breaking bad

Comments

• Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was quite happy with that ending. Was also glad that they had the guts to kill Walt off on screen, as I thought they were going to bottle out of that. A great show that will be missed.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes a change to have a story that actually has a beginning, a middle and a clearly defined end. I think what happens with a lot of shows is they keep milking them while they're popular, with the inevitable result that they go on longer than their premise can hold, meaning the last series is always a disappointment.

I liked Lost a lot, for example, but there was enough great stuff in that for maybe four seasons. And there WAS some really great stuff- the S5 time-travel stuff was brilliant, but again too long. They could, and should, have told that whole story without a lot of the crap that dragged it down. It could have been wonderful; instead it was fun. Nothing wrong with fun, but... wasted potential makes me sad.

Whereas with Breaking Bad it never outstayed its welcome. It never got bogged down in its own success. It got in, it did the job, it got out again; no filler, no losing its way. It had five seasons because the story took five seasons to tell. It didn't have six or seven seasons just because the viewing figures were there.
  • LojenLojen Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonderful ending to a wonderful show. The End.
  • livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    It makes a change to have a story that actually has a beginning, a middle and a clearly defined end. I think what happens with a lot of shows is they keep milking them while they're popular, with the inevitable result that they go on longer than their premise can hold, meaning the last series is always a disappointment.

I liked Lost a lot, for example, but there was enough great stuff in that for maybe four seasons. And there WAS some really great stuff- the S5 time-travel stuff was brilliant, but again too long. They could, and should, have told that whole story without a lot of the crap that dragged it down. It could have been wonderful; instead it was fun. Nothing wrong with fun, but... wasted potential makes me sad.

Whereas with Breaking Bad it never outstayed its welcome. It never got bogged down in its own success. It got in, it did the job, it got out again; no filler, no losing its way. It had five seasons because the story took five seasons to tell. It didn't have six or seven seasons just because the viewing figures were there.

Yes this is true. I like how it was straightforward but kept its substance IYKWIM. Vince Gilligan is a genius.

I imagine Jesse will say no to drugs for good now (if he wasn't a fictional character anyway)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelley Dixon tweeted that the podcast will be late today. They are busy doing interviews etc. Although I imagine a few sore heads may be the real reason. I can see them all partying like bitches into the early hours.

My blues quickly melted away after the finale - just in awe now.

Jesse and Wendy live a happy life running the Laser Base.:D:D
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    I loved when Eliot held up the knife, Walt sighed and said "Eliot, if we're going to go there, you're going to need a bigger knife" :D

And the identity of the "hitmen" was just perfect as well.

I was absolutely beaming when he delivered that line, the whole scene was just perfect, especially when we learned the two most lethal hitmen were Badger and Skinny Pete armed with laser pens! :D:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    I was absolutely beaming when he delivered that line, the whole scene was just perfect, especially when we learned the two most lethal hitmen were Badger and Skinny Pete armed with laser pens! :D:cool:

Saul always told Walt laser tag was a sure fire winner.:D
  • mouthalmightymouthalmighty Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to think that
    Jesse has overheard the neo nazis discuss where the money is hidden and will go back when the furore has died down to retrieve it.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't read any of this, just posting to say that I am about to watch the final episode now. I'm cacking myself. I can't wait to see it but also don't want to as there'll be nothing new to watch any more. My Monday evenings are gonna be crap... :(

Right, let's do this!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Breaking Bad' Finale Scores Record 10.3 Million Viewers, 6.7 Million Adults 18-49
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/09/30/breaking-bad-finale-scores-record-10-3-million-viewers-6-7-million-adults-18-49/205634/

Some download sites crashed as people over the world downloaded it.
  • Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was the best and most complete ending to a show I think I have ever seen. No loose ends and very satisfying.

Excellent stuff, now off to watch from the beginning again.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    'Breaking Bad' Finale Scores Record 10.3 Million Viewers, 6.7 Million Adults 18-49
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/09/30/breaking-bad-finale-scores-record-10-3-million-viewers-6-7-million-adults-18-49/205634/

Some download sites crashed as people over the world downloaded it.
    Crazy figures when you consider that the season 4 finale had 1.9 million viewers and the previous highest rated episode from last week was 6.6 million.
  • shadowassassinshadowassassin Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without a doubt one of the greatest shows of our generation - thoroughly well thought out story, and it seemed fitting to end on series 5 as I believe that was the right amount to fill the story.

To be honest, part of me wishes we would have a series 6 or even a spinoff where we look at life beyond Walter, how does everybody regroup? I mean, Walter told Skyler where Hanks body could be found, yet we never saw that or Maries reaction to finding her husband's dead body.

Overall, I was satisfied with the ending, it seemed fitting and succinct :)
  • denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they did a great job of closing off loose ends, I guess we will never know what Jesse did after he left, but I guess he has closure as he can leave all that life behind with everyone dead.

Great ending to a great show, Walt dieing was always going to be the end for me, so it made sense
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Wow. Now THAT is how to do a finale! What an amazing show.

Genuinely brilliant TV.

RIP Breaking Bad, I for one will miss you.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dend wrote: »
    Yeah they did a great job of closing off loose ends, I guess we will never know what Jesse did after he left, but I guess he has closure as he can leave all that life behind with everyone dead.

Great ending to a great show, Walt dieing was always going to be the end for me, so it made sense

It would be nice to think that it's that easy for Jesse and perhaps he'll end up being a carpenter. Marie knows all about him being involved, somehow, though, and so she would be bound to say something to the authorities.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to think that it's that easy for Jesse and perhaps he'll end up being a carpenter. Marie knows all about him being involved, somehow, though, and so she would be bound to say something to the authorities.

That boxmaking sequence was heartbreaking...
  • streetwisestreetwise Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed, so poignant. Such a class move to have that scene.
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That broke my heart......and what I will [well want too] take away is that Walt loved Jesse.........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    streetwise wrote: »
    Agreed, so poignant. Such a class move to have that scene.

I'd actually completely forgotten until I read a review that making a box was the thing he talked about that made him happy and proud when he was at an NA meeting. That just makes it even more beautiful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it, what a fantastic end to an amazing series.
    Felt that justice had been done completely and I loved that Walt saved Jesse.

I also loved that Walt finally admitted he had been doing it for himself and not his family...I wonder when that became the case? Think we'll watch it from the start again too!
  • bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't want it to end. Amazing, have never felt such passion to watch a tv series for a long time. I will miss it.

RIP Walt
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha, take that Dexter - *that* is how you end a series!

Awesome. I loved the whole thing, no issues with any of it.
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I waited until today to watch the final 8 episodes and was not disappointed at all! I really cannot count the amount of times my jaw dropped throughout the whole thing and the finale was FANTASTIC!!!

Well done to everyone involved in making such a great show!

:D
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fabulous.

So much to like in this episode..maybe a bit too neat ..but overall great.

I chuckled at one bit which I put down to the great foreshadowing that BB does : Remember when Jesse and Walt were stuck in the mobile home in the desert with a flat battery. Jesse naively asks Walt if he is going to build a robot to get them out of their predicament.

4 Seasons later Walt does precisely that ..take that Jack !