HDR FOX T newbie

HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
Forum Member
Got mine this morning from Amazon and got it all set up and familiarised myself with it and then set a programme to record in my absence over the visit to the pub.
When I got home two hours later, the programme had finished recording at 1-20pm (on Film4) but the Humax had not switched itself back into 'Standby' which I thought it should and the legend Film4 was visible in red lettering..

My HDD DVD recorder always switches off at the end of a timed recording

Comments

• Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted by poster (once I realised this is a duplicate thread)
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Luis Essex wrote: »
    Deleted by poster (once I realised this is a duplicate thread)

Yes, already I think I have twigged its oddities now but am still sorry that the coloured ring doesn't change colour when in standby to show recording etc. Someone said earlier versions did change colour in Standby. I realise that there is a colour change, in mine, when switched out of Standby.

I did connect mine, using HDMI, yesterday but honestly could not see a great deal of difference between that and a good quality Scart connection. Maybe my Sony Bravia 32" V series is not all that dramatic with the HDMI connection.

I'll keep the Scart for the time being as it has the benefit of Auto Switching unlike the HDMI connection.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you not get the HD channels? You must be blind if you cant see a difference between scart and HDMI on those.
    Forum Member
    Do you not get the HD channels? You must be blind if you cant see a difference between scart and HDMI on those.

Yes, i get four HD channels. Guess I must be blind then. What type of programme do you watch where HD makes such a mind blowing experience and shows this difference so much?

Incidentall, do you know whether you can leave the Scart connection in place alongside the HDMI one!
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    Yes, i get four HD channels. Guess I must be blind then. What type of programme do you watch where HD makes such a mind blowing experience and shows this difference so much?
    Any HD programme should show differences. But that doesn't mean any HD channel, they dont always use the bandwidth so you may get compression artifacts which look naf.
    Incidentall, do you know whether you can leave the Scart connection in place alongside the HDMI one!
    I dont see why not. Should make showing the difference easier to see.

Scart cant even take HD though, so its a non debate.
  • hazzamonhazzamon Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    HHGTTG wrote: »

Make sure that your box is outputting over HDMI in HD resolutions - press the 'V Format' button on your remote until '1080p' appears on screen (it should cycle 576i - 720p - 1080i - 1080p).
    Forum Member
    Yes thanks, I understand that. But I ask the question again about running HDMI and SCART at the same time. Will any damage ensue? They are on different TV inputs after all.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    No damage. But the Auto-Switching to the SCART connection may be annoying if you are trying to watch on the HDMI connection (footy on ITV is the main type of programming which shows up how poor SD is compared to HD). I have my HD PVR also connected to my TV using SCART but that is via the HDD/DVD recorder so I can monitor the progress of recordings I am copying from the PVR to the DVDR. To stop it Auto-Switching away from the HDMI connection I cut Pin 8 on the SCART lead plugged into the PVR.
    Forum Member
    I like the auto switching for SWMBO. I have to consider her probs with equipment.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    Have a look at universal remote controls with Activities: One button press to watch PVR, one button press to watch DVDR etc