. I'd never heard the original "Emotions" before, only the Destiny's Child cover, I've heard that about 9 times. They even played "My Heart Will Go On" at least 3 times, I'm pretty sure that song is illegal after the Titanic hype (or should be). >:( >:(

But everyone else seems to be enjoying it, I don't want to be a killjoy. I just want something with an occasional beat.
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fashion coverage of the Oscars..........people posing on red carpets in a blatant act of childlike showing off and braindead interviewers asking them what they are wearing as if it is of some great importance or interest.:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fashion coverage of the Oscars..........people posing on red carpets in a blatant act of childlike showing off and braindead interviewers asking them what they are wearing as if it is of some great importance or interest.:cry:

I know! If your films half decent I'll watch it, but I couldn't care less about you or your latest stupid hairstyle.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smooth Radio.
    Telling us we are listening to Smooth Radio after EVERY F***ING record.
    They play a record. "You're listening to Smooth Radio" A record. "You're listening to Smooth Radio" etc etc
    Or "You're listening to - insert dj's name - on Smooth Radio" after every record.
    I KNOW It's Smooth Radio ! I selected the station to listen to !!
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate people on forums about certain shows, when they will use the actors real names instead of the characters names. 90% of the time I don't know or care what their real names are and I haven't got the time or the patience to look up the actors/characters names. Wish they wouldn't do it, it is just so pretentious, like making out they actually know the actors!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you open a new box or bag of tea bags, and the tea bags are stuck together in pairs.
    You try to separate the tea bags and the bag rips and there are tea leaves all over the kitchen floor !
    Is it THAT hard for the factory to separate the bags ??
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    We're doing a "bake off" to raise money for children in need at work. We have lots of excellent bakers here so anything to do with cakes it always welcome. One of the women in my office made a chocolate cake for yesterday and she's still going on about it. You'd think she'd reinvented cake making! It was a packet mix! >:(
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I absolutely hate companies who get your hopes up. Same old story, ya go to the interview they like you and your work. They set you a task, you do it well they send you a very positive sounding email saying how much they like your work and that they'll be in touch soon.
    And what happens, I end up chasing them down by sending an email asking if they have made a decision regarding the job and they reply with a big fat NOTHING.

I am SO god damned sick of this.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

Tell me about it! It should be about the movies themselves and not the latest dress or hairstyle someone is wearing. Does anyone really care about the clothes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Relly wrote: »
    That noise makes me feel sick. It's snot at the back of the throat, and it makes me gag. :D:blush:

In our family we call it "snarking" and yes it makes me nauseous even thinking about it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can go into our kitchen and cook a full roast dinner from scratch without bothering anyone at all. You wouldn't even know I was in the kitchen, but if my wife starts cooking anything, it's "Andy this, Andy that" every two bloody minutes !
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought 'What are you wearing?' only worked over the phone.
  • cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    Interactive Adverts when Watching ITV Player or 4OD where you have to select one of several adverts to play. I don't care which hot chocolate the skinny grinning woman is going to drink! Just get on with it for f$ck sake :mad:

Urgh, yes! I keep getting one for Burberry perfume that is monogrammed with my initials: does anyone really give a toss? I think not.
    I thought 'What are you wearing?' only worked over the phone.

Accompanied with lots of heavy breathing :p
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I always laugh when the interviewer asks "who are you wearing? I want someone to say 'my f***kin' kids, they're always on my back'
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate people on forums about certain shows, when they will use the actors real names instead of the characters names. 90% of the time I don't know or care what their real names are and I haven't got the time or the patience to look up the actors/characters names. Wish they wouldn't do it, it is just so pretentious, like making out they actually know the actors!

I second that AND when a poster references whatsername from Corrie or 'oh look it's whatsisname from towie. I don'twatch soaps and I don't watch crap TV. Really gets on my nerves.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The intensely irritating and repetitive "adverts" between programmes on the BBC.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Just made my first twitter post and now some unknown person wants to follow me. And my post was nothing profound or insightful. What's up with that. :littlecreepedout:

Surely that is why you 'tweet' though?
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Surely that is why you 'tweet' though?
    does someone have to follow you to be able to tweet to you ?
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    I second that AND when a poster references whatsername from Corrie or 'oh look it's whatsisname from towie. I don'twatch soaps and I don't watch crap TV. Really gets on my nerves.

I also find that annoying - when some celeb is mentioned and I have no idea who they are and have to google them :kitty:
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I tried to avoid most of that but caught some of it. To be honest the PA girls and others trying to sort everything out in the background were dressed better and better looking than most of the 'stars'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can go into our kitchen and cook a full roast dinner from scratch without bothering anyone at all. You wouldn't even know I was in the kitchen, but if my wife starts cooking anything, it's "Andy this, Andy that" every two bloody minutes !

My O/H has only ONE job per week and that's taking out the rubbish for the binman. You have never heard such a racket at 6.00 am every Wednesday, all the house/garden lights on, banging and crashing, front door wide open, back gate crashing about and the crowning thing, the dog follows him out and he is "whispering" very loudly at it to mind the road.

The last three months he has had a bad leg, so I do it, quietly shut the dog in the back garden and then carry out the rubbish and put in in the drive. Problem solved.

When I am cooking he will keep coming into the kitchen, "did you call me?", is it ready yet? what are you cooking? It drives me insane. Of course, if he makes a cup of tea he keeps asking if my tea is alright, and if he makes a sandwich you would think he has just catered for thousands! Never see him in the kitchen when there is clearing up to do, even washing the breakfast things seems to be beyond him.

Andy, your wife is just so lucky, I would love a home cooked meal, cooked by someone else!
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trivial but when newspapers refer to Beyoncé and Rihanna as Bey and Ri ri..........are these really the shortforms of their names that they use themselves ( I suspect not) and if not why on earth are the papers using them........the 2 names make me cringe without fail everytime I read them..............Bey and Ri Ri !!!!!!!?????????? Eeeeeeeeeeeek!>:(
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »

I guess you didn't fully understand twitter before you signed up! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That I can't stop saying "It is known".
This discussion has been closed.