Katherine Jenkins

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone looking forward to her singing ? (I presume that is what she will be doing.)

Comments

• DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't mind KJ.
    Guess it will be something appropriate for Remembrance Sunday.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice looking woman but I can't stand her singing..does nothing for me I'm afraid
  • Rosie PrimroseRosie Primrose Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    Anyone looking forward to her singing ? (I presume that is what she will be doing.)

Nope!
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her. :)
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her diction is awful
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot abide her singing, sorry, so the telly will be on mute while she's on. I hope we get a professional dance to go with it though :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillypanda wrote: »
    I cannot abide her singing, sorry, so the telly will be on mute while she's on. I hope we get a professional dance to go with it though :)

Thank GOD, I'm not alone. I cannot for the life of me see why she is lauded as being a good singer.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petertard wrote: »

Katherine Jenkins is fabulous.
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Nope!

I used to like her until she decided to make more money and go the USA route (which I don't think has been successful - although she now has an American husband).

She kept saying she would study opera and do more classical music. Guess either her voice isn't good enough - or she wants to make more money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    I used to like her until she decided to make more money and go the USA route (which I don't think has been successful - although she now has an American husband).

She kept saying she would study opera and do more classical music. Guess either her voice isn't good enough - or she wants to make more money.

I was never a fan, don't like her "singing" but what really stunned me was her comments pertaining to her "non affair" with David Beckham. Now that was shocking and self serving to say the least:o
  • emjon01emjon01 Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope!

Especially not if she is going to sing "The Green Fields of France" in the way that she did on Chris Evans' Friday morning programme on R2.
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was never a fan, don't like her "singing" but what really stunned me was her comments pertaining to her "non affair" with David Beckham. Now that was shocking and self serving to say the least:o

Why write singing with quotation marks?
    You may not like her style of singing, but that doesn't mean she can't sing
    She is a beautiful talented singer
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her. :)

Yes............ Me too...........................................;-)
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preferred her when she was on Thunderbirds.

Anyway,as I'm living in Wales,she'll get my vote.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if she will befriend a consonant during her performance.
    She usually totally neglects them.
    Or maybe she will sing something really fast and difficult.
    There's always a first time.
    Or will it be the usual stream of aaaah and oooooh, while gazing vacantly into the distance.
    Expect so.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »

She is an international star, she would be crazy not to work in the American market. She explained doing their dance programme instead of Strictly Come Dancing was because the period before Christmas is very busy for her so she could not do Strictly Come Dancing.

I think she initially planned to go back to opera but found she enjoyed singing a wider range of music to a much bigger audience than the opera world. She has never claimed to be an opera singer but it is quite funny to use the word 'opera' in the Daily Mail comments section in any article about her, brings out all the KJ-haters from under wherever they lurk!
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a big fan, but hey, she will almost certainly be an improvement on 'Tony Gaga' and 'Boy' George !
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    She is an international star, she would be crazy not to work in the American market. She explained doing their dance programme instead of Strictly Come Dancing was because the period before Christmas is very busy for her so she could not do Strictly Come Dancing.

I think she initially planned to go back to opera but found she enjoyed singing a wider range of music to a much bigger audience than the opera world. She has never claimed to be an opera singer but it is quite funny to use the word 'opera' in the Daily Mail comments section in any article about her, brings out all the KJ-haters from under wherever they lurk!

She can't go back to opera as she's never been there in the first place.
  • johnanjohnan Posts: 3,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Answer to original question:

No.
    As a person or for the singing.
    Can't be bothered with her at all.
  • tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No!

I dislike her persona and have no respect for her as a singer.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    I really wish she'd have decided to have done our version rather than America.

She'd have been absolutely sensational with Artem or Pasha.
  • Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am. Love Katherine she did well in DWTS too she may give us a little dance. Heard her on radio 2 during week. Fantastic live
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »
    Why write singing with quotation marks?
    You may not like her style of singing, but that doesn't mean she can't sing
    She is a beautiful talented singer

I can put quotation(s) where I see fit and have done so in relation to her "singing".
    I don't like her style and find what comes out of her mouth, musically untalented.
    We all have different opinions, I respect yours, you respect mine.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Not really, no.

It would have been nice to have the Military Wives choir on instead. I know Katherine Jenkins is popular but she just seems quite fake to me.
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emjon01 wrote: »
    Especially not if she is going to sing "The Green Fields of France" in the way that she did on Chris Evans' Friday morning programme on R2.

Oh that's what she sang is it?
    I was listening at work and the radio switched itself off just before she started caterwauling. I've never had a radio with taste before.

By the way, the answer to the OP is no. Just in case you hadn't guessed :D.