Louis Jordan dies at 93

Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,169
Forum Member
French actor Louis Jordan has died at the age of 93, he made his Hollywood film debut in Hitchcock's The Paradine Case in 1947.

He went on to co star with Jennifer Jones in Madame Bovary, Joan Fontaine in Letter From an Unknown Woman, Doris Day in Julie, and Grace Kelly in The Swan.

Probably his most famous film was Gigi, the musical, in which he co starred with Leslie Caron.

He went on to play the villain in Octopussy.

RIP Louis!

Comments

• GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always read 'Octopussy' with his voice in my head.

He was so damn suave. 93 is a good innings. RIP.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    RIP Indeed ,sad news.

I think it was reported he was the last living french presence from the golden age of Hollywood.

Loved him in Octupussy.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,169
    Forum Member
    RIP Indeed ,sad news.

I think it was reported he was the last living french presence from the golden age of Hollywood.

Loved him in Octupussy.

Shame on me, I spelt his surname correctly in the Showbiz section, but wrong in here, it should be JOURDAN. :blush:
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw. Louis Jourdan - a definition of elegance, charm and suave, but I don't think he was ever given a chance to spread his wings, acting-wise. I think he was one of the few who were told "Just stand there and look pretty".

Regardless, his screen presence was strong enough to make him memorable to many over years. Plus, he had so much charm. Who could resist that?
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    "Go out, and get him!"
    "Out there?"
    "Go!"
    "...............yes Excellence"
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,169
    Forum Member
    He was also terrific in the all star films Three Coins in the Fountain, and The VIP's, in which he played Liz Taylor's lover.
  • TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the best Draculas.

Reposez en paix
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lovely and charming actor....RIP :(
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Reposez en paix

Yes, an ambitious production from the BBC. Jourdan brought something special to the role. Great casting.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

Reposez en paix

agreed so charming and charismatic...delightful in Gigi, you brought much pleasure, RIP.