Options

My Digital Spy profile on google search

Miriams SisterMiriams Sister Posts: 7,967
Forum Member
When I type my username on here into Google search I see this site and anyone can go into my profile and see all previous posts and threads made by me. Is there a way to stop people from seeing my old posts and threads?

Comments

• Options
    hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, unfortunately not.
  • Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as far as I am aware - surely the whole point of a forum is that your contributions can be viewed by many others?
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I type my username on here into Google search I see this site and anyone can go into my profile and see all previous posts and threads made by me. Is there a way to stop people from seeing my old posts and threads?
    Probably not but if you're embarrassed you could just stop posting things to public forums from now on :)
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    I know how old you are anyway :D
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member

No, it's there forever now. Well, until DS wipes it, and even then it'll be around somewhere.

It's quite a shock when you do a Google search on a big story and a post of yours comes up on the first page!
  • Options
    4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely anyone can come on DS forum, so what's the difference?
  • Options
    ubanjodubanjod Posts: 4,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How would anyone know who you are? Please don't tell me your real name is Miriams Sister?

Your username is the FIFTH hit on google and there is only one on the first page.
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who else would be googling it anyway besides ur self
  • Options
    Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member

Your post makes no sense at all. Anyone can join DS and within a click or two they can see any posts/threads you've made.
  • Options
    Miriams SisterMiriams Sister Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »
    Your post makes no sense at all. Anyone can join DS and within a click or two they can see any posts/threads you've made.

I'm not bothered about any members of DS reading my stuff.

I stupidly chose this name when I joined and family members have found out so can see my opinions and comments. I can't change my name. I just wondered if it was possible to block them viewing but it doesn't look possible so that is that.

And Richard 46, I know that you know and I know how old you are too xx
  • Options
    4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Click on contact us, go to forum support query, then click on user name change request.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stupidly chose this name when I joined and family members have found out so can see my opinions and comments.
    I hardly think your views on new fragrance Lenor and how to clean the inside of a teapot are going to be the basis of any family fallouts.
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hardly think your views on new fragrance Lenor and how to clean the inside of a teapot are going to be the basis of any family fallouts.
    I would also imagine that their family already knows more about them than they could learn from DS :)
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh my god :D:D:D
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I just typed my username in. It's the first result but several other websites come up where the username cnbcwatcher is used, but none of them are mine.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just typed my username in. It's the first result but several other websites come up where the username cnbcwatcher is used, but none of them are mine.

You should organise a cnbcwatcher conference. And watch cnbc with your forum brethren. Before forming an army.
  • Options
    Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member

:D:D:D
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member

First result is me when I type my username into Google. :D

I won't let it go to my head and change me. I'll just carry on being Lyri from the block (actually a terraced street in a rough part of Nottingham) and stay in my 'hood (which I actually moved out of over 30 years ago, but why let the truth get in the way of the myth that is me?).

* Realises it's gone to his head.* :o
  • Options
    unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's more of you?:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That'd why my username has nothing to connect me to me
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Dammit, I used my real name. :o
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Dammit, I used my real name. :o

Please name your first/next child Play.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    solarflare wrote: »
    Please name your first/next child Play.

:D:D Good plan!
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine comes up 4th on Google but there are other kaz159's out there.

Bizarrely a kaz157 came up first, something to do with poker.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Google tells me there is a fake me on twitter.